TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
gordob9119

series 3 won't transfer from premiere

Sorry if this a repeat but I couldn't find anything. We have two series 3s and a premiere networked. We can transfer from 3s to premiere no problem. And from 3 to 3 no problem. The problem is from premiere to 3s. TiVo says it will add to list even though there is nothing else transferring and the blue light will stay on after you remove todo list but the blue light will not go out. Sometimes you have to reboot and maybe the light will go out, maybe not. This just seems to have started within the last 2 weeks. Before, worked fine. Have not changed any thing on our end, network, etc. I will list some info about the machines below. Thanks for any help in this matter.

s 3 #1 - sw ver. 11.0k-01-2-652 fw 1045
s 3 #2 sw ver. 11.0k-01-2-652 fw 817
premiere (series 4) sw 20.3.1-01-2-746 fw 817
gordob9119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

I assume there's space available for the transfer?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
gordob9119

Yes, plenty of room.
gordob9119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:31 AM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordob9119 View Post
Sorry if this a repeat but I couldn't find anything. We have two series 3s and a premiere networked. We can transfer from 3s to premiere no problem. And from 3 to 3 no problem. The problem is from premiere to 3s. TiVo says it will add to list even though there is nothing else transferring and the blue light will stay on after you remove todo list but the blue light will not go out. Sometimes you have to reboot and maybe the light will go out, maybe not. This just seems to have started within the last 2 weeks. Before, worked fine. Have not changed any thing on our end, network, etc. I will list some info about the machines below. Thanks for any help in this matter.

s 3 #1 - sw ver. 11.0k-01-2-652 fw 1045
s 3 #2 sw ver. 11.0k-01-2-652 fw 817
premiere (series 4) sw 20.3.1-01-2-746 fw 817

Have you tried putting the free version of TiVo Desktop on a PC and seeing if you can copy from the Premiere to the computer and then from computer to S3?

If you can't even get it from the Premiere to the PC, then further troubleshooting is indicated.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
doyling

Same Problem

I was wondering if anyone had any luck with this? I have had my Premiere a few months now and never had problems with transfers until this week.

Moving a show from the Premiere to my S3 seems to start. The blue light is on, and the show display in the todo list. The blue light stays on constant, even after clearing the To Do list. Clicking on the show in the To Do list gives the option to Transfer as Scheduled, or Cancel. I have found sometimes rebooting the S3 clears this. Sometimes rebooting the Premiere turns the light off. No combination of reboots and such lets me transfer.

I am running the Premiere over CAT6, and the S3 is CAT6 to MOCA. Space is not an issue on the S3 as it has a 2TB drive.

I have not tried TiVo desktop, I never could get it to work after the February date bug, and have no intention of installing it.
doyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyling View Post
I was wondering if anyone had any luck with this? I have had my Premiere a few months now and never had problems with transfers until this week.

Moving a show from the Premiere to my S3 seems to start. The blue light is on, and the show display in the todo list. The blue light stays on constant, even after clearing the To Do list. Clicking on the show in the To Do list gives the option to Transfer as Scheduled, or Cancel. I have found sometimes rebooting the S3 clears this. Sometimes rebooting the Premiere turns the light off. No combination of reboots and such lets me transfer.

I am running the Premiere over CAT6, and the S3 is CAT6 to MOCA. Space is not an issue on the S3 as it has a 2TB drive.

I have not tried TiVo desktop, I never could get it to work after the February date bug, and have no intention of installing it.
Supposedly they've pushed out new software to everything fixing the "expired cookie" problem from last Feb., so you could give TIVo Desktop another try, just for troubleshooting purposes.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote