TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #61
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

I always dislike the online hate mob more than the haters in the house.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #62
Ment

Aaryn is the HOH. Trying to figure out the votes on how David got the boot. If she's smart (probably not) she'll figure Jeremy had a hand in it.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #63
vertigo235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Aaryn is the HOH. Trying to figure out the votes on how David got the boot. If she's smart (probably not) she'll figure Jeremy had a hand in it.
But he didn't though, he voted for Ellisa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #64
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post
But he didn't though, he voted for Ellisa
Only to keep his hands clean. Spencer is the key. The girls HAVE to figure out their connection if they want to stay and not get 'moved' out.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #65
Shaunnick

Nothing new here, just more of the same. Discusses the guys and their misogyny, and more racist comments from the girls about Helen from yesterday.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-misogyny.html
Shaunnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #66
Shaunnick

On a funnier note, there is a major misinformation campaign in play right now by the MC and the floaters (basically everyone who voted out David) to confuse the hell out of the people ho voted out Elissa. The upshot is, if it makes it to TV it should be some entertaining TV into who voted for who.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #67
bryhamm
randomize

Might actually be out. While I like the twist of the MVP and how that can screw things up, I don't like that America chooses. No way to know if it is truly who America voted for. The editing can skew how people are perceived.

Add to this the "cheating" that supposedly went on in regards to the past HOH comp and I am close to bailing on this.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #68
GoPackGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Might actually be out. While I like the twist of the MVP and how that can screw things up, I don't like that America chooses. No way to know if it is truly who America voted for. The editing can skew how people are perceived.

Add to this the "cheating" that supposedly went on in regards to the past HOH comp and I am close to bailing on this.
Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think there is anyway CBS would award the MVP to anyone who didn't actually receive the most votes. They're charging a buck a text, so surely the whole process has some oversight, right?
GoPackGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #69
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think there is anyway CBS would award the MVP to anyone who didn't actually receive the most votes.
some people seem to forget that bb is aired on broadcast tv, and therefore subject to the rules and regulations of the fcc. if they rigged any part of the game, they would be fined and/or shut down for good.

due to cbs and endemol contractual obligations, both inside and outside the house, i suspect they do everything they can to avoid crossing the fcc, inviting a lawsuit, or asking for any negative publicity regarding deception. that would not only permanently tarnish their reputations, but would ultimately end a successful show, and open both companies up to a heap of unwanted trouble from many different directions. it's simply not worth it.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #70
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

There was a Survivor lawsuit some time ago where it was ruled that reality shows are not subject to gameshow regulations. Also, the fine print on the CBS website gives them the right to reject any vote for any reason.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #71
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice View Post
There was a Survivor lawsuit some time ago where it was ruled that reality shows are not subject to gameshow regulations. Also, the fine print on the CBS website gives them the right to reject any vote for any reason.
1000 times this. It is not classified as a game show and thus does not have to follow those regulations.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #72
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
...the fine print on the CBS website gives them the right to reject any vote for any reason.
reject, not alter.

Quote:
It is not classified as a game show and thus does not have to follow those regulations.
game show regulations are not the only tools available if there actually was wrong doing.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 07-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #73
vertigo235

Quote:
1000 times this. It is not classified as a game show and thus does not have to follow those regulations.
which of course is unfortunate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #74
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
reject, not alter.
Either way they achieve the same goal. If player A has the most votes but producers want player B to win, they just reject enough of player A's votes to push player B to the top spot.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #75
Waldorf
Super Duper Member

Yowza... some NSFW action last night.

Big Brother 15 Amanda Nude
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Also around midnight, it sounds like Jeremy and Kaitlin's relationship progressed.

Last edited by Waldorf : 07-08-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Waldorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:11 AM   #76
Ment

Amanda is out there sometimes. It reflects in her play, not disciplined. More NSFW between Jer and Kait but that is going to be most nights when they have time alone these days.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #77
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Either way they achieve the same goal. If player A has the most votes but producers want player B to win, they just reject enough of player A's votes to push player B to the top spot.
ok, let's say you're right, the votes are fixed, and the producers are altering votes just to give viewers the illusion of participating without influencing the outcome.

why do you watch? why would anyone watch? and why would anyone try out to be on the show? if you really believe it's true, and watch anyway, why complain?

Old 07-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #78
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
ok, let's say you're right, the votes are fixed, and the producers are altering votes just to give viewers the illusion of participating without influencing the outcome.

why do you watch? why would anyone watch? and why would anyone try out to be on the show? if you really believe it's true, and watch anyway, why complain?
Where did I complain? I watch because I like the show. I really don't care if the producers are fixing votes. We all know they try to direct the drama in the house via the diary room. It's part of the show.

BTW, I didn't say that they ARE fixing votes, just that they could based on the language used on the website.

Last edited by WhiskeyTango : 07-08-2013 at 12:21 PM.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #79
Shaunnick

Jeremy was the MVP nom. He won Veto and took himself off the block. The MVP (Elissa) replaced him with Nick.

So Either Helen gets screwed this week, Elissa gets tossed because the MC can't pull it together, or Nick goes home and I think the MC falls apart (McCrae hooking up with Amanda and Elissa, Howard, Spencer, and Jeremy forming a new MC).

The last half of that sentence is speculation on my part. I would be willing to bet money Helen goes home.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #80
Ment

Shoulda put up Kaitlyn as replacement nom. She was already freaking about it and it would put her over the edge and Jeremy with her.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #81
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
So Either Helen gets screwed this week, Elissa gets tossed because the MC can't pull it together, or Nick goes home and I think the MC falls apart
anything can happen in 3 days in this house, but i never imagined that elissa might have a chance. this could get interesting. my first thought was 8-3 (elisaa/nick, zero helen votes), elissa gone, mc exposed.

i like helen, and as smart as she is, her game hasn't been. mccrae might come around, and if jeremy and aaryn change their minds, helen could be gone (jeremy has a mind?).

i would love for someone in this house to finally figure out there are three nominees, not two with a perpetual pawn, and swing votes to the third nom to control the vote. maybe next week.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #82
Waldorf
Super Duper Member

I know it's kind of beating a dead horse and everything, but this cracked me up...

Last edited by Waldorf : 07-09-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Waldorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #83
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

You guys heard anything recently? I miss my updates!

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #84
Ment

Jeremy created a new five person alliance of himself, Kait, Aaryn, Spencer and Howard. This will supersede the MC but the other MC members won't know about it. Not sure how solid it is at this point.

Amanda figured out the boy alliance..not all the members but that they are working together..cause Spencer has been lying to everyone and they compared notes. McCray is still lying to her about his part in it...even when Amanda made him swear on their future babies that he doesn't know anything.

As a result Amanda is scrambling for votes to keep Elissa and vote out Nick. Right now she has Jessi, Andy, Judd, Howard(not solid) and herself. She'll use McCray to vote only if needed to break a tie so if he gets hinky it could explode things between them.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #85
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

Thanks. Why isn't Joker's updated past Jul 8?

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #86
Ment

No idea. I use an app for updates and browser for live feeds and read jokers just for the discussion forums.

Oh you mean the daily summaries. Its very hit/miss on those at Jokers but the running updates always work.

Last edited by Ment : 07-10-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #87
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

None of the MC have splintered off. As of now they will keep Nick and move forward as planned. Any other side alliances are for show--an attempt to placate those paranoid about some combination of Spencer, Howard, Jeremy, and Nick working together.

The only way Elissa stays is if 1.)Amanda breaks McCrae away from the MC or 2.) Aaryn and/or Kaitlin are convinced (by the DR or by MC stupidity) that there is an all male alliance.

There is also an outside chance that Aaryn and Kaitlin could have a spat, causing Aaryn to break away on her own.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:48 AM   #88
Stylin
Stylish Jane Sixpack

Just catching up on the thread.... Out of 5 cable providers of course mine would be the only one that doesn't get tvgn lol, so no reporting from me this year. Watching BB without BBAD is painful!! I have no idea what there "real" personalities are...

I read abt Aryn, Ginamarie and Spencer - would've preferred to see/hear it for myself, but doesn't look like it was edited to look worse than it was etc... Shame on them!!

@ Waldorf - pic = hilarious

Quote:
if you've missed any of the bigoted comments, a 12 minute youtube supercut has them all in one, convenient, disgusting video: http://youtu.be/H3sIaYUxOLs
OMFG!! Woooowww!! I just watched this. I had no idea it was this out of control!! WOW! I'm just speechless... I'm feeling sooo sorry for the other HG's - having to sit there and here this crap, and not being able to really address it or even hearing comments being made about other HG's. Wow. How awful!

Didn't really care for Elissa, but she's def got my vote as at least she said something, as it's much better coming from her than others. Oh, I guess this is what Aryn meant by "She's the cause of a lot of arguments in the house".
S3 250gb LT 10/15/07

Last edited by Stylin : 07-11-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Stylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #89
Ment

Quote:
None of the MC have splintered off. As of now they will keep Nick and move forward as planned. Any other side alliances are for show--an attempt to placate those paranoid about some combination of Spencer, Howard, Jeremy, and Nick working together.

The only way Elissa stays is if 1.)Amanda breaks McCrae away from the MC or 2.) Aaryn and/or Kaitlin are convinced (by the DR or by MC stupidity) that there is an all male alliance.

There is also an outside chance that Aaryn and Kaitlin could have a spat, causing Aaryn to break away on her own.
Things are a changin' stay tuned?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #90
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post

Things are a changin' stay tuned?
If this works out the way I'm hoping it will, I cannot wait to see the look on nick and Arryn's faces!!

I can't believe I'm actually kinda liking Elissa. I *loathed* her sister and fully expected to not like her either. Surprising!
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote