TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #5371
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
Was working fine and it still works fine on my Tivo Premier but my TivoHD reboots every time I try to pull the now playing list. Any thoughts where to start looking for the problem? I upgraded to kmttg_v1p0b.zip but no luck, still reboots at 384/1566. So it pulls three times then reboots...
It might be because of the amount of recordings you have. Try limiting the Playlist fetches.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #5372
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
It might be because of the amount of recordings you have. Try limiting the Playlist fetches.
How do I do that? I would love to be able to tell it certain files to pull. I got over 120 episodes of that girl that I need to remove and format for the wife.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:14 AM   #5373
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
How do I do that? I would love to be able to tell it certain files to pull. I got over 120 episodes of that girl that I need to remove and format for the wife.
Under Configuration, Tivos tab, NPL fetches, set to 3.
1 fetch = 128 recordings
0 = unlimited

~~~~~

Old 07-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #5374
christheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I was confused by your mention of "HD recordings" but I guess you were talking about what you could do in the future.

Be aware that if you install a cable card, you might lose access to the analog channels. You would probably still be able to record from the SD digital channels and the recordings would be smaller than if they were recorded from the HD channels but you would have no control over the quality.

When I am recording an old movie, I use the SD version of the channel as opposed to the HD but the recording is still larger than the same recording made from an analog source at basic quality.
That's correct. I was thinking about what accommodations I might need to make in the future in order to carry on with digital. I guess at the time I wasn't considering that there is also an SD version for each channel I can get now.

I record in analog SD at Tivo best quality (720x480 or DVD spec). So by your accounts going to digital would likely save me space. It may be that the analog encoder on the Tivo might inflate file size, but not the bit rate, as a tradeoff, or maybe the digital SD bit rate is more compressed than what I have now.

In any event I am getting bit rates of about 5-7 Mbps (measured by VideoRedo) and 6-8Mbps (measured by KMTTG) for the same video.

As long as the bit rate doesn't drop down below 4 Mbps (as per VideoRedo), I think I could probably live with it. Otherwise I would just have to down convert from HD to get a nice enough bit rate.
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #5375
Soapm

Quote:
Under Configuration, Tivos tab, NPL fetches, set to 3.
1 fetch = 128 recordings
0 = unlimited
Cool, that works except it pulls from the top o the list which are my newer recordings. Anyway to tell it to pull the old ones first?

Also, why does it pull differently from my premier as it does from my TivoHD? My premier has 987 recordings and it appears to pull them 16 at a time. so I get 16/987 then 32/987 etc... Anyway to get it to take a "smaller gulp" on the TivoHD? I figure the difference must be in the tivo since I'm using the same software in both scenarios.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #5376
moyekj

For some odd reason a while back TiVo changed series 4 software to only return a max of 16 recordings at a time instead of 128 as is case with series 3 software.

Most likely what is happening is there is 1 recording on your TiVo causing problems for TiVo TTG server. Since you know approximately where it fails you could try deleting shows in that range (restoring as needed from Recently Deleted folder) until it works and narrow in on which one is causing problems. You can use a browser to control precisely what shows to retrieve as shown below.
Use the "ItemCount" url option to control how many items to retrieve, and the "AnchorOffset" url option to control starting point. Thus, for example to retrieve most recent shows 10-15 it would be something like:
Code:
https://192.168.1.121/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&ItemCount=5&AnchorOffset=10
(Obviously replace IP above with your TiVo IP). You will have to allow your browser a security exception and login with "tivo" as username and your 10 digit MAK as password.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #5377
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Use the "ItemCount" url option to control how many items to retrieve, and the "AnchorOffset" url option to control starting point. Thus, for example to retrieve most recent shows 10-15 it would be something like:
Code:
https://192.168.1.121/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&ItemCount=5&AnchorOffset=10
(Obviously replace IP above with your TiVo IP).
Where do I find these? Are they in a config file or where would i make the changes? Directly in a browser???

I tried sticking in in a browser and it says authentication required but no matter what I enter seems to be wrong???
Old 07-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #5378
moyekj

Quote:
Where do I find these? Are they in a config file or where would i make the changes? Directly in a browser???

I tried sticking in in a browser and it says authentication required but no matter what I enter seems to be wrong???
I just realized the problem you are having is with your series 3 TiVo HD unit which still has the "expired cookie" problem (that was fixed for series 4 in 20.3 software update), so this browser method is not going to work for you anyway...

Old 07-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #5379
moyekj

soapm, rename your current kmttg.jar and replace with the one in this zip file which I configured to limit NPL retrieval (using curl downloads) to 5 items at a time. This way you can narrow down to within 5 shows where it is failing. Just make sure to turn off "Java downloads" option if you are using that since I didn't update that in this special version.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #5380
waynomo
My One Time

I have a TiVoHD. It is my understanding that TiVoHDs will not play MP4 video files. I have an video MP4 file that I won't to watch on my HDTV using my TiVoHD. I put the file in my TiVo folder on my PC. It doesn't show up when I browse to my computer from my TiVo along with my other files that do.

Can I use KMTTG to convert this file to a format that my TivoHD will play? I don't see an appropriate encoding profile that will work.

TY

Last edited by waynomo : 07-05-2013 at 03:06 PM.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #5381
Soapm

Quote:
soapm, rename your current kmttg.jar and replace with the one in this zip file which I configured to limit NPL retrieval (using curl downloads) to 5 items at a time. This way you can narrow down to within 5 shows where it is failing. Just make sure to turn off "Java downloads" option if you are using that since I didn't update that in this special version.

Ok, thanks, it got to 515/1568 then rebooted. How do i narrow that down to 5 shows on the tivo? Do i just count down the NPL 515 shows? If so I could probably do that fairly easy with the web version of pytivo since I can see the NPL that way.

I suspect it has to be shows I transferred over using pytivo so when it restarts I will begin by deleting all those shows.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #5382
Soapm

Quote:
I just realized the problem you are having is with your series 3 TiVo HD unit which still has the "expired cookie" problem (that was fixed for series 4 in 20.3 software update), so this browser method is not going to work for you anyway...
Googling that says to change the date on the computer to pre- 2/16 and I should be fine. I will try that also.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #5383
Soapm

Quote:
Googling that says to change the date on the computer to pre- 2/16 and I should be fine. I will try that also.
Changing the date to 2012 didn't work... Still rebooted at 520/1569.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #5384
Soapm

So I was reading this this thread and saw this.

Quote:
Moyekj added the --cookie "sid=abc" curl command line argument to kmttg
So what happened to the fix? Is it no longer working or did I somehow get a version with it removed?
Old 07-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #5385
Soapm

I think I found my own answer. On 2/16 an alternative cookie handling was added. I am guessing an adjustment was made to that in this last release???

Quote:
v0p9l (2/16/2013)

FIXES

Changed to use alternative cookie handling for downloads using curl to workaround recent TiVo http server issue of handing out expired session id cookie.
Quote:
v1p0a (5/25/2013)

Added -v command line option for printing out current kmttg version.
Added --cookie-jar cookieFile option back to curl-based download tasks.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #5386
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

There seems to be an update coming to the Series 3, 11.0m. It might be the cookie fix we have been waiting for.

~~~~~

Old 07-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #5387
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Is there a way to have KMTTG, when doing NPL fetches (when NPL fetches were limited), to fetch the next set(s) when we refresh the NPL?

~~~~~

Old 07-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #5388
howards

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
I have a TiVoHD. It is my understanding that TiVoHDs will not play MP4 video files. I have an video MP4 file that I won't to watch on my HDTV using my TiVoHD. I put the file in my TiVo folder on my PC. It doesn't show up when I browse to my computer from my TiVo along with my other files that do.

Can I use KMTTG to convert this file to a format that my TivoHD will play? I don't see an appropriate encoding profile that will work.

TY
Use pyTivo to transcode the file to Tivo format from MP4. KMTTG can call pyTivo for pushes, or you can access pyTivo shares on your Tivo the same way you access TivoDesktop shares.
howards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #5389
Soapm

Quote:
There seems to be an update coming to the Series 3, 11.0m. It might be the cookie fix we have been waiting for.
Oh Boy, that means I better locate and install the script that re-hacks my OS. I didn't install it on this Tivo since new OS's weren't being released.

Hopefully this is the fix but in the mean time I'm using pyTivo to offload the files and will use kmttg to format them from there. Hopefully that will work.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #5390
Soapm

Quote:
I think I found my own answer. On 2/16 an alternative cookie handling was added. I am guessing an adjustment was made to that in this last release???
Just curious, where are the old versions of kmttg? I wanted to test v0p9l to see if it would run but I can't find the archives.

Nevermind, found it... http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/downl...l.zip&can=2&q=
Old 07-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #5391
Soapm

Quote:
Just curious, where are the old versions of kmttg? I wanted to test v0p9l to see if it would run but I can't find the archives.

Nevermind, found it... http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/downl...l.zip&can=2&q=
The old version didn't work, still rebooted so I guess I need to locate the bad file or just start deleting as many as possible.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #5392
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
The old version didn't work, still rebooted so I guess I need to locate the bad file or just start deleting as many as possible.
You can start by comparing what shows got onto the Kmttg list until you get to the ones that has not listed yet. Delete a few of those, refresh kmttg, restore 1 or so, and repeat.

~~~~~

Old 07-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #5393
Soapm

Quote:
You can start by comparing what shows got onto the Kmttg list until you get to the ones that has not listed yet. Delete a few of those, refresh kmttg, restore 1 or so, and repeat.
I deleted all the shows transferred to the Tivo using pyTivo and that seems to have cleared the error. Should have taken this advice from the start...

Quote:
Most likely what is happening is there is 1 recording on your TiVo causing problems for TiVo TTG server.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #5394
moyekj

v1p0c version released

v1p0c version has been released. Highlights of this release:
* File->Search Table... (Ctrl-S) menu item added. Brings up search dialog for tables SHOW column (if you're like me with many season passes for example this makes it easier to find one).
* Right mouse popup menu for table rows associated with keyboard shortcuts. keyboard_shortcuts Wiki updated with latest keyboard shortcuts and popup menu items.
* New "Show Information" dialog for RPC enabled (series 4) TiVos to give detailed show information + artwork similar to show details for TiVo HDUI.
* Auto Transfers->Service->Install,Start,Stop,Remove menu entries updated to run in background mode and print error messages for failures.

Consult release_notes Wiki for all the details.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #5395
christheman

I had an idea with regards to the partial download issue. Does anyone else who is having this issue NOT have an inline cable company booster amplifier located near the entry point of their house?

We have one, and it is on the same circuit as our outdoor well pump and also our basement sump pump. The booster amp itself is powered by a light-duty external "wall wart" type of power supply. Every time one of these pumps kicks on, the voltage swings just a tiny bit all around the house. I imagine there is more of a voltage swing on that particular circuit. I am thinking that since booster amps are commonly used, that this may be a common cause of the partial download issue.

I have my Tivo on a UPS already, but it is all the way across the house from the cable booster amp. I did that to prevent it from brownout or blackout flickering, a different issue we often have which has destroyed a couple Tivos in the past.

Before I run out to get another UPS, do any other homeowners have the partial download problem but NOT have a booster amp on their premise? (it may be difficult to tell if you live in a condo or apt)

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by christheman : 07-07-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #5396
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by christheman View Post
I had an idea with regards to the partial download issue. Does anyone else who is having this issue NOT have an inline cable company booster amplifier located near the entry point of their house?

We have one, and it is on the same circuit as our outdoor well pump and also our basement sump pump. The booster amp itself is powered by a light-duty external "wall wart" type of power supply. Every time one of these pumps kicks on, the voltage swings just a tiny bit all around the house. I imagine there is more of a voltage swing on that particular circuit. I am thinking that since booster amps are commonly used, that this may be a common cause of the partial download issue.

I have my Tivo on a UPS already, but it is all the way across the house from the cable booster amp. I did that to prevent it from brownout or blackout flickering, a different issue we often have which has destroyed a couple Tivos in the past.

Before I run out to get another UPS, do any other homeowners have the partial download problem but NOT have a booster amp on their premise? (it may be difficult to tell if you live in a condo or apt)

Thanks
Chris
How about running an extension cord to another outlet on a different circuit.

~~~~~

Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #5397
christheman

Quote:
How about running an extension cord to another outlet on a different circuit.
Nocando. Every available outlet in the basement comes off of that same circuit. Across the basement the furnace/AC would probably do the same on its circuit.

Last edited by christheman : 07-08-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #5398
brykasch

Cant use kmttg, doesnt download files

Well I had been a big fan of the program, was easy to use could easily transfer files. Now when Tivo had the issue a while back it caused kmttg to break essentially for me. Everyone said hey just download the new version its fine. I got it, and extracted ran it , it asks to download files I tell it to and nothing ever happens. tried an older version, and nada same thing just sits there.

Any suggestions?

Using v1p0c

Last edited by brykasch : 07-10-2013 at 04:25 PM.
brykasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #5399
moyekj

Follow installation instructions here (assuming you are using windows):
http://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/...s_installation

If you still have trouble post here more details about exactly what the problem is and include all messages in the message window (you can use cut and paste).

Old 07-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #5400
windracer
joined the 10k club

Custom WishList names when importing

I love the Season Pass transfer ability of kmttg. Being able to export/import SPs from one box to another is pretty handy!

I did notice, however, that my custom WishList titles don't transfer across. Instead, they show up with their original title (the TiVo-generated one). For example, I have a WishList called "Rays Baseball" which includes the category Sports:Baseball and then Title keywords "RAYS" and "MLB". If I transfer that WishList via kmttg, it will appear as "RAYS, MLB" on the target box so I have to go and manually rename it.

Is there any way to bring that custom name across? Minor issue, I realize ...

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote