TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #2281
ggieseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse0001 View Post
Hello, I am new to this community and my TP-4 stopped working. Continuous reboot. Can somebody help me get an image for a TCD750500 with factory drive (plan to uprade to larger drive) Thanks in advance.
PM sent.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #2282
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggieseke View Post
PM sent.
He only had 1 post, so he'll have to contribute a bit to earn the contents of that PM, if I understand the "minimum post requirements" rules correctly...

I'd suggest the more off-topic areas, like the coffee house discussion area, or happy hour threads. I think they count...
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #2283
ggieseke

I think you only have to have 10 posts to send PMs, not to receive them. If I'm wrong about that please let me know.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #2284
fuse0001

Quote:
I think you only have to have 10 posts to send PMs, not to receive them. If I'm wrong about that please let me know.
I was able to get the PM. Thank you for the support.
I am having bad luck on DVDBARS with WIN7 x64 using admin controls. IEnumWbemClassObject::Next
Had issues with JMFS on my WIN7 machine. When booting the CD, it can't locate the controllers or something like that.
The DVDBARS would not see my original TIVO hard drive, so it must be junk. I popped in a new one and was all good (using XP)
I fired up the old XP and did not have any issues with either program.
The guided setup will have to wait until the weekend. Hopefully I am all set.
Once again, thanks for the support.
fuse0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:04 AM   #2285
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
I stand corrected, since the new forum member has stated he RECEIVED it with post #2.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #2286
ggieseke

Quote:
I was able to get the PM. Thank you for the support.
I am having bad luck on DVDBARS with WIN7 x64 using admin controls. IEnumWbemClassObject::Next
Had issues with JMFS on my WIN7 machine. When booting the CD, it can't locate the controllers or something like that.
The DVDBARS would not see my original TIVO hard drive, so it must be junk. I popped in a new one and was all good (using XP)
I fired up the old XP and did not have any issues with either program.
The guided setup will have to wait until the weekend. Hopefully I am all set.
Once again, thanks for the support.
Glad you got it working. I wrote DvrBARS on a Windows 7 x64 computer, so that isn't the problem but I would like to make it a bullet-proof as possible.

That error is occuring in the subroutine that finds all of the hard drives using WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation). Is it giving you a specific error number? If the error number is something minor I can add a few lines to ignore it and continue instead of giving up.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #2287
fuse0001

Quote:
Glad you got it working. I wrote DvrBARS on a Windows 7 x64 computer, so that isn't the problem but I would like to make it a bullet-proof as possible.

That error is occuring in the subroutine that finds all of the hard drives using WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation). Is it giving you a specific error number? If the error number is something minor I can add a few lines to ignore it and continue instead of giving up.
I took the liberty to take a snapshot of the error, but I can't figure out how to upload from my computer.It's asking for a http: address. Anyway Error 0X80041013(2147749907) Hope this helps!
fuse0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #2288
ggieseke

Quote:
I took the liberty to take a snapshot of the error, but I can't figure out how to upload from my computer.It's asking for a http: address. Anyway Error 0X80041013(2147749907) Hope this helps!
Thanks. It sounds like something is wonky with WMI on that PC. Here's what Microsoft has to say about that error:
---------------------------------------------
WBEM_E_PROVIDER_LOAD_FAILURE
2147749907 (0x80041013) COM cannot locate a provider referenced in the schema.

This error may be caused by many conditions, including the following:

•Provider is using a WMI DLL that does not match the .lib file used when the provider was built.
•Provider's DLL, or any of the DLLs on which it depends, is corrupt.
•Provider failed to export DllRegisterServer.
•In-process provider was not registered using the regsvr32 command.
•Out-of-process provider was not registered using the /regserver switch. For example, myprog.exe /regserver.
---------------------------------------------
MS has a WMI Diagnosis Utility at

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=7684

I don't know if it will help but it might be worth a shot. Since this is the only report of that error so far I think I'll leave well enough alone for now.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #2289
kb7oeb

I successfully upgraded my 320GB premiere to a 2TB drive and I kept the original 320GB drive as a backup.

I recently purchased a second premiere with a 500GB drive and don't really need to upgrade the hard drive at this time. If I later need to replace the drive in my second premiere can I use the 320GB drive from my first premiere to load a new hard drive and then run clear and delete everything to clear out the TSN?
kb7oeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #2290
ggieseke

You betcha.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #2291
antalo

I'm not sure if I should post my problem here, or start a new thread.
I got my new S4 Premiere, the one with OTA tuner in it and 500GB drive. I got a WD 20EURS drive. I connected the original from the Tivo and the WD to my WIN XT system and ran the program given at the beginning of this thread. (Don't remember the name) It did not recognize the 20 TB drive as such but as a 200GB and would not procede. So I got a 2TB Toshiba drive, connected, ran the program and that was almost 2 dys ago and it has only copied about 85000KB $ 917 KBT/Sec. At this rate it's going to take about 154 hrs or 6 1/2 days. It only suppose to take a couple of hrs. I didn't do anything to the Toshiba drive DT01ACA200.
What can I do to speed up the process ? Thanks for any help.
antalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #2292
ggieseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by antalo View Post
I'm not sure if I should post my problem here, or start a new thread.
I got my new S4 Premiere, the one with OTA tuner in it and 500GB drive. I got a WD 20EURS drive. I connected the original from the Tivo and the WD to my WIN XT system and ran the program given at the beginning of this thread. (Don't remember the name) It did not recognize the 20 TB drive as such but as a 200GB and would not procede. So I got a 2TB Toshiba drive, connected, ran the program and that was almost 2 dys ago and it has only copied about 85000KB $ 917 KBT/Sec. At this rate it's going to take about 154 hrs or 6 1/2 days. It only suppose to take a couple of hrs. I didn't do anything to the Toshiba drive DT01ACA200.
What can I do to speed up the process ? Thanks for any help.
I'd start by trying a different PC. If it didn't recognize a WD20EURS correctly and the Toshiba drive is taking that long something is wrong with the computer or the cabling. I'd almost think that it's really old (like late '90s old) but they didn't even have SATA drives back then.

There's a new Windows program named DvrBARS that can copy the drive, but if jmfs (the program this thread is about) can't talk to the drive correctly you probably still won't be able to expand it into the remaining 1.5TB once the copy is finished. 500GB should only take about 2 hours to copy.

If you're in the wrong thread and trying to use WinMFS on a Premiere from Windows XP it won't work. You could still copy the drive with DvrBARS but you would need to download jmfs and burn it to a boot CD in order to expand the drive.

More details please.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #2293
antalo

Quote:
I'd start by trying a different PC. If it didn't recognize a WD20EURS correctly and the Toshiba drive is taking that long something is wrong with the computer or the cabling. I'd almost think that it's really old (like late '90s old) but they didn't even have SATA drives back then.

There's a new Windows program named DvrBARS that can copy the drive, but if jmfs (the program this thread is about) can't talk to the drive correctly you probably still won't be able to expand it into the remaining 1.5TB once the copy is finished. 500GB should only take about 2 hours to copy.

If you're in the wrong thread and trying to use WinMFS on a Premiere from Windows XP it won't work. You could still copy the drive with DvrBARS but you would need to download jmfs and burn it to a boot CD in order to expand the drive.

More details please.
Thanks for your advise. It is an older PC with RAID connections. That's where I got the drives connected to, but I do or did run the jmfs . I'll stop the copying and will try again with the WD drive.

P.S. I did stop the transfer, reconnected the WD drive and now it's working fine. It already copied more than the previous 2 days.
Keep you posted.

P.P.S. I'm up and running. Everything went well. At the first try I think I screwed up, I selected the 200MB system drive instead of the 2 TB WD.

Last edited by antalo : 07-10-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #2294
caddyroger

I have a Premiere 2TB Elite with the hard drive going out. From what i understand the Jmfs Live CD is used going from a smaller drive to a bigger drive or am I am wrong?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #2295
antalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
I have a Premiere 2TB Elite with the hard drive going out. From what i understand the Jmfs Live CD is used going from a smaller drive to a bigger drive or am I am wrong?
I would recommend reading the beginning of this thread. If you already expended the original drive you should use it to copy to a new drive.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #2296
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antalo View Post
I would recommend reading the beginning of this thread. If you already expended the original drive you should use it to copy to a new drive.
I did read the the beginning, It has this

Your original Tivo disk
New disk larger than Tivo's
Computer that you can boot from CD or USB
Jmfs Live CD
My tivo came with a 2TB hard drive but by the "New disks larger then tivo's" you would have to go larger then 2TBs. What I have read you can not go past 2TB hard drives.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #2297
ggieseke

You can use jmfs to just copy the disk, or to copy and expand when going to a larger drive. In your case it would just use ddrescue to "zerox" the drive. With a SATA connection that will probably take 8-10 hours.

If you don't have a lot of recordings, you could do a Modified Full backup to your PC with DvrBARS, then do a Quick restore to the new drive.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #2298
seamonkeys1

Rebooting Bad Hard Drive

I got the GSOD followed by a constant rebooting of my Tivo Premiere DVR.

Sounds like this is a hard drive problem. I do not have the original drive, but I do have WD GREEN 2 TB drive waiting to be installed.

Thank You
seamonkeys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #2299
ggieseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkeys1 View Post
I got the GSOD followed by a constant rebooting of my Tivo Premiere DVR.

Sounds like this is a hard drive problem. I do not have the original drive, but I do have WD GREEN 2 TB drive waiting to be installed.

Thank You
What's the model number of the Premiere?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #2300
seamonkeys1

Tivo Model Number

Tivo Model Number is TCD746320
Old 07-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #2301
ggieseke

Quote:
Tivo Model Number is TCD746320
PM sent.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #2302
seamonkeys1

Thanks Ggieseke Tivo is back up and running. Where do I donate?
Old 07-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #2303
ggieseke

Quote:
Thanks Ggieseke Tivo is back up and running. Where do I donate?
In the System Information screen there's a donate button.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #2304
Junglebook456

I'm new here.

My tivo (tcd746320) hdd seems to be dying and I ordered a WD green 2tb. Is there any chance I can get a backup to install the 2tb ?

Last edited by Junglebook456 : 07-23-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Junglebook456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #2305
mattack

If your drive isn't actually dead yet, you can likely copy the existing OS & shows off of it, and just use that.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #2306
ggieseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglebook456 View Post
I'm new here.

My tivo (tcd746320) hdd seems to be dying and I ordered a WD green 2tb. Is there any chance I can get a backup to install the 2tb ?
I sent you a PM with a link to the 746 image if mattack's suggestion doesn't work.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #2307
Junglebook456

Thanks a lot��
Junglebook456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:14 AM   #2308
cardinals41

Hope this is the right place for the question.
Upgraded using JMFS, put the new drive in a Premier and remained stuck on starting up. Can and should I redo the process or does someone have advice on how to get the drive to work?
cardinals41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #2309
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals41 View Post
Hope this is the right place for the question.
Upgraded using JMFS, put the new drive in a Premier and remained stuck on starting up. Can and should I redo the process or does someone have advice on how to get the drive to work?
If you're seeing the very first screen only, and it's not moving on (says welcome, never gets to a few more minutes), then the TiVo and the drive are not communicating for some reason.

If it's a WD drive, have you checked to be sure Intellipark is disabled?

Double check the power and data connections between the TiVo and the drive.
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #2310
cook

Help- "Copy did not finish successfully"

Hello all.

I have a 2 tuner Premiere that I was having problems with freezing, stuttering and getting stuck on recorded shows so I was trying to upgrade from an original 320gig to a 1tb WD10EURX using jmfs-rev104.

The original drive must of been bad cause I noticed after a few hours of what I thought was going well of copying I got a "Copy did not finish successfully" error when it was about 90% finished on the first stage.

Now the new drive is recognized as a Tivo drive by JMFS and I don't really care about the shows that I had on the old drive, can I just expand and supersize without copying? I'm stuck at knowing what to do cause the copy was not 100% finished.

Thank you.

Last edited by cook : 08-07-2013 at 12:55 AM.
cook is offline   Reply With Quote