TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
poppagene

playon through pytivo is broken for me

Was working earlier this week. When I navigate to the pytivo playon interface in the now playing list and try to transfer a streaming internet video, tivo adds it to the todo list and does nothing with it.
poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #2
moose53

Arrow

Yeah, me too.

I posted over here this afternoon: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...38#post9721738 because I thought it might be related to the problems we had last February.

It was working for me late last night (just before midnight).

I think Playon pushed a significant update through early this morning. I couldn't find anything in the release notes that indicates what they've been messing about with this time: http://www.playon.tv/releasenotes

I've spent almost twelve hours trying to figure out what's not working on this. I wish error messages would go into an "error" log so you'd have some information to work with.

Aggravating.

I did notice when I reinstalled Playon that a lot of the sites that they provide as part of the software are requiring a login. Starting to look like they're locking up a lot of stuff.

Good luck. If I find out anything, I'll post here too.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Looks like the port was changed again with PlayOn ver. 3.7.6.5398.

What now works (for me) is:
Code:
path = path.replace(':54479',':53478')
Both pushes and pulls are working for me with this change.

I determined this with the same kind of detective work described here:
http://www.playon.tv/forum/media-dev...#comment-35120

I queried PlayOn about the port assignments back when it first happened and got no helpful response. Not surprising since pyTivo isn't supported by them.

Kind of tedious testing port numbers -- you get (On a Tivo HD at least) the stuck blue light when you try a transfer with the wrong port number and have to restart to clear it.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
moose53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Looks like the port was changed again with PlayOn ver. 3.7.6.5398.

What now works (for me) is:
Code:
path = path.replace(':54479',':53478')
Both pushes and pulls are working for me with this change.

I determined this with the same kind of detective work described here:
http://www.playon.tv/forum/media-dev...#comment-35120

I queried PlayOn about the port assignments back when it first happened and got no helpful response. Not surprising since pyTivo isn't supported by them.

Kind of tedious testing port numbers -- you get (On a Tivo HD at least) the stuck blue light when you try a transfer with the wrong port number and have to restart to clear it.
Thanks. THAT did it!! Don't know why they keep mucking about with port numbers ... if they'd at least document what they're doing in the release notes, it would save a lot of headaches.

Interesting that they don't "support" pyTivo ... maybe they should look out the window and see who their customers REALLY are.

Thanks.