TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Big Brother 7.2.2013

Am I missing something but how is Rachel's sister the MVP? I'm guessing it's because she's the only one people recognize. It can't be because Rachel was popular? Can it?

I thought I might like the MVP, but now that it's in play, I'm not sure I do. First of all, I don't like that the viewers could effect the game like this. Second, it means a 50/50 chance the nominates will get changed through veto. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't know, but I'm not sure I like it.

I loved how pizza boy tried to "throw" the veto competition and then won. First of all, you need to spell a SHORT word, or just do what surfer dude did and not spell one at all, and pretend you were trying to make a longer word. Also, can NOBODY keep a secret?

I'm still trying to figure out how the alliance has numbers to vote out surfer dude. If they try and recruit someone to vote with them, then they risk exposing their alliance.

And, I still can't remember anyone's names!!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Am I missing something but how is Rachel's sister the MVP? I'm guessing it's because she's the only one people recognize. It can't be because Rachel was popular? Can it?
MVP is a misnomer. I think people are voting to cause the greatest turmoil in the house. It's so early, the public hasn't really decided who their favorites are. I know I haven't. Nobody has come across as very likable to me.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe View Post
MVP is a misnomer. I think people are voting to cause the greatest turmoil in the house. It's so early, the public hasn't really decided who their favorites are. I know I haven't. Nobody has come across as very likable to me.
I kind of agree. I think I have one favorite. Nick. He seems to know how to play the game. But it's early.

I don't know about you guys, but this definitely doesn't seem like the brightest bunch of house guests.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Man is this the biggest bunch of idiots in BB history! And that's saying a lot. Especially Spicoli!

I can see why Elissa won the MVP. Definitely because of Rachel. Whom I do like. I thought she was a badass last year! Not to mention a trip. She was entertaining to me at least.

But something needs to change with the MVP aspect. Not sure how. But the MVP should be safe. Say the HoH is the only one who knows and cannot tell or be penalized somehow.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
Waldorf
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Just going by Twitter, Rachel has around 95,000 followers and was campaigning for votes. The houseguest with the most followers is Elissa with around 5,000. Most of the other house guests have much less, so going into the first week of MVP voting, I'm sure Elissa carried more of a "known" inertia and some built in votes. We'll see if she stays and gets it again.

Other houseguests with Twitter accounts:
Amanda - 200
Aaryn - 2000
Andy - 1000
Candice - 700
GinaMarie - 100
Jeremy - 700
Jessie - 100
Judd - 70
McCrae - 1300
Nick - 2300

* numbers rounded using "new math"
Old 07-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
Shaunnick

On Elissa winning MVP: Believe it or not, Rachel has 90,000 loyal twitter followers. These are people who actually like her. With a tweet she can get that number to vote ten times. Elissa very well could end up being MVP every week until she leaves.

MC has four votes. They need two more to create a tie at worst, with McCrae being the tie breaker. Amanda would be one McCrae could collect, and then just one more would have to be colectd (Andy, Helen, Kaitlyn being the lowest hanging fruit to grab).
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
On Elissa winning MVP: Believe it or not, Rachel has 90,000 loyal twitter followers. These are people who actually like her. With a tweet she can get that number to vote ten times. Elissa very well could end up being MVP every week until she leaves.

MC has four votes. They need two more to create a tie at worst, with McCrae being the tie breaker. Amanda would be one McCrae could collect, and then just one more would have to be colectd (Andy, Helen, Kaitlyn being the lowest hanging fruit to grab).
The house seemed to thing Elissa would win MVP, so I guess just on name recognition alone. I guess I'm just not understanding the Rachel love, but whatever. We'll see if sis maintains it.

I can't see how MC can get those extra votes without giving up the alliance. That's their major task, or, they just decide to go with the house, and vote off Elissa (the result I'm hoping for personally).

I forgot to mention. I loved when Candace said, I'm not gonna cry over being nominated...and they flash to the DR and she's crying over being nominated.

And Elissa is one TERRIBLE liar. First she says she never said that her sis was campaigning for votes for her, and her sis was a Super Model (the thought of Rachel as a SM might turn me off of clothes for the rest of my life!!), and then, oh yeah, it was a joke, as if she never denied it vehemently in the first place. She's really worthless, and not even funny worthless.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I think Elissa caught herself blowing it by saying her sister would campaign for votes, then made up the Gissell story to cover up her mistake.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
I think Elissa caught herself blowing it by saying her sister would campaign for votes, then made up the Gissell story to cover up her mistake.
And using such a well known model as her sister was an even STUPIDER mistake!!
Old 07-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #10
Shaunnick

Quote:
I actually laughed when Jeremy was confused about who Giselle Buttchin was or how famous she was.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Yup, like you said she is a Terrible liar. Even when he called her on saying that why not immediately say you were joking, why deny deny deny and then say oh that I was joking.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #12
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

If Nick were smart he'd realize that Alissa had a good chance of winnning MVP every week and either bring her into MC or form some sort of bond.

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTigerFan View Post
If Nick were smart he'd realize that Alissa had a good chance of winnning MVP every week and either bring her into MC or form some sort of bond.
Nope, if he was smart, he'd agree to get her out now, before she ruins EVERY HOH chance to do what they want.

Regarding MVP, I think they should have a rule that the same person can't be MVP 2 weeks in a row. Imagine if she did win every week, how she could manipulate the game (if she were smart enough to do so). This is why this bugs me. Because America isn't voting or the most BEST player, or maybe not even the most popular one, but the one they heard of as "Rachel's sister". Hopefully someone will emerge from this bunch who really impresses America.

And there's still a part of me that thinks the vote is bogus to begin with and the producers manipulate it to their advantage. I thought this last season when "America" voted to let the Coaches play, and I think it's possible they might do this here. At very least, based on things like the spoilers in the last thread, it's possible that the producers can edit each episode to "favor" one person over another or omit important behavioral characteristics that might shine a certain light on a house guest. It's why I don't like "America" involved in the game except for things like what the Have Nots can eat.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #14
hefe
Rebus Philbin

BTW, for those participating in the thread, it's...

Aaryn
Elissa
GinaMarie
McCrae
Kaitlin

Just a little help on the non-obvious ones.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #15
stellie93

The girl trying to ally herself with McCrae seems somewhat smart.

It looks like McCrae has that long hair so he has something to pull and chew on when he's nervous, which he has been ever since he entered his HoH room. And he can't keep his mouth shut for 2 seconds.

If the MVP's nominee is vetoed, does he/she get to pick the replacement or the HoH?

I see no reason to EVER for any reason tell ANYONE that you are MVP. Not sure that any of these people can keep their mouths shut though.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #16
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
The girl trying to ally herself with McCrae seems somewhat smart.

It looks like McCrae has that long hair so he has something to pull and chew on when he's nervous, which he has been ever since he entered his HoH room. And he can't keep his mouth shut for 2 seconds.

If the MVP's nominee is vetoed, does he/she get to pick the replacement or the HoH?

I see no reason to EVER for any reason tell ANYONE that you are MVP. Not sure that any of these people can keep their mouths shut though.
Yes, the MVP gets to replace their nom if their nom gets vetoed.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #17
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
Yes, the MVP gets to replace their nom if their nom gets vetoed.
That's how I heard it too. So, they adjourn the veto ceremony, everyone gets a diary room session, then reconvene to announce the choice? Curious how that works.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #18
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
That's how I heard it too. So, they adjourn the veto ceremony, everyone gets a diary room session, then reconvene to announce the choice? Curious how that works.
Me too!