TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
lrott

Comskip GUI very slow

Recently my XP computer crashed. kmttg was running great. I did a fresh install of XP, but I could not get the Comskip GUI review to operate like before. I could click the mouse on a different location and the display would immediately refresh. I could use the arrow keys to move frame by frame. Now it may take ten seconds to over five minutes to refresh. Arrow keys are now useless. Upgraded to Windows 8, no better. I am using the latest version of kmttg --"b". I have check "use JAVA" and "use comskip GUI" for review. What am I missing?
lrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
moyekj

Don't know. Perhaps before you were using a different/older version of comskip and now you're using a newer one? Perhaps visit http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/ and try different versions to see if there is one that works better?
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
lrott

I have tried older versions. No success. I am going to see if I can try a different video card. I may be having video problem. Also will try on a different computer, again!!! Am using default setting for comskip configuration. Maybe needed to change something there???
Old 07-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Don't know. Perhaps before you were using a different/older version of comskip and now you're using a newer one? Perhaps visit http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/ and try different versions to see if there is one that works better?
Which version do you use? I have the latest KMTTG, but my Comskip is 80.031
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
lrott

Hmmmm. How do I find which version of Comskip I have?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
moyekj

I'm using the one packaged with kmttg: Comskip 0.81.051

Since I have VideoRedo I normally use that for editing, not Comskip GUI, but I just tried out the comskip GUI using above version and seems to be behaving normally to me (on a Windows Vista laptop).

To find the comskip version open a "cmd" window and go to the comskip folder containing comskip.exe and just type:
comskip
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
lrott

I installed version 80.031 and a great improvement!!!!. Only problem now is the "w" does not save my changes. I will try 0.81.051. You guys have pointed me in the right direction. Thanks a million!. I will post results.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #8
lrott

I have tried v1p0a, v1p0b, v0p9r, v0p9q, with combinations of comskips 80_031, 80_033, 81_040, 81_045, 81_050, 81_051. But pressing <w> after manual editing seems to do nothing. None of the comskip edits are saved. What am I missing?
Old 07-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #9
lrott

bump
Old 07-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
lrott

I knew it was some stupid error. I was putting the edited file in the wrong folder. There were other mistakes too, but I don't know at which point I corrected them, as I was looking at the wrong results. I am now running the latest kmttg (b), and comskip 81_040, with default setting for comskip.ini.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #11
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrott View Post
I knew it was some stupid error. I was putting the edited file in the wrong folder. There were other mistakes too, but I don't know at which point I corrected them, as I was looking at the wrong results. I am now running the latest kmttg (b), and comskip 81_040, with default setting for comskip.ini.
maybe I'll try 0.81.040, 0.81.051 keeps crashing
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote