TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
jradosh
Newlywed

HGTV Star - all season thread w/ spoilers

So they changed the name from "Design Star" to "HGTV Star" and my season pass didn't pick it up. I just started watching... still seems like it's focused on designers, so why the name change?

Anyone watching?

Nothing to add except Vern Yip is getting old. I guess that means I am too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
nirisahn

I want Boris to go home. He's too annoying to watch. I can't imagine watching any show he'd be hosting.

I can't imagine watching the teacher from Brooklyn either, but I love his designs.
nirisahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirisahn View Post
I want Boris to go home. He's too annoying to watch. I can't imagine watching any show he'd be hosting.
Agreed. He's creepy.

Quote:
I can't imagine watching the teacher from Brooklyn either, but I love his designs.
I think I could watch him. Once you get past the look he's actually a pretty good communicator/performer and I like his aesthetic.

Check out
Old 06-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
Fl_Gulfer
Tivo's R Us

I can't believe Boris lasted this long, I think the show is fixed. He should have went the other night.
DirecTV Genie
2 DirecTV HR24 HD DVR
Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
jradosh
Newlywed

For once with these make-over challenges, I wish the judges would go to the families and ask them if they feel the same way as they do. The families gushing over the "newness" of the made-over room serves no point (except to give that warm-fuzzy feeling, but that ends up feeling fake after the judges destroy the rooms in the critique).

Did whatshisname really have time to finish the grout on that tile back splash? It looked like he barely got the tiles up when the time expired. #magicoftv

No complaints with who they sent home, but Boris' "custom wine rack" was ugly and very impractical. That was worthy of a booting too. /shrugs

Check out
Old 07-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
Agreed. He's creepy.
He looks .... diabolical.