TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #5341
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Yes, I would. I tend to mark 1 program at a time lately and Start Job. But I was thinking it would be faster to press a key instead of moving the mouse back and forth.
OK, for next release START JOBS can be activated by pressing s, and CANCEL JOBS by pressing c (without requiring focus on the buttons).

EDIT: Actually had to modify it such that pressing s only works when focus is on NPL table, and pressing c only works when focus in on JOBS table, otherwise those key bindings will interfere with Remote key bindings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 06-29-2013 at 12:09 PM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #5342
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Running v1p0b, I noticed some episode numbers were incorrect:

Code:
This Old House - Essex 2012/13: Liquid Assets
Recorded Sat 06/29/2013 05:00 PM on 9-1=KQEDDT, Duration=30 mins, EpisodeNumber=3319, originalAirDate=2013-02-09
Under v0p9i:

The same program gives the correct episode number.
Code:
Recorded Sat 06/29/2013 05:00 PM on 9-1=KQEDDT, Duration=30 mins, EpisodeNumber=3219
Edit: the new key shortcuts "S" didn't work either. oh well, just a thought.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!

Last edited by ThAbtO : 06-29-2013 at 08:34 PM.
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #5343
moyekj

Quote:
Running v1p0b, I noticed some episode numbers were incorrect:

Code:
Recorded Sat 06/29/2013 05:00 PM on 9-1=KQEDDT, Duration=30 mins, EpisodeNumber=3319, originalAirDate=2013-02-09
Under v0p9i:

The same program gives the correct episode number.
Code:
Recorded Sat 06/29/2013 05:00 PM on 9-1=KQEDDT, Duration=30 mins, EpisodeNumber=3219
That's the difference between local guide listings and HDUI listings from TiVo. If you check HDUI show info it will match what v1p0b is giving you. Switch to SDUI and look at same show info and you will see what you are getting using v0p9i. Most of the time the HDUI listings are more complete/correct so that is what I'm using now.

Quote:
Edit: the new key shortcuts "S" didn't work either. oh well, just a thought.
Huh? I haven't released a version with the "S" and "C" shortcuts yet.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #5344
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
That's the difference between local guide listings and HDUI listings from TiVo. If you check HDUI show info it will match what v1p0b is giving you. Switch to SDUI and look at same show info and you will see what you are getting using v0p9i. Most of the time the HDUI listings are more complete/correct so that is what I'm using now.
I don't have a Premiere.

Quote:
Huh? I haven't released a version with the "S" and "C" shortcuts yet.
I see.

~~~~~

Old 06-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #5345
moyekj

Quote:
I don't have a Premiere.
Then for series 3 kmttg must be configured with your tivo login information and it's getting info middlemind.tivo.com which matches HDUI information for series 4 TiVos.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #5346
christheman

Quote:
Hyrax, there's really nothing you can do about partial transfers for Premieres anymore. The problem is on TiVo http server side for recordings with certain "glitches" in them, so whatever software you use to transfer will have same problem. It used to be with kmttg you could use "Resume Downloads" option to so you could skip past the "glitch" and set a pause point and then download from pause point. But 20.3.1 software update for Premieres broke that capability, so now there's no good workaround I know of short of recording the show again on the TiVo.

If you have more than 1 TiVo in the house then you can play games such as skipping past the problem point and using MRV resume to transfer to another TiVo, then download that partial recording via kmttg. However if you only have 1 TiVo then you are basically SOL.
Okay, I'll bite. So far I have only been using one Tivo Premiere (in recent times - before that it was an S2 for about six years). I do actually have a second Premiere, a refurb, which is still sitting around in the box it came in. I got that as a replacement when I first noticed the problem with partial downloads and mistakenly thought my Premiere was on its way out. To simplify things, I just kept my original after I learned about the partial download issue and that my unit was ok - and since my warranty period was up in a couple months anyway.

Since I actually do have two Premieres, how would this MRV Resume work? Can someone point me to another thread? Could I use MRV Resume and then do a KMTTG transfer from one unit or the other without Tivo service for the second unit?

I am thinking about only connecting this second unit when I absolutely need it for this process, in order to preserve it as a back up unit in case the original actually does fail for any reason.

Last edited by christheman : 06-30-2013 at 09:06 AM.
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #5347
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by christheman View Post
Since I actually do have two Premieres, how would this MRV Resume work? Can someone point me to another thread? Could I use MRV Resume and then do a KMTTG transfer from one unit or the other without Tivo service for the second unit?
An unsubscribed TiVo is pretty much useless and definitely won't work for this purpose.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #5348
christheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
An unsubscribed TiVo is pretty much useless and definitely won't work for this purpose.
#1) Ok, so let's say I add my second Tivo to my service plan. Before I dump any extra money into this, has anyone ever actually tried this for the single purpose of extracting corrupted video that the Tivo is unable to send out over the TTG mechanism? Is it likely to work? Not sure what it might cost to add my second DVR to the plan. This is beginning to sound like it could be a money pit. It could also be a gamble, if it isn't likely to work.

#2, #3) Other options might include obtaining a DVD-R recorder or a PC with the necessary hardware to do a "video transfer" from the the AV outputs of the Tivo. I could transfer the first part up to the first break point with KMTTG, then the rest with the DVD-RWs or PC. Again, a different type of money pit. Probably around $200 or $100 respectively.

#4) The cheapest option would be to just wait around till it airs again, which could be a while.

That being said, I would probably use #1 for every incident, whereas I would use #2, or #3 in conjunction with #4 depending on priority and frequency of airings.

Last edited by christheman : 06-30-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #5349
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
#1) Ok, so let's say I add my second Tivo to my service plan. Before I dump any extra money into this, has anyone ever actually tried this for the single purpose of extracting corrupted video that the Tivo is unable to send out over the TTG mechanism? Is it likely to work? Not sure what it might cost to add my second DVR to the plan. This is beginning to sound like it could be a money pit. It could also be a gamble, if it isn't likely to work.
Another premiere with a monthly is 12.99 onto your tivo.com account. Not sure of whether there is a year commitment or not.

Quote:
#2, #3) Other options might include obtaining a DVD-R recorder or a PC with the necessary hardware to do a "video transfer" from the the AV outputs of the Tivo. I could transfer the first part up to the first break point with KMTTG, then the rest with the DVD-RWs or PC. Again, a different type of money pit. Probably around $200 or $100 respectively.
You would lose picture quality using the composite (yellow/white/red audio) outputs, or S-Video. Plus, the picture would get a black picture frame around any of the HD video shrinking it down.

~~~~~

Old 06-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #5350
christheman

Thanks for confirming that I would need to add the second box to my service agreement in order to do this.

Also, thanks for the price. It looks like I won't be adding the second box, as that would double my grandfathered price that I pay.

I guess I am lucky in that regard as I use SD at the highest Tivo resolution for recording. That gives me 720x480 standard DVD resolution, which actually exceeds the quality and resolution of some classic movies I also have on store-bought DVD.

But it would probably be a nightmare to combine different resolutions and aspect ratios onto one movie. Sort of reminds me of the remastered version of Metropolis called "The Complete Metropolis," where previously "lost" footage was discovered in 16mm safety film format and spliced into the original 35mm footage to finally complete the movie. Only 70 years later.

An interesting sidenote worth mentioning: Upon receiving my first Tivo Premiere, I was dismayed to notice that the S-Video connector had been discontinued and only the composite video and audio outputs remained. On a positive note, I was happy when I discovered that the quality of the composite video output on the Premiere is highly improved over the one they implemented on the Series 2 DT, thus almost voiding the need for an S-Video output in the first place. Kind of hard to believe...

Well, I will probably be going shopping for a DVD recorder and just use DVD-RWs to complete my partial downloads.

Last edited by christheman : 06-30-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #5351
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

If it was a Series 3 or earlier model Tivo, the secondary subscription rate is 9.95.

~~~~~

Old 06-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #5352
lpwcomp

I assume that you do all of your recording from analog channels since that is only time in which you control the quality of the recording on a Premiere.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #5353
christheman

Quote:
If it was a Series 3 or earlier model Tivo, the secondary subscription rate is 9.95.
I have been reading about those on this board, and that might be yet another option. It might sound ridiculous to some, but I could actually replace my existing Premiere with one of those and probably pay the same price for service that I am paying now.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #5354
christheman

Quote:
I assume that you do all of your recording from analog channels since that is only time in which you control the quality of the recording on a Premiere.
Yes. Less work on my end since I don't need to downconvert for it to fit onto DVD. Also I don't have to deal with any of the issues associated with digital cable cards. The video resolution is a non-issue for me since the bulk of my collection is old, often unrestored films.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:48 AM   #5355
lpwcomp

Quote:
Yes. Less work on my end since I don't need to downconvert for it to fit onto DVD. Also I don't have to deal with any of the issues associated with digital cable cards. The video resolution is a non-issue for me since the bulk of my collection is old, often unrestored films.
What will you do if (more likely when) your cable company converts to all digital?

One option that hasn't been mentioned: buy a Series 2 with lifetime service and use it for your middleman.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:21 AM   #5356
mattack

"Update tools" installs the PPC tivodecode on a Mac, thus 'breaking' kmttg in the process.

I remembered having to manually download the intel version previously, so found the download link (though it's kind of hidden, not in the main 'installation on Mac' page IIRC).

Is there some reason you can't have a fat version of tivodecode? or even if necessary, download either the ppc or intel version? (Does tivodecode even run on PPC machines?)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:47 AM   #5357
christheman

Quote:
What will you do if (more likely when) your cable company converts to all digital?
I guess I'll figure that out when I need to, as the solutions might change. The quick and dirty for now: If the HD MPEG2 can successfully be compressed to SD and fit on DVD without losing too much, fine. That is exactly what I am doing now with SD MPEGs. Two hours is a rough dividing line for me between SL and DL DVDs for SD material. I try not to compress files much larger than 5.5GB to fit a SL DVD. Otherwise it goes onto a DVD-R DL with ImgBurn. Big emphasis on using ImgBurn for DL DVDs. Given that and my viewing habits, I mostly use SL DVDs.

I have an Adobe program sitting around somewhere that can convert from MPEG to Blu-Ray format, so I could potentially make HD BD-R's if necessary. But due to simple economics and my viewing habits I actually prefer to work with SD.

Biggest thing for me though would be to buy a next generation PC with copious amounts of processor power for the increased workload that would come with working on HD files.

But it probably wouldn't hurt for me to get a cable card NOW just to get it all sussed out before the day they decide to shut the analog down.

Quote:
One option that hasn't been mentioned: buy a Series 2 with lifetime service and use it for your middleman.
This is for the second DVR to help recover corrupted programs, right?
Old 07-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #5358
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
"Update tools" installs the PPC tivodecode on a Mac, thus 'breaking' kmttg in the process.

I remembered having to manually download the intel version previously, so found the download link (though it's kind of hidden, not in the main 'installation on Mac' page IIRC).

Is there some reason you can't have a fat version of tivodecode? or even if necessary, download either the ppc or intel version? (Does tivodecode even run on PPC machines?)
I don't have a Mac to test on so it's difficult for me to keep that package up to date since I do so blindly. I updated kmttg_MacOSX_tools_v0p8l.zip to use Intel binaries by default for tivodecode. There's also PPC version included in the package for those that need it, and I updated instructions in the Mac installation Wiki about using the PPC version. If you have a chance please try updating tools package again from kmttg to see if it works?

Old 07-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #5359
lpwcomp

Quote:
This is for the second DVR to help recover corrupted programs, right?
Yes, but it would only work for SD recordings, which is what I thought all of yours were. Are you also recording OTA? Or from clear QAM?

Old 07-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #5360
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
(Does tivodecode even run on PPC machines?)
Yes.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #5361
mattack

oops, I actually meant *does kmttg* even run/work successfully on ppc machines nowadays.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #5362
glaviolette

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I had *no* idea that adding my tivo.com login information would provide more accurate programming information (For my old Tivo HD). I just happened to be (finally) trying out the Remote Control functions (I initially hadn't as I thought I had read it was limited) and then afterwards I noticed the data was WAY more accurate.

Maybe add a little note to the docs on file naming?

http://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/File_Naming/

Just my $.02.

Otherwise all is working wonderfully! Thanks for your time for all the work!

-g
glaviolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #5363
moyekj

Quote:
oops, I actually meant *does kmttg* even run/work successfully on ppc machines nowadays.
It should. I keep kmttg compatible with Java 5 (1.5) intentionally to support the older Macs.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #5364
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaviolette View Post
Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I had *no* idea that adding my tivo.com login information would provide more accurate programming information (For my old Tivo HD). I just happened to be (finally) trying out the Remote Control functions (I initially hadn't as I thought I had read it was limited) and then afterwards I noticed the data was WAY more accurate.

Maybe add a little note to the docs on file naming?

http://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/File_Naming/

Just my $.02.

Otherwise all is working wonderfully! Thanks for your time for all the work!

-g
I added a note at the top of that Wiki page about it.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #5365
glaviolette

Quote:
I added a note at the top of that Wiki page about it.
Thanks!
glaviolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #5366
christheman

Quote:
Yes, but it would only work for SD recordings, which is what I thought all of yours were. Are you also recording OTA? Or from clear QAM?
I just record from SD cable movie channels in analog so far. Otherwise I don't know what it is you are asking.

Last edited by christheman : 07-02-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #5367
Hcour

I have a 1TB hd in my Tivo, but iirc it doesn't actually use the whole 1TB. What is the correct space amount I should enter into the "Disk Usage" "Total Disk Space"? Thanks.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #5368
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
I have a 1TB hd in my Tivo, but iirc it doesn't actually use the whole 1TB. What is the correct space amount I should enter into the "Disk Usage" "Total Disk Space"? Thanks.
It generally depends on what model Tivo and the model hard drive, but I was experimenting with my Tivo HD with a 1 TB. It came to about 910GB, totally filled to the maximum.

~~~~~

Old 07-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #5369
lpwcomp

Quote:
I just record from SD cable movie channels in analog so far. Otherwise I don't know what it is you are asking.
I was confused by your mention of "HD recordings" but I guess you were talking about what you could do in the future.

Be aware that if you install a cable card, you might lose access to the analog channels. You would probably still be able to record from the SD digital channels and the recordings would be smaller than if they were recorded from the HD channels but you would have no control over the quality.

When I am recording an old movie, I use the SD version of the channel as opposed to the HD but the recording is still larger than the same recording made from an analog source at basic quality.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #5370
Soapm

Was working fine and it still works fine on my Tivo Premier but my TivoHD reboots every time I try to pull the now playing list. Any thoughts where to start looking for the problem? I upgraded to kmttg_v1p0b.zip but no luck, still reboots at 384/1566. So it pulls three times then reboots...

This is the kernel log...

Code:
Jul  4 23:00:01 (none) kernel: /tvbin/podapp: Version 3! (ecmPid=0x010F) 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: Illegal read at 5e958000 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: do_page_fault #2: sending signal 11 to swedishChef(336) 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: $0 : 00000000 801b0000 00000000 5e957ffe 5e94f620 000089de 000081fc 7f4ff308 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: $8 : 00000000 0000b792 00000001 000000b5 5e0cbf90 7fa7f658 00000000 0270c000 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: $16: 7f4ff318 7f4ff308 5e0ee2b8 00000003 00000000 00000000 7f4ff3f0 00000000 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: $24: 00000000 00445bbc                   04aeaac0 7f4ff298 7f4ff378 00ed11d4 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: Hi : 00000000 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: Lo : 00000000 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: epc  : 00ed15c4    Tainted: P  
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: Status: 80008413 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: Cause : 00800008 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:        800e12f0 800e130c 800e57b4 800e5b08 800e745c  
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:        00ed15c4 00ed11d4 00ecf780 00e7edc4 004bdabc 00e7cd04 04a2d898 0045e69c 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:        0125d50c 04a310cc 00440c80 01267548 04a310cc 04a30f38 04a788b8 04a2d898 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:        04a305cc 04a2cf90 04a2bca0 04a2e4c8 04a3bdac 04a3bcb0 04a3bb60 04a3ad34 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:        
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: Tmk Fatal Error: Activity TvVideoGutsActivity <336> strayed! 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: pc 0xed15c4 status 0x80008413 cause 0x800008 bva 00000000 hi 00000000 lo 00000000 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: R00 0x00000000  R01 0x801b0000  R02 0x00000000  R03 0x5e957ffe   
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: R04 0x5e94f620  R05 0x000089de  R06 0x000081fc  R07 0x7f4ff308   
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: R08 0x00000000  R09 0x0000b792  R10 0x00000001  R11 0x000000b5   
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: R12 0x5e0cbf90  R13 0x7fa7f658  R14 0x00000000  R15 0x0270c000   
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: R16 0x7f4ff318  R17 0x7f4ff308  R18 0x5e0ee2b8  R19 0x00000003   
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: R20 0x00000000  R21 0x00000000  R22 0x7f4ff3f0  R23 0x00000000   
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: R24 0x00000000  R25 0x00445bbc  R26 0x00000000  R27 0x00000000   
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: R28 0x04aeaac0  R29 0x7f4ff298  R30 0x7f4ff378  R31 0x00ed11d4   
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: Paste the following into a shell to get a backtrace... 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: bt -t /tvbin/tivoapp <<END_OF_BT 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   tcd 1 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   hpk Gen06 
Jul  4 23:03:2
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   build b-11-0-mr @443357 2011.01.05-1632 release-mips [] 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   pack 11.0k-01-2 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x00400000 /tvbin/tivoapp 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x04000000 /lib/libc.so.6 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x04200000 /lib/libm.so.6 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x04400000 /lib/libpthread.so.0 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x04600000 /lib/libutil.so.1 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x04800000 /lib/libtvutil.so 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x04a00000 /lib/libtmk.so 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x04c00000 /lib/libtvstructures.so 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x2aaa8000 /lib/ld.so.1 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x2ab08000 /platform/lib/libmp3dec.so 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x2ab58000 /platform/lib/libcdsassetsentinelasf.so 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x2aba0000 /platform/lib/libmomcds.so 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x2abe8000 /platform/lib/libmomasf.so 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x2ac38000 /platform/lib/libhpkhl.so 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x2ad18000 /lib/libhpkoss.so 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x2ad68000 /platform/lib/libhpkll.so 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x2adb0000 /lib/librt.so.1 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   read 0x2ae08000 /lib/libdl.so.2 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   0x00ed15c4 0x00ed11d4 0x00ecf780 0x00e7edc4 0x004bdabc 0x00e7cd04 0x04a2d898  
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   0x0045e69c 0x0125d50c 0x04a310cc 0x00440c80 0x01267548 0x04a310cc 0x04a30f38  
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   0x04a788b8 0x04a2d898 0x04a305cc 0x04a2cf90 0x04a2bca0 0x04a2e4c8 0x04a3bdac  
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel:   0x04a3bcb0 0x04a3bb60 0x04a3ad34  
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: END_OF_BT 
Jul  4 23:03:23 (none) kernel: Tmk Fatal Error: Activity TvVideoGutsActivity <336>: unexpected signal 11 
Jan  1 18:00:31 (none) kernel: klogd 1.3-3, log source = /proc/kmsg started.
Jan  1 18:00:31 (none) kernel: CPU revision is: 00020000

Last edited by Soapm : 07-05-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote