TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
abbydancer

Getting the right channel lineup (Tivo S3)

Hello,

I've searched the forums but couldn't find exactly what I needed. Apologies if my search wasn't good enough.

So, a couple weeks ago my S3 wouldn't stay up. We sent it to Weaknees, and they did some sort of software reset, (wiping the disks :-( ) and now it stays up fine.

Since this whole process took a couple of weeks, I had no guide data. I did a call, and while the status was success, there was still no program data. Support from Tivo said the unit was still broken, since it wasn't holding data, and Weakness says it takes up to 24 hours to load, but I should still see program info starting to populate.

Hours and few calls later, still no data. My husband suggested maybe trying to update the sw, and there I found what was the issue. I had no channels selected.

I went through guided setup, and that's where my question comes. My cable provider is Comcast in Mountain View, Ca. Comcast wasn't a choice. The choices were Att Uverse and one other choice that listed some I've never heard of. After playing around for a while, I figured out how to make it figure it (question was is Fox on 2? yes).

It's now about 80% correct. There are however some channel differences - for example Bravo and a local are switched.

Anyone have any idea how to correct this? I asked Tivo support why it didn't have the right channels, and she said try a nearby zip code. Huh?

thanks so much!
abbydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
bshrock

Have you tried the zip code where the Comcast office is located?
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I do not think you have a Series 3, can you see what the label on the back, next to the fan opening says following "TCD"

The reason I do not think that is a Series 3 is because Series 3 does not support ATT U-Verse.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
abbydancer

Thanks. It's a TIVO HD, and I'm pretty sure it's a series 3. (It matches the series 3 picture on the website) We don't have Uverse, we have comcast.

The choices were Uverse, some fiber object and something else I've never heard of.

I asked comcast support for zip codes with the same line up. She gave me a bunch. I also contacted Tivo online chat, and he basically told me to go to guided setup and enter the correct zip code, since his notes said my zip has comcast. When I told him I did use my correct zip code, he pasted in the exact same instructions, and told me I was lying (my words, but that was the gist). I then called Tivo support, and the rep there gave me a nearby zip code with roughly the same. I'm seeing some channels on my tivo that the comcast line up for me doesn't have, but all the ones comcast is showing are the same.

Thanks. I did ask him to file some kind of bug, because I don't know why we didn't see comcast, but I think I'm set.

I appreciate the suggestions.
abbydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbydancer View Post
I'm seeing some channels on my tivo that the comcast line up for me doesn't have, but all the ones comcast is showing are the same.
That's how it's done. Your Tivo will show all channels that Comcast has regardless of which ones you subscribe to.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbydancer View Post
Thanks. It's a TIVO HD, and I'm pretty sure it's a series 3. (It matches the series 3 picture on the website) We don't have Uverse, we have comcast.

The choices were Uverse, some fiber object and something else I've never heard of.

I asked comcast support for zip codes with the same line up. She gave me a bunch. I also contacted Tivo online chat, and he basically told me to go to guided setup and enter the correct zip code, since his notes said my zip has comcast. When I told him I did use my correct zip code, he pasted in the exact same instructions, and told me I was lying (my words, but that was the gist). I then called Tivo support, and the rep there gave me a nearby zip code with roughly the same. I'm seeing some channels on my tivo that the comcast line up for me doesn't have, but all the ones comcast is showing are the same.

Thanks. I did ask him to file some kind of bug, because I don't know why we didn't see comcast, but I think I'm set.

I appreciate the suggestions.
Tivo HD is also a Series 3 and it also should not be listing U-Verse.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #7
smithken31100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I do not think you have a Series 3, can you see what the label on the back, next to the fan opening says following "TCD"

The reason I do not think that is a Series 3 is because Series 3 does not support ATT U-Verse.
My Premiere 4 will let me choose Uverse even though it doesn't support Uverse.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #8
dlfl
Cranky old novice

The easy way to see what TiVo lineups are available for different zip codes is to go to zap2it.com. TiVo gets its lineups from zap2it.com. You enter a zip code then see a selection of lineups. Check out the ones that are Comcast for the selected zip code (if any). When you find a lineup you think is correct for your cable service, do Guided Setup on the TiVo and enter that zip code. The lineup you like should appear among the choices.

This is obviously easier than the tedious process of trying different zip codes in Guided Setup.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote