andyw715

Big Brother 15 - 6.26.2013

Not in HD.

Thats all I got so far.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
hairyblue
A good Man

Yea, what's up with that. HD is not a new concept. It's now the standard. Come on Big Brother I have an HD TV for a reason.

On to the show. I can say I Hate the surfer dude and his hair. And the girl who thinks she is so pretty that all the other females will come after her.

I do like Spencer, he's nice to look at and seems to have some game play and smarts about him.

I'm very surprised at the pizza boy. He seems very likable and smart. I'd keep an eye on him as a major player.

I went to vote at the website and people can vote 10 times a day? Why not just once? Make someone that wants to vote 10 times, work for it.

Oh, and Rachel's sister is doomed unless she is nothing like Rachel....I.E. Likeable!

Own 2 Tivo Premieres. OTA
Fired DTV for expensive rates on Sept. 2012
hairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I liked it other than not being in HD. That was disappointing. The twist is a pretty good one and should be interesting to watch as the season goes on, and really should mess with the balance of teams.

And I agree about Rachel's sister. I didn't think she looked much like Rachel in the pre-show pictures but watching she really does. She'll likely be targeted quickly. But who knows, things change so easily in the house.

Also thought it was funny that so many people didn't believe the pizza delivery guy was telling his real profession.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
Ment

I want to mess with Texas so bad...
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I can't get past this not being in HD. I'm trying to think, is there any other prime time show other than BB on the major networks that isn't in HD? Heck, we all have HD cameras in our pocket, I can't see how it's not in HD.

Anyway, I will reserve judgement on the houseguests yet. I generally change my mind on people at least once during the season. I like the 3 houseguest twist, and iffy on the MVP thing. I hate that it might come down to a viewer vote. The houseguests end up playing to the camera.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Shaunnick

Surfer dude. So, yeah.

A whole lot of eye candy this year. I can't complain about that.

I like McCray. So far anyway. Even though he won HOH I voted for him in the MVP thing. Since I know nothing about any of the rest, and I feel sorry for the guy since people have already walked out of the room on him I tossed him my pity vote. He might be the Ian/Eric this season.

Lots eye candy. I like that.

The twist is something I can tolerate. I like the dynamic 3 nominees can bring and I hope it leads to less predictable house votes.

Whole new cast (kind of). Big plus.

All in all I am excited about this season without having to find a reason to be excited. Looking forward to Sunday.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
jjd_87

Still not it HD. That made me debate turning it off right away but it fell back into familiar old Big Brother and I got over it. I don't get it though. I've thought they kept from going to HD because the show was on the verge of being cancelled. But I've thought that for the last few years now. Who knows.

The interview pieces where they introduced the houseguest seen to give me more ****** chills that normal.
jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #8
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

I posted on their Facebook page my disdain about not being in HD. It almost makes me want to not watch.

I hope Rachel's sis last a lot longer, but when they showed her without makeup, how can you NOT recognize her.

I like the 3rd nom. Makes people even more nervous.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #9
late for dinner
Past Expiration Date

It's not in HD?, didn't even notice
Old 06-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #10
andyw715

Top 4 I'd like to see gone, sooner than later.
Surfer Dude
Staten Island Chick
Rachel's Sister
Whomever gets BBMVP
Old 06-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #11
WhiskeyTango

Anyone else notice it's not in HD? Seriously get over it. It's been mentioned a thousand times, we get the point. Talk about beating a dead horse. Geez...

As for the show itself, Ginamarie and Regan Jr. need to go ASAP.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #12
SoBelle0
What's next?

I kind of liked surfer dude. In his diary bit he showed a little more personality, beyond just "duh" surfer dude - and I thought he seemed very like-able. I also like McRae and Spencer - and one of the brunette women. I'm not sure which one, though.

Not the one who thinks she's so much prettier than everyone else. AND - she said it out loud in the room with those guys. What?! Who does that?

I was glad to meet a whole new group. So glad they quickly could tell Rachel's sister. Even though each person thought they were the only one to notice. That's always funny. She looks and sounds EXACTLY like her sister. Hopefully she'll be less annoying.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #13
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0 View Post
...and one of the brunette women. I'm not sure which one, though.

Not the one who thinks she's so much prettier than everyone else. AND - she said it out loud in the room with those guys. What?! Who does that?
If the brunette you mean is the bartender chick from Minnesota, then that is Kaitlyn. I think she is very likable.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #14
RichardHead
Musical Klutz

I'm not so upset the show isn't HD (well, yes I am) but I'll never understand why it's broadcast in 4:3 format rather than 16:9! In this day and age it's unforgivable.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #15
tonestert

Funny thing is when I pressed the info button on my Tivo is shows it being in HD at 1080i.
This has to be the only broadcast show not in HD.
It takes me a while to figure who to like. Is anyone 30 or over ? I think this is the 1st season without someone in their 40's.
tonestert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #16
Shaunnick

Helen is in late 30's. I think she is the oldest one in the house.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #17
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

I don't think surfer dude would bother me so much if he would get rid of that ridiculous hair-do he's sportin'. That hair almost makes Donald Trump's do look good!
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
andyw715

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonestert View Post
Funny thing is when I pressed the info button on my Tivo is shows it being in HD at 1080i.
This has to be the only broadcast show not in HD.
It takes me a while to figure who to like. Is anyone 30 or over ? I think this is the 1st season without someone in their 40's.
One of the women (mother) is 37.

As far as the HD thing you mention, its probably broadcast on the HD channel, but the content isn't HD. That's why you see it listed as 1080i. The local channel isn't going to drop back to SD for SD content (that might not even be possible, and of course unnecessary)
Old 06-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #19
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Seriously, if Surfer Dude plays with his hair anymore, I may have to sneak into the house and shave him! He clearly is in love with his hair.

They handled the twist well. I am fine with America voting for the MVP, and not the 3rd nom. It should really change up how the game is played this year.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #20
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Pageant blonde lady must go. She is SO annoying.

The "no have-no" pass was an interesting idea. I liked how they did it with the 50/50 chance in the lunch buckets.

All the mustaches on the wall in the one bedroom was a bit creepy.

Overall, good episode !!
Old 06-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #21
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Seriously, if Surfer Dude plays with his hair anymore, I may have to sneak into the house and shave him!
yeah, don't you know ears perked up in the dr when he talked about his hair getting messed up in the first hoh comp. i suspect they will watch for the perfect opportunity for him to offer up his hair for money or power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne View Post
Pageant blonde lady must go. She is SO annoying.
agreed, listening to her for more than 5 secs gets on my nerves. can you imagine 100 days? please, please vote her out after elissa (i think elissa is gone this week).

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #22
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
How many of these people are from Texas? I thought I counted 3 or 4 during the introductions.

As to the girl who thinks she's prettier than the other girls. Um, no sweetheart, you're no better than maybe 4th in that house.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #23
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
How many of these people are from Texas? I thought I counted 3 or 4 during the introductions.

As to the girl who thinks she's prettier than the other girls. Um, no sweetheart, you're no better than maybe 4th in that house.
Texas and New York seems to have the most. And they probably all live in L.A. now
Old 06-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #24
Shaunnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Texas and New York seems to have the most. And they probably all live in L.A. now
For the next few weeks anyway.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #25
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunnick View Post
For the next few weeks anyway.
I thought of that too!! I've always felt Big Brother was the summer home of out of work actors who are trying to make a name for themselves.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #26
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I thought of that too!! I've always felt Big Brother was the summer home of out of work actors who are trying to make a name for themselves.
Which is what I was thinking about Lifeguard/Surfer dude. He's an actor playing a role, right? Nobody is like that in real life! Well, almost nobody.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #27
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Which is what I was thinking about Lifeguard/Surfer dude. He's an actor playing a role, right? Nobody is like that in real life! Well, almost nobody.
Next to California surfer / lifeguard definition in the dictionary, there's a picture of that dude. He looks SO stereotypical, that I have a hard time believing he's not playing a role as you said.

Same with the blonde girl from Texas. She looks SO much like every beauty pageant contestant from Texas I've ever seen. And GinaMarie is playing the typical Italian New Yawka.

Of course they probably cast those types for the show on purpose.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #28
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I have watched this show from day one, but this season's premier really didn't grab my attention. I suddenly felt old watching these people. Maybe I will care more as it continues. Maybe I would care more if I put down the Kindle and the tablet (playing Simpsons: Tapped Out).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #29
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
I have watched this show from day one, but this season's premier really didn't grab my attention. I suddenly felt old watching these people. Maybe I will care more as it continues. Maybe I would care more if I put down the Kindle and the tablet (playing Simpsons: Tapped Out).
Funny you say that, as I was thinking the same thing. This appears to be a VERY young group. It is starting to feel more like a frat house than what I could remember. The behavior of the houseguests feels more like a group of kids than adults from what I could see. It doesn't help that I think the OLDEST house guest is like 15 years younger than me or more.

And yeah, get off my lawn!!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #30
LlamaLarry

I kind of chuckled when the "older" lady from Falls Church, VA said she didn't want people to know she was in politics... I did an actual eye roll when she said that.
LlamaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote