TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #61
stormtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillevig View Post
Just to put in a plug for a fellow Community member, I think ReplayTV still has one lifetimed 2-channel Premeire for sale at $350. Check the Buy/Sell forum.
I guess I don't have privileges enough - I don't see a buy/sell forum.
stormtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #62
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtech View Post
I guess I don't have privileges enough - I don't see a buy/sell forum.
Look what I'm selling on eBay forum

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...splay.php?f=68

eBay bypass member to member forum

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...splay.php?f=72

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #63
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

TiVo's Netflix app is no selling point

Quote:
how does it work with Netflix?
Don't get too excited about TiVo's Netflix app. Netflix designs a unique interface for each platform it authorizes its service to run on, and TiVo's is substandard.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=491641

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=505510
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #64
javabird

Sorry if slightly OT, but I have a deactivated S2DT I'm no longer using and I want to donate it or recycle it (it doesn't have LT). Is there anything I need to do to it, other than resetting it?
javabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #65
stormtech

Thought I would follow up after my installation Saturday.

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for their help and opinions/suggestions here. The biggest thing was the part of only the 2 tuner model working with analog cable - it would have been such a frustrating experience had I bought a 4 tuner model and trying to figure out why it wasn't working.

Installation went well. I had to call in to activate the new unit as it was a service transfer - so nice to talk with an american who speaks perfect English! After ~2 hours of downloading and loading, all is working great.

One thing that bothers me with the new unit is one of the Season Pass options. I mostly record only new programs - not reruns. When setting that option, I noticed it now says "new" and/or "rerun" instead of "first run" and/or "rerun" Now it is recording almost everything and driving me nuts. I did a search on this, and from what I found this new unit will treat "new" as not being recorded before. I wonder why they did this. When I had my old unit set to "first run only" it behaved quite nicely. From what I read, I guess it will calm down after 30 days. Now in the meantime I have to go in and delete lots of programs, and am getting quite a few conflicts with my Season Passes.

Thanks again everyone - your help is really appreciated!

Edit to add: I now have 2 MoCa adapters and a POE filter that I have no use for. Are these worth anything, or should I just hang on to them in case I might find a later use for them?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #66
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

There's been no change in season pass behavior that I'm aware of, besides the labelling. Bear in mind that some shows are rerun without episode-specific data, in which case the TiVo will record them just to be on the safe side. But this was also true on the Series 2. Also, make sure it's actually set to "New" -- the default is "New and Repeats".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #67
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

The MoCa adopters allow your in house CATV wiring to carry the network data to your TiVo at very high speeds. One gives the TiVo network, while the other connects the CATV tomtour router or your local LAN.

They're much better than wifi gor your TiVo. They have value and the for sale thread here would likely snatch them up if you don't need them.

Quote:
Thought I would follow up after my installation Saturday.

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for their help and opinions/suggestions here. The biggest thing was the part of only the 2 tuner model working with analog cable - it would have been such a frustrating experience had I bought a 4 tuner model and trying to figure out why it wasn't working.

Installation went well. I had to call in to activate the new unit as it was a service transfer - so nice to talk with an american who speaks perfect English! After ~2 hours of downloading and loading, all is working great.

One thing that bothers me with the new unit is one of the Season Pass options. I mostly record only new programs - not reruns. When setting that option, I noticed it now says "new" and/or "rerun" instead of "first run" and/or "rerun" Now it is recording almost everything and driving me nuts. I did a search on this, and from what I found this new unit will treat "new" as not being recorded before. I wonder why they did this. When I had my old unit set to "first run only" it behaved quite nicely. From what I read, I guess it will calm down after 30 days. Now in the meantime I have to go in and delete lots of programs, and am getting quite a few conflicts with my Season Passes.

Thanks again everyone - your help is really appreciated!

Edit to add: I now have 2 MoCa adapters and a POE filter that I have no use for. Are these worth anything, or should I just hang on to them in case I might find a later use for them?

ThreeSoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #68
stormtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSoFar View Post
The MoCa adopters allow your in house CATV wiring to carry the network data to your TiVo at very high speeds. One gives the TiVo network, while the other connects the CATV tomtour router or your local LAN.

They're much better than wifi gor your TiVo. They have value and the for sale thread here would likely snatch them up if you don't need them.
Thanks for the explanation. I only have 1 TV with 1 Tivo unit which is hard wired with ethernet directly to my router. I guess I'll put them up for sale here where someone would hopefully get some use from them.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #69
stormtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
There's been no change in season pass behavior that I'm aware of, besides the labelling. Bear in mind that some shows are rerun without episode-specific data, in which case the TiVo will record them just to be on the safe side. But this was also true on the Series 2. Also, make sure it's actually set to "New" -- the default is "New and Repeats".
Thanks - it's just that it seems to be recording reruns for some shows when I have them set to "new". I'll give it some time to get it sorted.

Like you said - if the Tivo isn't sure, it's better to be safe and record them!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #70
mattack

Unless there's bad guide data, it sounds like you might mean episodes that were new within the past ~2 weeks. Those are still counted as "new" from Tivo's perspective (e.g. a HBO show that's rerun many times within the next week -- it doesn't have to be the EXACT initial airing).

"Bad guide data" meaning you get the generic show info rather than specific episode info. For this, the Tivo can't really do anything but record them all (though one of the million prefs I'd want would be a way to default to off - though I know that would make me miss a show and be POed at some point)

Last edited by mattack : 06-24-2013 at 09:07 PM.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #71
Bigg

How anyone can still be using SDTVs? HD is EVERYWHERE.

And OP, I don't believe that you'd never seen an HDTV. That's pretty much impossible. Every bar or restaurant pretty much has HDTV's these days for sports and stuff, and every Wal-Mart, Best Buy, BJs etc, has at least 20 of them on display, if not way more.

Heck, I had HD content at home well before the cable company upgraded to support a significant amount of it, as online shows in addition to iTunes had it.

But, good to hear you finally got with the times! I'm sure that you noticed even the SD channels are much higher quality now that you are tuning the digital versions, not the analog. And HD is night and day.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #72
stormtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg View Post
How anyone can still be using SDTVs? HD is EVERYWHERE.

And OP, I don't believe that you'd never seen an HDTV. That's pretty much impossible. Every bar or restaurant pretty much has HDTV's these days for sports and stuff, and every Wal-Mart, Best Buy, BJs etc, has at least 20 of them on display, if not way more.

Heck, I had HD content at home well before the cable company upgraded to support a significant amount of it, as online shows in addition to iTunes had it.

But, good to hear you finally got with the times! I'm sure that you noticed even the SD channels are much higher quality now that you are tuning the digital versions, not the analog. And HD is night and day.
I still haven't experienced HD TV. I don't go to any bars or restaurants that have a TV in them, and there are no Best Buy, Bj's, etc within 100 miles of where I live.

But yes, I am enjoying the new TV even though it is an analog signal - I really do see a difference in the picture. Still no digital versions though. I did subscribe to Netflix now with the new Tivo unit, but I don't know if their streaming content is HD or not.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #73
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Being a brand new Tivo, it is going to think everything is "new" because there is no recording history (yet).
As far as the Tivo is concerned, a show must be new if it hasn't recorded it before.
This is only temporary behavior. Once the recording history gets built up and actual new episodes start airing for the season pass, it will go away.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #74
stormtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Being a brand new Tivo, it is going to think everything is "new" because there is no recording history (yet).
As far as the Tivo is concerned, a show must be new if it hasn't recorded it before.
This is only temporary behavior. Once the recording history gets built up and actual new episodes start airing for the season pass, it will go away.
I'm glad to hear that. One part of this that was confusing for me is with my old series 2 unit, the options were listed as "first run" or rerun. Now with the Premier unit, it is listed as "new" and rerun.

I understand exactly what you are saying now, so it should calm down after the first 30 days or so.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #75
Bigg

Quote:
I still haven't experienced HD TV. I don't go to any bars or restaurants that have a TV in them, and there are no Best Buy, Bj's, etc within 100 miles of where I live.

But yes, I am enjoying the new TV even though it is an analog signal - I really do see a difference in the picture. Still no digital versions though. I did subscribe to Netflix now with the new Tivo unit, but I don't know if their streaming content is HD or not.
WHAT?!?!? The farthest distance between Wal-Marts that I can find in NW PA is about 30 miles. and they have like 30+ HDTVs in every store. I just can't believe that. Most places I go now have at least one HDTV, some have many, many more, including a lot of the big chains.

Netflix is HD. I think most of their stuff is 720p, someone correct me if I'm wrong here.
Parents: XFinity Motorola AnyRoom DVR
80 HR Series 2 Lifetime 4/11/04 DEAD as of 11/2010
Bigg is offline   Reply With Quote