TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #31
SoBelle0
What's next?
 
SoBelle0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Decatur, GA
Posts: 5,690
Love that bathroom!!

Are there two pools? I didn't remember the backyard being that deep...
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #32
cwoody222
Registered User
 
cwoody222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 10,999
CBS just announced two "twists" this year.

1) Three HG's - not two - will be nominated for eviction

2) Viewers will be able to vote on a "MVP" each week and that MVP will get some special power/reward

Full details weren't revealed.
__________________
--Chris
cwoody222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #33
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222 View Post
CBS just announced two "twists" this year.

1) Three HG's - not two - will be nominated for eviction

2) Viewers will be able to vote on a "MVP" each week and that MVP will get some special power/reward

Full details weren't revealed.
I'm fine with the first one. That's kind of an interesting twist that should change the game a bit. The second? I'll have to see how that plays out. Not sure I like fans interfering in game play to that extent because usually it turns into a popularity contest and the houseguests will play to the fans and not the game. But we'll see.

Any word on if it's all new players? I'm hoping so.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #34
jr461
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I'm fine with the first one. That's kind of an interesting twist that should change the game a bit. The second? I'll have to see how that plays out. Not sure I like fans interfering in game play to that extent because usually it turns into a popularity contest and the houseguests will play to the fans and not the game. But we'll see.

Any word on if it's all new players? I'm hoping so.
Not sure I like either change but will reserve final judgment until I've seen how it's all handled.

I am not a fan of 3 in the finals of Survivor, but I've gotten used to it. On a weekly basis perhaps it will make for some interesting strategy changes (two pawns, lol).

And I agree, I am not a fan of the viewers having any integral part of the game. Picking the "have not" food or a reward is fine, but I don't like turning it into a popularity contest either.

And please let it be all new players! And HD!!
__________________
--Jeff
jr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #35
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 2,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Any word on if it's all new players? I'm hoping so.
here's a 5 min video of julie touring the new house for et canada:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10...h-julie_travel
there will be all new hg this year, but julie hinted that one "face" would be familiar. maybe from a hoh pic from a previous season, or a relative of another player?

also, julie says that interactive participation will affect the hg voting this year, beginning with the first episode - not just to pick the have not food selection.

sounds interesting so far, we'll see.
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #36
Waldorf
Super Duper Member
 
Waldorf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
there will be all new hg this year, but julie hinted that one "face" would be familiar. maybe from a hoh pic from a previous season, or a relative of another player?
The way she said it made me think it was a former contestant's twin sibling, so which contestants had a twin?

Edit: ah, prevailing theories seem to be Rachel's sister Elissa or Richard Hatch from Survivor. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
__________________
"Waldorf is a Super Duper Guy!" -wannaB

Last edited by Waldorf : 06-19-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Waldorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #37
Ment
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 8,109
No to Hatch, he's had his 15 of fame. If Rachel's sister is a less cray version of her then sure go ahead.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #38
Mike_TV
Tivo li guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Is it confirmed that BB is in HD this season?
The guide shows "HD" for it but I haven't heard for positive that everything will be in HD.
Mike_TV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #39
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_TV View Post
The guide shows "HD" for it but I haven't heard for positive that everything will be in HD.
I'm hopeful. I can't think of one network TV show left that is still in SD. BB might have been the last. To me there's no good reason to have it in SD anymore. Heck, we walk around with HD cameras in our pockets, so it can't be cost anymore. I know someone here mentioned it's a lot harder to edit in HD, is that still true?
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #40
pmyers
Registered User
 
pmyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I'm hopeful. I can't think of one network TV show left that is still in SD. BB might have been the last. To me there's no good reason to have it in SD anymore. Heck, we walk around with HD cameras in our pockets, so it can't be cost anymore. I know someone here mentioned it's a lot harder to edit in HD, is that still true?
The house has been equipped with HD cameras for a least a couple of years because After Dark has been in HD.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #41
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 2,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
The house has been equipped with HD cameras for a least a couple of years because After Dark has been in HD.
after dark on sho2hd in our market has always been in sd, and 4:3 ratio.
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #42
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 5,617
BBAD here was SD also
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #43
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 2,855
according to an ad posted yesterday on cbs.com, the reveal of the new hg will be today, and voting for the mvp starts, too.

from an interview on wfsb cbs 3, julie hints the mvp will have "special powers" announced during the premier, be assigned "dirty work" to be completed in the house, and won't have to reveal they are the mvp (implying that they can if they want).

some additional house pics were posted to the site. can't wait for the hg reveal to see the "familiar face"!
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #44
WhiskeyTango
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,777
http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/cast/
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #45
SoBelle0
What's next?
 
SoBelle0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Decatur, GA
Posts: 5,690
Just got this - too slow, looks kinda different.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gal...eguests-572537
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #46
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,779
I wonder how honest they are being about where they are actually living? Only one in SoCal and that person is in San Diego?

Nice eye candy, and three from the NY area to root for.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #47
SoBelle0
What's next?
 
SoBelle0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Decatur, GA
Posts: 5,690
So, is Elissa Rachel's sister?
Quote:
Her favorite past Big Brother player is Rachel (seasons 12, 13). "I am biased," it says in her official bio. "Rachel is fun, entertaining, plays the game, didn't lie very often to get ahead and she is so hilarious."
It even sounds like Rachel wrote that.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #48
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 2,855
i agree with you, i suspect elissa slater is the "familiar face" - she looks a lot like rachel, and close to a pic supposedly of rachel's sister i viewed on another site.



in her bio she's quoted "Rachel Reilly rocks!!! I am biased.". i thinks that's the hint.

update: she admitted to being rachel's sister in the press interview with jeff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elissaslater.jpg (21.5 KB, 228 views)
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace

Last edited by NorthAlabama : 06-20-2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: update
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #49
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking
 
MauriAnne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,420
Interesting that the oldest is 37. They typically have someone older.
__________________
This space for rent again.
MauriAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #50
Ment
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 8,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriAnne View Post
Interesting that the oldest is 37. They typically have someone older.
She'll probably not give that age to the HGs. She could pull of 20s easily.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #51
pmyers
Registered User
 
pmyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
after dark on sho2hd in our market has always been in sd, and 4:3 ratio.
very strange....on Directv in Phoenix its been in HD from day one.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #52
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules
 
NorthAlabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: rocket city, al
Posts: 2,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
on Directv in Phoenix its been in HD from day one.
we've only had sd for comcast and dtv in our market. isn't sho2hd a national feed?
__________________


The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #53
Ment
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: People's Republic of Boulder
Posts: 8,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
very strange....on Directv in Phoenix its been in HD from day one.
you sure it just wasn't zoomed? It not HD here either.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #54
marksman
ID-10-T
 
marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 16,781
Yeah TVGuide is not in HD on directv. They just upgraded a bunch of the channels from like 220ish to 280ish from SD to HD, but TVGuide network is not one of them. It is still in SD.
marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #55
rahnbo
Registered User
 
rahnbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 724
Noooooo!

'Big Brother': Rachel's sister will be on the show this season:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/06/20/bi...rachel-sister/
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #56
jjd_87
Registered User
 
jjd_87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 478
They cut TV Guide from our cable (Suddenlink) a year or two ago after switching all the channels to digital. Their argument was no one really needed it. I can't say they were wrong.

Last edited by jjd_87 : 06-24-2013 at 06:38 AM.
jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #57
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY
 
martinp13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 10,666
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i agree with you, i suspect elissa slater is the "familiar face" - she looks a lot like rachel, and close to a pic supposedly of rachel's sister i viewed on another site.



in her bio she's quoted "Rachel Reilly rocks!!! I am biased.". i thinks that's the hint.

update: she admitted to being rachel's sister in the press interview with jeff.
She looks more like Erica from Glass House.
__________________
TCF Cruise 3 ... where will we be sailing to next?

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #58
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 34,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahnbo View Post
'Big Brother': Rachel's sister will be on the show this season:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/06/20/bi...rachel-sister/
As long as she doesn't try and be Rachel junior, I'm in. I hope this isn't a replica of the Hantz's of Survivor fame where one Hantz is more obnoxious than the next. Rachel might have been my single least favorite on BB. She was enough to get me to stop watching 2 seasons ago.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #59
pmyers
Registered User
 
pmyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman View Post
Yeah TVGuide is not in HD on directv. They just upgraded a bunch of the channels from like 220ish to 280ish from SD to HD, but TVGuide network is not one of them. It is still in SD.
My quote was taken out of context.

What I was referring to is that After Dark was in HD when it was on SHO2, at least hear in Phx on DirecTV.

As far as I know TVGuide channel is not available in HD in any market on any carrier.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #60
rahnbo
Registered User
 
rahnbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
As long as she doesn't try and be Rachel junior, I'm in. I hope this isn't a replica of the Hantz's of Survivor fame where one Hantz is more obnoxious than the next. Rachel might have been my single least favorite on BB.
Agreed. Guess we'll find out Wednesday.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |