TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #31
atrac

I've already watched this a second time now and love it even more. I have people where I work watching it now too and it's spreading like wild fire there. This show is incredible.

But BBC America's trimming of the last 2 or so minutes of episode 3 is absolutely ridiculous. How you could cut
Spoiler:
the funeral of one of the main characters?
Outrageous!!!
atrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #32
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrac View Post
I've already watched this a second time now and love it even more. I have people where I work watching it now too and it's spreading like wild fire there. This show is incredible.

But BBC America's trimming of the last 2 or so minutes of episode 3 is absolutely ridiculous. How you could cut
Spoiler:
the funeral of one of the main characters?
Outrageous!!!
All I could "Find" in HD for Episode 3 was the BBC America version,

If you have a source for the Original BBC version in HD of Episode 3, send me a PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #33
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
All I could "Find" in HD for Episode 3 was the BBC America version,

If you have a source for the Original BBC version in HD of Episode 3, send me a PM.
Yeah, weeks before it came to BBCA, I was trying to find this show on usenet or bit torrent. I could find the first two episodes, but I never found the third. It was so weird.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #34
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

The 3rd episode was never aired in the UK in HD.

The show was airing on BBC3. Earlier this year (March), the BBC did some re-arranging of which channels would air in HD, and BBC3 is now only SD. The airing of the In the Flesh's third episode happened after the transition of BBC3 to SD.
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #35
spciesla

Is this being re-shown?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #36
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by spciesla View Post
Is this being re-shown?
I don't think so, there is no current schedule.

It is available from Amazon for $7.99 for all 3 Episodes.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D8WI7HK

Not sure which version of Episode 3 you get though.

BBC America is very strange when it come to re-airing certain programming. They re-air some programs many times and other never get repeated. A good example is/was their Wednesday night Dramaville programming that only aired once and the episodes were never repeated later in the week.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 06-21-2013 at 09:54 PM.
CoxInPHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #37
atrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeters View Post
The 3rd episode was never aired in the UK in HD.

The show was airing on BBC3. Earlier this year (March), the BBC did some re-arranging of which channels would air in HD, and BBC3 is now only SD. The airing of the In the Flesh's third episode happened after the transition of BBC3 to SD.
Thanks for that info! I was going mad trying to figure out why there was no HD version from BBC3 "out there."
atrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #38
danterner
Not it!

I just finished watching, and I really enjoyed it. I'm glad it's going to have a Second Rising, so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post

I could have used a little more explanation of who turned and why and how they happened to keep all these zombies alive long enough to discover the cure. Sure, there are usually a few people here and there who keep their loved ones alive, but not that many.
I liked the level of explanation - I don't think there needed to be more than they gave. Basically, those who died in the year before the Rising came back as zombies when the Rising occurred. It was a worldwide phenomenon. Nobody who has died (of natural or other causes) since the day of the Rising has come back, and zombie bites are not infectious.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #39
Agatha Mystery

I just watched this on DirecTV's on demand. I found it interesting. I liked Keiran's transition from shell shocked in the first episode, to becoming a more functioning "person" by the end. His friend Amy obviously had something to do with that. She forced him to get out into the world and become a part of it, rather than living on the fringe. There are many societal parallels that can be made with the characters - social, racial, sexual. I'm looking foward to the 2nd season.

Ric didn't have anyone to help him through. His mother seemed to live in fear of her family, and just didn't have the strength to give Ric a foundation. Keiran's family seemed to give him an accepting home base. Ric had the dad that refused to see him for what and who he was, rather than an image.

As far as the spoiler above, that is shown in the on demand versions. That plus a lot of commercials for a lap pool.
Agatha Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #40
whitson77
Director Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha Mystery View Post
I just watched this on DirecTV's on demand. I found it interesting. I liked Keiran's transition from shell shocked in the first episode, to becoming a more functioning "person" by the end. His friend Amy obviously had something to do with that. She forced him to get out into the world and become a part of it, rather than living on the fringe. There are many societal parallels that can be made with the characters - social, racial, sexual. I'm looking foward to the 2nd season.

Ric didn't have anyone to help him through. His mother seemed to live in fear of her family, and just didn't have the strength to give Ric a foundation. Keiran's family seemed to give him an accepting home base. Ric had the dad that refused to see him for what and who he was, rather than an image.

As far as the spoiler above, that is shown in the on demand versions. That plus a lot of commercials for a lap pool.
I have a free cinema kit, but I never got it to work right.
whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #41
rhuntington3
Howdy!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha Mystery View Post

Was going to ask if DirecTV had this on demand and will have to schedule a recording of it, thanks!

Lady, 8/7/2007.
rhuntington3 is offline   Reply With Quote