TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
NYHeel

Tivo App Network Issue

I've had the Tivo app working well for awhile with a Tivo Stream. Recently I put in an access point to help out with some WiFi dead spots in my house. The problem is that the app thinks I'm not on the same network as my Tivos when my iphone is connected via the access point. And when it thinks I'm not on the same network I can't use the stream functionality in those areas of my house. The app works fine when I'm in the areas of the house that connect to router as opposed to the access point.

My Tivos are connected via wired ethernet (via a wired switch to my router). I have a DIR-655 router and the access point is an Edimax EW-7228APn set in access point mode and is connected via wired ethernet to the router. I'm using the same SSID and the Edimax is obviously set up not to give out IP addresses as it's just in access point mode.

The only thing I can think of is that the router's IP address is 192.168.0.1 and I set the Edimax IP address to 192.168.0.2 since the DHCP on the router is set to give out 192.168.0.100 - 199, so I didn't want to use one of those IPs. But I don't see why that should really matter.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Hmm... you didn't use the WAN port on the Edimax, did you?

Never mind, I see it's sold as a range extender / access point, so it shouldn't even have a WAN port (although I did see it called a "router" in an ad on eBay).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by wmcbrine : 06-20-2013 at 04:50 PM.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
NYHeel

Yeah, I'm using it as an access point and I don't believe it even has a WAN port. It works perfectly fine (well except that it requires more than the occasional reboot to connect to it which is quite annoying) for standard wifi connections. It's just the Tivo app that doesn't think I'm on my home network (or at least the same one as my Tivos).
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:48 AM   #4
hungarianhc

FYI - I have this same darn issue. My TiVo app on my iphone works... I can browse the content, etc, but it thinks that i'm not on my home network - I can't use the remote function. What up with that?
hungarianhc is offline   Reply With Quote