TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #61
ahwman

Quote:
Originally Posted by russmd View Post
I also have exactly this issue on my Premier with Time Warner. Interesting that all worked perfectly for almost 2 years until mid May, 2013, when I stopped getting Suggestions. List only repopulates when TA/USB unplugged, then Suggestions record till the list runs out. Multiple calls, reboots, new TA, updated software - nothing. Why started all of a sudden in May???
TIVO techs keep blaming the cable company but this is happening across multiple companies. It's a TIVO foobar - they need to admit it and FIX IT!
Please pass this onto Margaret@tivo.com. She is actively involved in relaying this issue to engineering. I would also email her your TSN so that they can enable logging in your TiVo to help gather more information.
ahwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #62
russmd

Done. And the address I believe is margret@tivo.com (not Margaret). I saw this in another post somewhere.
russmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #63
ahwman

Quote:
Done. And the address I believe is margret@tivo.com (not Margaret). I saw this in another post somewhere.
You are absolutely correct, please forgive my error and thank you for correcting it.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #64
russmd

Just got this back from Margret. At least they're acknowledging the issue. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for reaching out to me.

We understand the issue, and we believe we have a fix. I expect it in the next software update, but I don't have a release date yet.

Best,
--Margret
Old 06-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #65
ahwman

Big Grin

Quote:
Just got this back from Margret. At least they're acknowledging the issue. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for reaching out to me.

We understand the issue, and we believe we have a fix. I expect it in the next software update, but I don't have a release date yet.

Best,
--Margret
That's exciting! Thank you for sharing. Hopefully soon I can retire the timers on my TA's
Old 06-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #66
MeInDallas

Wow that is exciting news! Hopefully its out soon!
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #67
DaveDFW

I hope this information is accurate. I miss my suggestions. Although which update is she referring to? The latest update which seems to have been put on hold does nothing to address the suggestions failure.
DaveDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #68
russmd

Still waiting, no fix.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #69
MeInDallas

Tivo is not fast at putting fixes out. Hopefully it makes it to us at least by the fall.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #70
monkeydust

Putting the tuning adapter on a timer works fine to fix this issue. Only downside is you can't record on SDV channels during the few hours in the early AM when it is off and you have to acknowledge the TA is connected when you turn your TV on after it is back on. I've been doing this for a few months now and it works fine. Actually, I don't think I've watched one suggestion during the last few months though.
monkeydust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #71
jrtroo
User

Quote:
Still waiting, no fix.
You expected a fix in a week? Really?!?!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #72
russmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
You expected a fix in a week? Really?!?!
Actually, I did! This problem has been complained about for much longer than a week, as evidenced by all of these posts. And it's a software glitch. - has to be some computer jock who can fix it by changing a few 0's to 1's in no time flat.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #73
MeInDallas

You have to factor in the time it takes for Tivo to actually admit its a software issue, and stop blaming the cable company for everything, which can take a really long time. Then they have to monitor boxes, figure out what the issue is, and then start working on a fix. I went thru the "lost channel" issue with them, and it took forever for them to actually admit it was a Tivo problem, then when they figured out what the bug in the software was, they figured out a fix, that helped some people, just not everyone.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #74
DavidStallard

Any update on this issue?
DavidStallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #75
monkeydust

I removed my TA timer that would turn it off at night and I'm back to getting no suggestions. Got annoyed by TA has been connected warning message I'd have to click through each morning.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #76
DavidStallard

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydust View Post
I removed my TA timer that would turn it off at night and I'm back to getting no suggestions. Got annoyed by TA has been connected warning message I'd have to click through each morning.
Is the Tivo fully functional while that warning message is on screen? I've seen it before, but always clear it instantly...not sure if it would prevent some late-night scheduled recordings from happening.
DavidStallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #77
monkeydust

Yeah, as far as I know, the warning message has no impact on recording programs. You just have to clear it before navigating.

I have such a backlog of shows to watch, I figured I really wasn't going to have much need for Suggestions at this time.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #78
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Help us test the fix

Hi,

I'm very sorry for the trouble that some have been experiencing with Tuning Adapters and TiVo Suggestions.

We believe we've fixed the problem, and the fix will be part of our next software update. (This Fall.)

If you'd to see if the fix works for your setup, you can apply to participate in the TiVo Beta Program:

https://fieldtrials.tivo.com/signup/default.html

Once complete the application, please email me (margret@tivo.com) with the subject "Beta Program: TiVo Suggestions" and I'll see if I you qualify to be added to the program.

Note: If you are selected, you will need to complete a non-disclosure agreement, and won't be able to discuss anything about the program or the fix on the forum.
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #79
monkeydust

Thanks for acknowledging the problem and getting a fix ready to test. Will sign up when I get home (having the problem on both my Elite and S3).
Old 10-13-2013, 10:59 PM   #80
MrSinatra

its now October and nothing is fixed.

I won't buy a 6 tuner roamio until it is. pathetic service!
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #81
MeInDallas

See this thread, update signup is now:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...=485471&page=4
Old 10-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #82
mrizzo80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
its now October and nothing is fixed.

I won't buy a 6 tuner roamio until it is. pathetic service!
I had the no-suggestions problem on my Elite (started out of the blue) from April of this year all the way up to when I bought my Roamio Plus in early September.

My Roamio is full of suggestions; so I think this issue is fixed on the codebase the Roamio is running on.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #83
DaveDFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
My Roamio is full of suggestions; so I think this issue is fixed on the codebase the Roamio is running on.
Same here. My Roamio Plus attached to a tuning adapter records suggestions correctly. I gave up on my XL4; maybe it'll get a code fix and maybe it won't. I wasn't willing to wait when the Roamio is so much better.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #84
DaveDFW

Has anyone who experienced the no-suggestions issue with the Premiere line received the fall update?

If so, was the no-suggestions issue fixed?

Since I sold my XL4 I am unable to check for myself. I'm genuinely curious if Tivo followed through on their promise.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #85
MeInDallas

Yes it was fixed for me. It started populating right away after the update. I noticed today though I was down to 2 pages of suggestions, but hoping maybe its just in the process of finding new ones. Has been recording a lot of them over the weekend though
Old 11-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #86
DaveDFW

That's good news for people who held onto their Premieres.