TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32,237
Falling Skie - S3E2 - "Badlands"

I'm surprised there's no thread yet. I thought this was a good episode. So there's another President, the real US President, and they have found out about Tom's little republic. You can pretty much guess, based on the reaction of the captured soldier that they have no deals with the aliens.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
sieglinde
Registered User
 
sieglinde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sebastopol, CA
Posts: 5,350
Yeah, I like this twist
__________________
Science over Superstition
sieglinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY
 
Snappa77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: BOSTON
Posts: 1,104
Annoyed with everyone keeping everything a secret.

The sleepwalking son. The doctor mom with the E*Trade talking baby.

Previous seasons it was the same thing.

Still like the show. Just wish these damm ppl would stop acting like the ppl on LOST and actually communicate once in awhile.

/end rant
__________________
«If U STAND 4 nothing U will FALL 4 everything! ~ I'd rather DIE on my feet than LIVE on my knees!»
1 DVR40- GONE
1 R15- GONE
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
robojerk
Registered User
 
robojerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Huntington Beach CA
Posts: 1,890
Haven't seen the episode yet...

Shouldn't this be episode 3? They ran 2 episodes last week.
__________________
Verizon FIOS + DVR (Los Angeles)
robojerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
fmowry
Registered User
 
fmowry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa77 View Post
Annoyed with everyone keeping everything a secret.

The sleepwalking son. The doctor mom with the E*Trade talking baby.

Previous seasons it was the same thing.

Still like the show. Just wish these damm ppl would stop acting like the ppl on LOST and actually communicate once in awhile.

/end rant
The hoakiness/stupidity is wearing thin on me. I did like this episode better than the first two.

Last edited by fmowry : 06-19-2013 at 12:37 PM.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #6
stark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa77 View Post
The doctor mom with the E*Trade talking baby.
She DID try to tell Tom and the girl. They thought that she was crazy.
stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
Bryanmc
I disgust JediCowboy
 
Bryanmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Richardson, TX 75082
Posts: 38,374
The thing that's bugging me the most is the giant machine that they are building.

Are they *really* working on a project at the Vohm's direction that they know nothing about? It doesn't seem like they have any idea, you'd expect that the Vohm would have told them something about it even if they were lying.
Bryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
Haven't seen the episode yet...

Shouldn't this be episode 3? They ran 2 episodes last week.
Correct, my bad. I had forgotten that they broke the 2 hours into 2 separate eps
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
stark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmc View Post
you'd expect that the Vohm would have told them something about it even if they were lying.
The Vohm told them that the big alien towers created some kind of shield that prevented the Vohm from landing one of their big ships. The gun is supposed to destroy one of the towers and create a gap in the shield.
stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #10
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32,237
I still want to know where the names of the various alien factions came from. I don't remember them from last season (maybe they were there, but I don't recall). And we still have little explanation on what happened over those 6 months that the series jumped.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #11
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 30,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I still want to know where the names of the various alien factions came from. I don't remember them from last season (maybe they were there, but I don't recall). And we still have little explanation on what happened over those 6 months that the series jumped.
It's possible that during those six months, they had a conversation with their new allies during which the names of the various races came up...
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
It's possible that during those six months, they had a conversation with their new allies during which the names of the various races came up...
Oh I'm sure. And that is only how it's translated in English

It just seems weird that they started calling them that. It's like we were in a coma for 6 months and we missed what happened. At least they could have thrown us a bone and given us a movie in January to explain all this
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #13
Bryanmc
I disgust JediCowboy
 
Bryanmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Richardson, TX 75082
Posts: 38,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Oh I'm sure. And that is only how it's translated in English

It just seems weird that they started calling them that. It's like we were in a coma for 6 months and we missed what happened. At least they could have thrown us a bone and given us a movie in January to explain all this
I'm guessing you're not a Mad Men viewer.
Bryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #14
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmc View Post
I'm guessing you're not a Mad Men viewer.
Hahaha.

In the immortal word of Don Draper

"I am"
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #15
aaronw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 372
So, one thing that confounds me is they clearly have enough time in whatever building they're in to put up drywall, tape, and then mud the tape and the drywall screws, but not time enough to paint?
aaronw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #16
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronw View Post
So, one thing that confounds me is they clearly have enough time in whatever building they're in to put up drywall, tape, and then mud the tape and the drywall screws, but not time enough to paint?
Hahaha, I noticed that too. My one thought was, maybe paint isn't available. Maybe the drywall is recovered from wrecked building and so forth.

This needs to be explained and NOW!
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #17
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 30,232
I thought the building was under construction when the invasion hit, and the new dwellers took it "as is." And post-mud but pre-paint is visually the best stage for getting accross "under construction but livable."

If they painted it, it wouldn't look like it had been under construction when the invasion hit.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #18
mrdbdigital
Nano-Bot Advocate
 
mrdbdigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tower Level 12
Posts: 2,258
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronw View Post
So, one thing that confounds me is they clearly have enough time in whatever building they're in to put up drywall, tape, and then mud the tape and the drywall screws, but not time enough to paint?
I was under the impression from last season that this was an unfinished underground mall that the Charleston resistance movement had moved into, which explains the studs, drywall, etc., and why the some of the "bedroom" apartments look like store fronts (with the glass doors, etc.).
mrdbdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #19
Bryanmc
I disgust JediCowboy
 
Bryanmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Richardson, TX 75082
Posts: 38,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Hahaha.

In the immortal word of Don Draper

"I am"
Then this should be old hat to you. Mad Men is almost nothing but the viewer having to fill in the gaps, since each episode is about a month after the previous one.
Bryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #20
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmc View Post
Then this should be old hat to you. Mad Men is almost nothing but the viewer having to fill in the gaps, since each episode is about a month after the previous one.
It's a different kind of pace than this show. Mad Men, moves slow to begin with and usually major plot points are not glossed over that much. Here, the took a big jump and we are left to guess things about where the names of the alien "tribes" came from, and how they became aligned (MAJOR plot point), and how Tom even became President. With Mad Men, I never felt I miss something somewhere. But here, I do. Not that I like the show any more or any less.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #21
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 30,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
It's a different kind of pace than this show. Mad Men, moves slow to begin with and usually major plot points are not glossed over that much. Here, the took a big jump and we are left to guess things about where the names of the alien "tribes" came from, and how they became aligned (MAJOR plot point), and how Tom even became President. With Mad Men, I never felt I miss something somewhere. But here, I do. Not that I like the show any more or any less.
It's strange to me that none of that was obvious to you...
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #22
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
It's strange to me that none of that was obvious to you...
None of what?
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #23
cheesesteak
Meh.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: 15 mins from Philly
Posts: 24,323
I'm still trying to figure out why the Vohm dude answers to "Cochise" and speaks like he's from an old money family.

Seemed odd to me that the "real" Americans would open fire on Tom's American's without asking questions first. I know it was said that they look like collaborators but still...
__________________

Hail Hydra!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #24
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 30,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
It's a different kind of pace than this show. Mad Men, moves slow to begin with and usually major plot points are not glossed over that much. Here, the took a big jump and we are left to guess things about where the names of the alien "tribes" came from, and how they became aligned (MAJOR plot point), and how Tom even became President. With Mad Men, I never felt I miss something somewhere. But here, I do. Not that I like the show any more or any less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
It's strange to me that none of that was obvious to you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
None of what?
Um, the things you talked about? In the post I quoted?
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #25
tivogurl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why the Vohm dude answers to "Cochise" and speaks like he's from an old money family.
The obvious answer is "humans can't pronounce his name, so they gave him a nickname". As for his speech, maybe the person he learned English from spoke like that. If he had learned it in Charleston he should have a Southern accent.
tivogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #26
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Um, the things you talked about? In the post I quoted?
Maybe I'm thick as a brick in my old age, but I'm not sure what should be obvious to me? Do you mean all the events that they never told us about that happened in the time between last season and this? Stuff happened, we have no idea why, and they go on as if we are supposed to know. What was obvious?

Meh, doesn't matter I suppose in the scheme of things. I am liking the show still, and I'm just going with it.
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #27
DouglasPHill
Registered User
 
DouglasPHill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 873
It was the writers way of retooling for the 2nd season. Time will tell if the retool is the kiss of death, (like every other show) or saved the show.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #28
Bryanmc
I disgust JediCowboy
 
Bryanmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Richardson, TX 75082
Posts: 38,374
3rd season.
Bryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #29
fmowry
Registered User
 
fmowry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,258
You guys haven't moved on to the 3rd episode yet. It addresses Cochise as tivogurl mentioned.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #30
robojerk
Registered User
 
robojerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Huntington Beach CA
Posts: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
You guys haven't moved on to the 3rd episode yet. It addresses Cochise as tivogurl mentioned.
I think you mean episode 4. This thread for episode 3 is titled incorrectly, and no one made one for episode 4.

Ep 4 "At All Costs" OAD 6/23/13
Ep 3 "Badlands" OAD 6/16/13
Ep 2 "Collateral Damage" OAD 6/9/13
Ep 1 "On Thin Ice" OAD 6/9/13

This upcoming Sunday is episode 5
__________________
Verizon FIOS + DVR (Los Angeles)
robojerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |