TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #691
pspens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHunter1 View Post
I posted back on May 17 (page 3, post #80) that my Premiere Elite's FF1 (3x playback speed) was working properly every time when I first got v20.3.1 but within a few hours it was back to its old jittery self, playing at muted 1x for a few seconds then a burst of 3x, then 1x again. It's not fixed.
Well, of course this could be channel-related. Back in 2007 or so, I remember only one channel had a problem. Before this update, it seemed all channels were equally affected. Now I watched the US Open all day yesterday and never had a single problem with the FF1 ( I like to use it while these pros are lining up their putts.)
pspens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #692
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The more advanced 30 second scan
I do not know if you are included in this group, but it amazes me that some of the same people who complain about slow response prefer the 30-second scan or FF to the nearly instantaneous skip.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #693
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Exactly why I suggested he change it. On a Premiere, it could refer to either "30-second skip" or the,IMHO, inferior "30-second scan".
When I first got my Premiere I preferred the 30 sec skip but have know grown to like the 30 sec scan better (still use the skip on my Series III units).
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #694
beeman65

Netflix problem after this update. I started a thread on this here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=505510

Tivo is researching the problem and hoping to release a software patch.
beeman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #695
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Exactly why I suggested he change it. On a Premiere, it could refer to either "30-second skip" or the,IMHO, inferior "30-second scan".
OK OK....you've shamed me into being more specific...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:02 AM   #696
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
OK OK....you've shamed me into being more specific...
Quote:
That should be "SPS30S", for Select, Play, Select, 3, 0, Select. -Best used when watching a recording (to avoid the TiVo changing to channel 30, and nuking the change). It's also far easier to do in SDUI mode. I couldn't get it to work any other way, after the previous update came out. You'll know when it does accept it, by the double chime sound that the TiVo will make after the final button press.

You generally only need to re-do this procedure after installing a drive that isn't a clone of one that already has this hidden trick enabled (or you've done a Clear & Delete Everything on a drive that had it already enabled). Otherwise, it just stays active, and most would not notice if an update made it any more difficult to enable, unless they reversed it and then re-enabled it.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #697
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

I want to preface this by saying that I'm not normally this confused - really

Did Tivo add the ability to create SPs on different Tivos with this release (or have I been living under a rock and it's been there for a while?)
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #698
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post

Did Tivo add the ability to create SPs on different Tivos with this release (or have I been living under a rock and it's been there for a while?)
I discovered it after the update before this one, by accident. Before that, I don't think it was possible. The right circumstances have to be in place, as I'm sure you've noticed...
Old 06-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #699
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

Yes, it's a little "hidden", isn't it? Kind of freaked me out, TBH.

Is it discussed anywhere? My search-fu failed me.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #700
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:

Same here. I thought it might have been something for future release, that they forgot to disable in the coding, so I kept quiet. Remember how real inter-Premiere streaming was accidentally released early, then quickly disabled, once people started talking about it (or perhaps due to the ones who were complaining it wasn't working 100% right 100% of the time)?

I guess now that it's been in two releases, it may be safe to critique it and openly discuss it. Feel like explaining it? I don't feel up to it at the moment...
Old 06-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #701
moyekj

Quote:

I've mentioned it in TCF before. Here is my summary of remote TiVo interaction I've posted before.

HDUI My Shows remote browsing
- Play button on remote now works without having to push into program details.
- Recently Deleted folder of remote unit now accessible and functional
- Remote scheduling (setting up season pass on remote unit)
* From My Shows browse another series 4 TiVo
* While still under remote My Shows click on Guide button
* Find a show to record in the guide and then click Select on it
* Here itís important to choose "Season Pass & other options" (not Record this episode)
* Now you should see the name of your remote unit at top left of the screen and when you choose "Record this episode" or "Get a Season Pass" it will record on the remote unit instead of the local one.

- Modifying or deleting remote Season Pass
* From My Shows browse another series 4 TiVo
* Find a recording related to SP or recover it from Recently Deleted
* Select recording and then choose "More options" and the "Modify this Season Pass"
* Now you can change SP options or choose "Cancel this Season Pass"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #702
lpwcomp

You can also schedule an individual recording on the remote TiVo, including whatever is currently "playing" on one of the tuners.

For something that is currently showing, after finding it in the guide, hit "Info" rather than select, select "Season Pass & other options" then "Record this episode". The recording includes what is in the live buffer.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #703
shippy1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Is this only when using HDMI or Optical-out to an AVR? I cannot seem to duplicate this issue.

My AVR is old, (Onkyo TX-SR600), w/ no HDMI inputs, so I use HDMI to HDTV and the TV's Optical-out to the AVR, all I ever see is PCM Audio even when set to Dolby.

I will test w/ the TiVo Optical-out directly to the AVR and see what happens. (EDIT: Could not duplicate with this set-up)
FWIW... HDMI connected to receiver, Dolby selected, FF to catch up to Live TV will produce audio loss but using 30 sec scan to Live TV did not. Tried it on different channels just to be sure.

Also, left the Tivo on all night but shut off my receiver and TV and when I turn them back on, no sound. Had to Instant Replay to get it back.
shippy1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #704
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:

Now I am confused....what's special about creating Season Passes on different TiVos? Do you mean using one TiVo to create SPs on other networked TiVos?

EDIT: Ah, never mind. I now see the above post. I was on the previous page of posts when I posted this....

XL4
Old 06-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #705
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman65 View Post
Netflix problem after this update. I started a thread on this here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=505510

Tivo is researching the problem and hoping to release a software patch.
Too bad we don't know if this patch will fix other issues we've noticed. Of course they'd never clarify and answer that looming question.
JWhites is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:14 AM   #706
JWhites

Anyone heard of any updates or fixes that have been released yet, maybe a 20.3.2 ?
Old 06-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #707
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
Anyone heard of any updates or fixes that have been released yet, maybe a 20.3.2 ?
It seems like they are trying to resolve most of the reported issues on the TiVo brain farm servers, with some success.

I'd only expect a patch-update, if they can't fix, or workaround, enough problems that way.

One can still hope...
Old 06-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #708
tomhorsley

I noticed an interesting thing last night. I was moving some things around so I unplugged the TiVo for about an hour. When I turned it back on and waited for the reboot, it was working perfectly for about 15 minutes, then started to pick random channels again to say no signal or not available on. Maybe the 20.3 update is pushing the cpus harder and making it overheat or something. I should try picking up a block of dry ice and sitting it on top of the TiVo :-).
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #709
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
I should try picking up a block of dry ice and sitting it on top of the TiVo :-).
If you are going to do that, you may as well overclock it, and then you can record/watch programs before they even air!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #710
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Anybody else every ponder requesting that TiVo make it so that the recording, or Live TV, appear in the main screen, and the menu in the video window? I've seen it look like that for a brief moment, here and there, when switching between things, and have thought it would be cool to be able to swap the two around, when desirable.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #711
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
Anybody else every ponder requesting that TiVo make it so that the recording, or Live TV, appear in the main screen, and the menu in the video window? I've seen it look like that for a brief moment, here and there, when switching between things, and have thought it would be cool to be able to swap the two around, when desirable.
I doubt you'd be able to read anything in a window that small...even on my 54 inch plasma, it would be very difficult.

XL4
Old 06-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #712
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I doubt you'd be able to read anything in a window that small...even on my 54 inch plasma, it would be very difficult.
Who needs to read, for basic navigation? I have the menus memorized.

I guess I should have added a scalable window size feature to compliment the other part. Obviously, places like the Program Guide WOULD be difficult to read in the small video window...

I can always count on you to find any flaws that exist, may exist, or could happen to exist, in a parallel universe, when posting.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #713
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
It seems like they are trying to resolve most of the reported issues on the TiVo brain farm servers, with some success.

I'd only expect a patch-update, if they can't fix, or workaround, enough problems that way.

One can still hope...
TiVo brain farm servers? What success? As far as I know according to the website there isn't even a mention of the Spring 2013 update so would that mean it wasn't released to the general public and perhaps a result of the outcry of everyone pointing out the bugs and glitches we're seeing and perhaps a sign of an attempt on their part to fix aforementioned problems?
I mean this technically is the first day of Summer so this can't for all intents and purposes be considered a "Spring Release" anymore.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #714
pspens

Quote:
TiVo brain farm servers? What success? As far as I know according to the website there isn't even a mention of the Spring 2013 update so would that mean it wasn't released to the general public and perhaps a result of the outcry of everyone pointing out the bugs and glitches we're seeing and perhaps a sign of an attempt on their part to fix aforementioned problems?
I mean this technically is the first day of Summer so this can't for all intents and purposes be considered a "Spring Release" anymore.
It has been released. I'm not on the priority list and I got it a little while ago.
pspens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #715
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
I think perhaps TiVo isn't going to attach a climate change to a release anymore. I'm pretty sure they have learned their lesson. I guess it's like TV. Too much "mid-season" stuff and cable filling in the summer gap. Just another label that no longer applies.
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #716
tomsavell

Netflix Stops Responding to Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
I've had some issues with Netflix after the update. I thought hitting the up or left arrow key buttons would take you out of the show you are watching and back out to the main Netflix screen. That hasn't been working for me. The only way I've been able to bail at the end of an episode is to hit the TiVo button, which takes you all the way back out to the TiVo screen. Not a problem if you are done watching, but if you want to watch another episode you are stuck with having to Netflix all over again; which is taking 45 seconds for me these days.

Pause and play buttons also seem a bit strange. They are not always honored; or only honored after a long delay (well beyond the delay we are used to). TiVo is receiving the commands because the light on the box blinks immediately every time.
Netflix has been horribly bad with remote response time since they adopted the Netflix-authored app. But now, it's even worse!!!

It used to be just random response time from 0.5 seconds to 10 seconds delay. Now, it often never responds. I found two fixes to the no-response issue - cycle power to completely reboot, or press the <Live TV> button, wait a random response time up to 10 seconds to get to live TV, then go back to Netflix. It's really bad.
tomsavell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #717
JWhites

Hmm, I came across a picture off of TiVo's website with the file name Quatro back from the January 2012 update, and in the System Info screen Quatro is also mentioned.
Highslide JS

Old 06-23-2013, 04:34 AM   #718
chrispitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsavell View Post
Netflix has been horribly bad with remote response time since they adopted the Netflix-authored app. But now, it's even worse!!!

It used to be just random response time from 0.5 seconds to 10 seconds delay. Now, it often never responds. I found two fixes to the no-response issue - cycle power to completely reboot, or press the <Live TV> button, wait a random response time up to 10 seconds to get to live TV, then go back to Netflix. It's really bad.
Oh, so you like to play the "did-I-pause-let-me-pause-again-crap-now-it's-unpaused" game too!
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #719
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Illustration of the latest transparency bug:

Son of HME Transparency Bug
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:25 AM   #720
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispitude View Post
Oh, so you like to play the "did-I-pause-let-me-pause-again-crap-now-it's-unpaused" game too!
I think I won a bronze medal in that game