TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
h0sti1e17

To Do List Issues

I just got a XL4 and transferred my season pass manager from my old XL to the XL4. The list transferred for the most part (a few said corrupted, I am just going to add those again) and my shows are now set to be recorded. Except for one thing.

Some of my shows say "New" even though they are not, when I go to the guide it doesn't show as new; at first I though the guide had it wrong. This is sort of creating the issue of defeating the purpose of 4 tuners since real new shows are not being recorded because of conflicts. For example, The Voice is recording this evening although it is a repeat from last week. The guide shows it is not new, and I have The Voice set to record only "New". Yet, my To Do List says it is "New". Is there anything I can do? If it is just because the TiVo is new and will go back to normal soon, I will just adjust my To Do List, I was doing that weekly with 2 tuners anyway.

Thanks
h0sti1e17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Corrupt Delete me simply means there's not a showing of the show in the SP on the schedule, ignore them and they will resolve when the show comes back on the air.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
h0sti1e17

Unfortunately I already deleted them, but no big deal, most were shows that are off the air anyway like The Office and whatnot.

Any idea though why shows that are not in the guide as "New" are in my To Do List as "New" even though I have them set up to only record "New" show not repeats?
Old 06-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Your Tivo already is normal and is operating exactly the way you want it to operate, you just don't realize it. The Voice may have been a repeat, but it was a repeat of an episode that aired within the last 28 days and had not yet been recorded, so it was recorded - what your old Tivo recorded isn't relevant. Once you get passed the 28 days on any other programs new episodes, your Tivo will not record what you think is not new.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
h0sti1e17

OK, that makes sense. I will just delete the real repeats. I always thought it went off whether the guide thought it was new or not.

Thanks.