TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #5311
az1097

I'm using v1p0a. When I try to remote schedule a specific show why does it say "RPC error response: 0x30001"?
az1097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #5312
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by az1097 View Post
I'm using v1p0a. When I try to remote schedule a specific show why does it say "RPC error response: 0x30001"?
It will probably fail if you try and schedule same show on TiVo itself as well. How far out is it? If it's 11+ days away it may be an entry that's not unavailable on TiVo local guide listings yet.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #5313
az1097

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
It will probably fail if you try and schedule same show on TiVo itself as well. How far out is it? If it's 11+ days away it may be an entry that's not unavailable on TiVo local guide listings yet.
I did not schedule the same show on the Tivo and using kmttg, I'm able to schedule recordings past that particular one which fails even where there are no other scheduled programs in that time slot.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #5314
moyekj

Quote:
I did not schedule the same show on the Tivo and using kmttg, I'm able to schedule recordings past that particular one which fails even where there are no other scheduled programs in that time slot.
It happens - a discrepancy between RPC listings and local guide listings most likely. If you use the iOS or Android apps to try and schedule same program most likely it wouldn't work either since they use same scheduling mechanism kmttg is using.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #5315
az1097

When I try to get listings for any channel, for the past few hours, I get "RPC error response: The middlemind connection is currently down".
Old 06-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #5316
lpwcomp

Quote:
When I try to get listings for any channel, for the past few hours, I get "RPC error response: The middlemind connection is currently down".
The TiVo servers are down.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #5317
Hyrax

kmttg (and Tivo Desktop) Stop transferring in middle of show

Hello-
I've been using kmttg for over 4 years and it is great. My Tivo is a Premiere XL. I just upgraded my cable plan to include more than basic service, so I've suddenly got a lot more stuff to archive. Unfortunately, I've also started having an occasional problem with only partial recordings transferring from my Tivo via kmttg. What I see is about 1.4 GB of the recording making it across before the transfer just stops. These are recordings from non-premium stations.

For example, there's been a marathon of episodes of a show that I've been recording and transferring from my Tivo to my PC. I've successfully used kmttg to move over 80 episodes of that one show to my PC. However, one episode refused to completely transfer. Hour episodes are about 5 GB, but only a bit over 1 GB or so of that episode was transferred.

From another channel I tried to transfer a movie, but only 1.4 GB of the 10 GB made it. Other movies from this channel transfer just fine.

I've tried every combination of kmttg options I can think of that might help. That includes, Curl and Java downloads, transfer as a transport stream or not, decoding with VRD or tivodecode, and probably other things. I've made sure that the Tivo was not recording anything at the time I was trying to transfer.

I've also tried using the patched version of the most current version of Tivo Desktop. That has never failed me before, but on at least two occasions it acted exactly the same as kmttg.

This is not a huge problem, but it is a vexing one. I'd like to be able to archive complete seasons of a show and watch them as time allows. These partial downloads make that difficult.

I did a quick search of this thread and don't see a solution to my problem. Hopefully, I just described the problem differently and someone knows what I should do to solve it.

Thanks in advance,
Tim
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #5318
moyekj

Hyrax, there's really nothing you can do about partial transfers for Premieres anymore. The problem is on TiVo http server side for recordings with certain "glitches" in them, so whatever software you use to transfer will have same problem. It used to be with kmttg you could use "Resume Downloads" option to so you could skip past the "glitch" and set a pause point and then download from pause point. But 20.3.1 software update for Premieres broke that capability, so now there's no good workaround I know of short of recording the show again on the TiVo.

If you have more than 1 TiVo in the house then you can play games such as skipping past the problem point and using MRV resume to transfer to another TiVo, then download that partial recording via kmttg. However if you only have 1 TiVo then you are basically SOL.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #5319
Hyrax

Thanks for the reply, moyekj.

I used to have a TivoHD, but gave it to a relative who is currently not using it. I'll try to get it back and see what MRV does.

If I were to use the TivoHD instead of the Premiere to record these marathons, would it allow me to use kmttg's resume feature?
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #5320
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
If I were to use the TivoHD instead of the Premiere to record these marathons, would it allow me to use kmttg's resume feature?
Yes, that feature still works for series 3 TiVos (there are no further software updates for series 3 to break anything anymore).

Old 06-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #5321
miricle

I've been using kmttg for quite some time and I just had a few feature requests that I've come up with over the years that would be useful for myself and probably others. Some of these are Win-x64 related, other could be for anyone.

1) I really wish that atomic jobs would be inserted after encoding completes. Right now, atomic jobs get put at the very end of the job queue -- meaning if I'm downloading a bunch of shows, I have about 3/4 of the atomic jobs after ALL processing is complete, meaning my encoded jobs are not ready to put onto something like an iPad until everything is done.
2) Would be nice to be able to have my computer go into standby/power save mode once all jobs are done. Sometimes I run jobs that go late into the night. Would be nice if the computer could go to sleep when kmttg is done.
3) Download 64bit handbrake (not sure if any other Windows tools are available in 64bit) rather than 32bit. I can put 64bit handbrake in place and have it work okay - only a little faster, etc. Maybe use 64bit Java for ProjectX as well.
4) Have an iPad and iPad-retina handbrake profile - I made one based on Handbrake's profile but would be nice for the distribution to have one.
5) grr, I had one more, can't remember it now *sigh*
miricle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #5322
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by miricle View Post
1) I really wish that atomic jobs would be inserted after encoding completes. Right now, atomic jobs get put at the very end of the job queue -- meaning if I'm downloading a bunch of shows, I have about 3/4 of the atomic jobs after ALL processing is complete, meaning my encoded jobs are not ready to put onto something like an iPad until everything is done.
Next release no longer considers "atomic" jobs cpu active so they launch right away after encode job completes.
Quote:
2) Would be nice to be able to have my computer go into standby/power save mode once all jobs are done. Sometimes I run jobs that go late into the night. Would be nice if the computer could go to sleep when kmttg is done.
Don't know of a clean way to do this.
Quote:
3) Download 64bit handbrake (not sure if any other Windows tools are available in 64bit) rather than 32bit. I can put 64bit handbrake in place and have it work okay - only a little faster, etc. Maybe use 64bit Java for ProjectX as well.
One can always install your own binaries for the programs in paths other than the default location so they won't get overriden. I like the tool zip file to work on least common denominator computer (i.e. 32 bit).
Quote:
4) Have an iPad and iPad-retina handbrake profile - I made one based on Handbrake's profile but would be nice for the distribution to have one.
If you post a profile I can include it for general use

Old 06-23-2013, 05:53 AM   #5323
miricle

Quote:
Next release no longer considers "atomic" jobs cpu active so they launch right away after encode job completes.
Cool!

Quote:
Don't know of a clean way to do this.
I was thinking about this more, and maybe best option would be the ability to launch a program/script after all processing is complete (and selectable via a toggle). That way, someone could do something like copy files off to a NAS, media player or whatever they wanted. They could also have the script run something that would sleep the machine via something like a unix command or sysinternals tool on Windows.

Quote:
If you post a profile I can include it for general use
Attached as a .txt file - forum software won't allow .enc extension. I think it is general enough.
Attached Files
File Type: txt hb_ipad.txt (696 Bytes, 11 views)
miricle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #5324
moyekj

v1p0b version released

v1p0b version is now released. Highlight of this release is a new Slingbox capture capability which can capture the Slingbox output video directly for Slingbox Pro or later models. Some other user-requested enhancements/changes are also included in this release.
Consult the release_notes Wiki for all the details.

NOTE: If using v1p0a version you can update automatically to latest version using Help->Update kmttg... menu entry. Note however that there was a problem I discovered for this preventing older versions of Windows such as XP from working, so you may have to manually update to v1p0b version still. From that point onwards that problem is fixed.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #5325
elprice7345

Upgrade from v1p0a not working

I just tried the "Update kmttg" option from the help menu on v1p0a and got the following messages:
Quote:
Installed version: v1p0a
Available version: v1p0b
Downloading file: http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmtt...ror=autoselect ...
File or Path not found: C:\Users\Public\Documents\kmttg\download?use_mirror=autosele ct (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
My kmttg installation is in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\kmttg", using Win7x64.

I was able to manually upgrade.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #5326
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprice7345 View Post
I just tried the "Update kmttg" option from the help menu on v1p0a and got the following messages:

My kmttg installation is in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\kmttg", using Win7x64.

I was able to manually upgrade.

Any suggestions?
Unfortunately there was a bug in v1p0a update code where it was using ?use_mirror=auto as part of the file name to download to which causes issues (it's annoying that sourceforge forces you to use a mirror with re-direction). That problem is fixed in v1p0b so once you manually upgrade to v1p0b you should no longer have that problem for future updates.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #5327
glaviolette

Question:

When Loop in GUI is enabled does selecting Run Once in GUI reset the "sleeping"/Check Interval time? I ask as I start the "Loop" (1440 minutes) around midnight (so it decodes during the night), but occasionally I'll run it during the day (CPU cycles permitting) and it *appears* that it will start again at the last time I ran a manual Run Once.

Thanks!

-g
glaviolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #5328
moyekj

Yes it would reset the loop interval time. That's not a use model I envisioned - keeping Loop in GUI running and occasionally running "Run Once in GUI" in same session.
Perhaps you would be better off running another instance of kmttg for "Run Once in GUI" use so that it won't interfere with the other kmttg running the loop.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #5329
Hercules67
TiVo addict

Quote:
Yes it would reset the loop interval time. That's not a use model I envisioned - keeping Loop in GUI running and occasionally running "Run Once in GUI" in same session.
Perhaps you would be better off running another instance of kmttg for "Run Once in GUI" use so that it won't interfere with the other kmttg running the loop.
I have done this in KMTTG w/o adverse effects.

Hercules67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #5330
BruceMartin

Handbrake 64 bit.
I downloaded the txt above, gave it enc extension and placed in subfolder.
I downloaded Handbrake 64 and put that in subfolder (didn't run it).
Now I am at a loss as to what to do next?
BruceMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #5331
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceMartin View Post
Handbrake 64 bit.
I downloaded the txt above, gave it enc extension and placed in subfolder.
I downloaded Handbrake 64 and put that in subfolder (didn't run it).
Now I am at a loss as to what to do next?
Go to the Configuration screen and change the location for handbrake for the new file.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #5332
BruceMartin

Trying program but all I get (I have 3 tivos and tried them all) after the download starts is "Download failed to file" and either exit code 10 or 56 depending upon whether I use java or curl (tried both). I also unchecked TS so it isn't streaming.

Any ideas?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #5333
BruceMartin

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Go to the Configuration screen and change the location for handbrake for the new file.
I put HandBrake-0.9.9-1_x86_64-Win_GUI.exe into handbrake folder and changed configuration screen to match location.

I get following error...

Failed to start command: C:\Users\Bruce\Documents\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrake-0.9.9-1_x86_64-Win_GUI.exe -i "C:\Users\Bruce\Documents\kmttg\Chopped - Gyro We Go Again (06_25_2013).mpg" -t 1 -c 1 -f mp4 -e x264 -q 20 -a 1 -E faac -6 dpl2 -D 0.0 -B 160 -R Auto -4 -v 1 -o "C:\Users\Bruce\Documents\kmttg\Chopped - Gyro We Go Again (06_25_2013).m4v" --pfr -X 1024 --loose-anamorphic -r 29.97
Cannot run program "C:\Users\Bruce\Documents\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrake-0.9.9-1_x86_64-Win_GUI.exe": CreateProcess error=740, The requested operation requires elevation
Old 06-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #5334
moyekj

You need to point to the CLI version of Handbrake, not the GUI version. Also there is no need to move it to the kmttg Handbrake folder since in kmttg config you can point to wherever it is installed.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #5335
BruceMartin

Quote:
You need to point to the CLI version of Handbrake, not the GUI version. Also there is no need to move it to the kmttg Handbrake folder since in kmttg config you can point to wherever it is installed.
Thanks. I am doing what you said...much better now!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #5336
BruceMartin

Quote:
Thanks for the advice! It worked!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #5337
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Would it be possible to add key presses to KMTTG, such as SPACE for Start Jobs, DELETE or BACKSPACE for Cancel Jobs?

~~~~~

Old 06-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #5338
moyekj

Quote:
Would it be possible to add key presses to KMTTG, such as SPACE for Start Jobs, DELETE or BACKSPACE for Cancel Jobs?
Those are already taken:
https://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki...ard_shortcuts/
You really would use keyboard shortcuts for those buttons? I don't see using the buttons that often where it is that much of an inconvenience using a mouse.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #5339
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Those are already taken:
https://sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki...ard_shortcuts/
You really would use keyboard shortcuts for those buttons? I don't see using the buttons that often where it is that much of an inconvenience using a mouse.
Yes, I would. I tend to mark 1 program at a time lately and Start Job. But I was thinking it would be faster to press a key instead of moving the mouse back and forth.

Edit: I tried using the up/down arrows to move the line in the program list then hit Start Job, then the programs list goes out of focus and up/down does not work until the list is clicked back into focus.

~~~~~

Last edited by ThAbtO : 06-28-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #5340
moyekj

Quote:
Edit: I tried using the up/down arrows to move the line in the program list then hit Start Job, then the programs list goes out of focus and up/down does not work until the list is clicked back into focus.
That's expected since the keys are only bound to the table not other widgets, so the table has to have focus for them to work.