TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Picture frozen when I turn on TV

When I turn on the TV, my picture on my TiVo will be frozen at current spot on whatever is on tuner. Show isn't being recorded. I can do rewind, and have the full 30 minute buffer, and play it up to current time then it freezes on picture. If I switch channels and go back to the channel it was on, and can view show no problem. Says something like trouble getting signal etc... But it's odd that it is only when I turn on TV, never have any freezing or no picture any other time. I have TW with cable cards. I think, but not too sure that it has happened on my other premiere in my bedroom also.

It is usually the 1st time I turn on TV either in morning, or when I get home at night after work.

Cable card? tuning adapter?
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Hdcp.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #3
Tico
Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Probably on a Switched Digital channel. After a while the signal "times" out and switched off.

Here after a channel is on for 3 hours with no user input it prompts me to indicate I am still watching by pressing select on the remote. if I don't the signal to that channel gets cut off.
Series3 OLED STA1520 TA Activated 9/21/06
Tico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
smhaus

I too often see the channel frozen when I turn on my tv after being off for a while.

I thought this might be related to the problem with losing access to channels and having to reboot the machine.
/showthread.php?t=497690&page=6
/showthread.php?t=476691&page=16

I have cox digital cable - northern virginia - which I think is switched digital channel.

Do others see this along with the "losing channels - not available" problem, or are they two unrelated issues?

Does starting a recording count as user activity? If you leave TiVo tuned to a switched channel for a while on which you have a scheduled recording, will TiVo be able to do that recording?
smhaus is offline   Reply With Quote