TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
LoREvanescence

TV Loosing Signal over HDMI

Over the past week I have been experiencing a new issue and can't seem to figure out how to prevent it.

It happens when in the HDUI, when navigating the UI by using the left or right arrow, every few times you enter or exit a folder the entire screen goes black, and my TV displays "No Signal" It's as if the HDMI cable was unplugged or the TiVo was powered off.

Here is what I have found.
Turning the TV off, then back on does not resolve the signal.
Letting it sit at the no signal screen will not make the video come back, it will sit at no signal for ever.
Restarting the TiVo will restore the signal.
Changing off my TiVo on the HDMI Switch, then Back to my TiVo also restores the signal.
The TiVo is not frozen, nor does it act like anything had ever happened when the signal is restored.

Last night while navigating a wish list folder with 8 recorded programs in it, while setting them all to KUID I had this issue happen 3 times.

It started a little over a week ago

It only appears to happen when hitting the left or right arrow to navigate the HDUI. It will not happen any other way. And no issues like this happen with my Apple TV or Blu-Ray Player.
LoREvanescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
shamilian

I would try a different cable and see if it works better. I have had cables go bad over time....
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
bshrock

Go to settings and set the output format to fixed on the best resolution available for you TV.
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
LoREvanescence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
Go to settings and set the output format to fixed on the best resolution available for you TV.
I have it set to fixed 720p already.

I bought 4 new blue rigger hdmi cables back in april when I installed the new hdmi switch to allow for a port for a Apple TV (my tv only had two hdmi inputs).

Just tried moving the cables around so its two different new ables and the issue is still present.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
LoREvanescence

sorry for the double post, can't figure out how to edit my last one from forumrunner

Ok, so when the HDMI Switch is bypassed, and the HDMI cable is connected directly to the TV here is what happens.

The screen goes black for 5 seconds or so, then the menus come back blank for a moment before repopulating and the PIP window in the top right is gone.

Strange
Old 06-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
tenthplanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoREvanescence View Post
sorry for the double post, can't figure out how to edit my last one from forumrunner

Ok, so when the HDMI Switch is bypassed, and the HDMI cable is connected directly to the TV here is what happens.

The screen goes black for 5 seconds or so, then the menus come back blank for a moment before repopulating and the PIP window in the top right is gone.

Strange
Have tried hooking up Tivo with component video and see what happens. There may be something strange going on with HDMI handshaking but it could also be a network issue. Try the component video connection and if you get the same problem that it's time to look at network issues.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
tenthplanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
Have tried hooking up Tivo with component video and see what happens. There may be something strange going on with HDMI handshaking but it could also be a network issue. Try the component video connection and if you get the same problem that it's time to look at network issues.
Make that "Have you tried" Sorry about that.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoREvanescence View Post

Strange
The "PIP" Window can be on or off based on pressing the slow key on the remote.

Sounds like the handshake with the HDMI switcher is not working...
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote