TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
WO312

When to start Warehouse 13?

Need some opinions. I recently became aware of Warehouse 13 and I assume I will like it. I have all the season 4 episodes on my Tivo and the rest are available on Netflix. I really don't feel like watching 3 old seasons unless I really need to. So could I just start watching season 4, or will I miss a lot of back story?? If I need some back story, could I just watch SOME of the earlier stuff?
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Just in case you care:

Quote:
On May 16, 2013, Syfy renewed the series for a six-episode fifth and final season

Old 06-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I think if you watch the first couple of episodes, you'll get the gist of the show. While there's usually a season back story, a lot of the episodes are self contained enough to enjoy without knowing it. Maybe watch the last couple of episodes of S2 and S3 to get where they are going for the next season.

And of course you can ask us about anything in the past in the ep threads.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
kmccbf

There is an long term story arc so it would help to watch from the beginning and it helps to get to know the characters. Each season ended with a bit of a cliffhanger as well. However I think you could get away with just watching the pilot, to know the major players, and then start with season three if you really don't want to start at the beginning.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
TonyD79

If you think you will like the show, why wouldn't you want to start at the beginning?

That's where I would start. While story arcs don't usually go beyond a year, characters pop in and out all the time.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
Fahtrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
Need some opinions. I recently became aware of Warehouse 13 and I assume I will like it. I have all the season 4 episodes on my Tivo and the rest are available on Netflix. I really don't feel like watching 3 old seasons unless I really need to. So could I just start watching season 4, or will I miss a lot of back story?? If I need some back story, could I just watch SOME of the earlier stuff?
I don't understand this either, if you want to watch it, watch all of it, if you don't like it, delete it. Why not just start at the beginning?

"you don't feel like it?" Well then do something else.
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
Just in case you care:
Yes, I know. In fact it was that thread that made me aware of it and it piqued my interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
If you think you will like the show, why wouldn't you want to start at the beginning?
I will start at the beginning, but probably just the first few episodes to get a feel for the main characters, as suggested. I have far too much other stuff to watch to want to watch all the seasons unless I would really miss out on a great story arc. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks all for the replies.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
Lenonn

TC CLUB MEMBER
I definitely recommend just watching them all. Seasons one and three are only 12 episodes long and season two is only 13 episodes long.

The last few episodes of each season usually have a running storyline, so I wouldn't skip ahead. And even season one has at least one one-off episode where the character comes back in season four.
Lenonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
aaronwt
HD Addict

W13 is worth the watch.

Which reminds me. I haven't watched this weeks episode yet.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #10
TonyD79

Quote:
Yes, I know. In fact it was that thread that made me aware of it and it piqued my interest.

I will start at the beginning, but probably just the first few episodes to get a feel for the main characters, as suggested. I have far too much other stuff to watch to want to watch all the seasons unless I would really miss out on a great story arc. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks all for the replies.
Okay but still doesn't make sense to me. If you are going to watch 10 episodes, watch from the beginning. Why forcefully jump in late?
Old 06-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
kdmorse

One season lost it's magic, and bored me greatly. Then it picked up the next season and continued just fine. And no, I have no idea which season I'm thinking of.

So, if you hit a dull spot don't worry, it'll pick back up.
kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #12
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

There's a lot of really fun stuff in the earlier episodes, I'd say that you're missing a lot of the better parts, the arc of how Claudia wound up in the warehouse is one that really is well done. Heck, if you skip those earlier seasons you miss all the awesome H.G. Wells arcs (pay close attention to the relationship between HG and Myka, yes it's what you think it is, and there's a reason it feels that way) They have done a ton of character growth over the years and as others have said they're short seasons. They used to spend more time on the artifacts and their history, I really liked that aspect.

If you think you'll enjoy it, you'll enjoy starting at the beginning.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #13
WO312

O.K., I'm convinced. I'll watch the whole thing. Probably will take me a couple of months fitting it in, but at least it will be pretty continuous. Should stay fresher in my mind.

Just started watching the first season of Continuum and have seen 3 episodes. Enjoying it.

Also have watched the first 3 episodes of Vikings. Enjoying that also.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #14
WinBear
Konner Kringle

Definitely watch until Claudia is settled at the Warehouse. Watch the first few episodes of season 3 when Jinks is introduced. I agree the HG Wells story is interesting.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #15
ADent

This is definitely a lightweight show with heavy handed plot. Start where you want, yes you will miss a few background things - but it doesn't really make or break anything plot wise.
ADent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #16
WO312

Have watched the first 3 eps so far. Fun show - looks like it will be artifact-of-the week for sure. I'll just keep watching them in order since things are slower in the summer anyway. At one per night I'll be caught up sometime in July. Or August. Who cares?
Old 06-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #17
TonyD79

Quote:
Have watched the first 3 eps so far. Fun show - looks like it will be artifact-of-the week for sure. I'll just keep watching them in order since things are slower in the summer anyway. At one per night I'll be caught up sometime in July. Or August. Who cares?
There is always artifact of the week (usually more than one) but there are story arcs going on. A story per season plus character development stories.