TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
drebbe
Carbon Blob

TiVo to Power Cable Operators' Mobile and Second Screen Experience

TiVo Inc., a leader in the advanced television entertainment market, today announced its highly rated mobile app and second screen companion experience is now available for cable operators 'powered by TiVo.'

http://investor.tivo.com/phoenix.zht...349&highlight=
drebbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

Stuff like this makes me so mad.

Can they get the freaking Mini to work right and with dynamic tuner allocation before foraying into yet another product or offering!

Reading this at the end of the paragraph made me laugh right out loud!
"TiVo cautions you not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which reflect an analysis only and speak only as of the date hereof. TiVo disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements."

So now they actually include a legal disclaimer that pretty much says: "we're gonna screw this up and delay it like we do with everything else".

Captain.

Picard.

FACEPALM.
TiVo HDXL
TiVo HD
Retired: TiVo Series 2 ST, Philips Series 1 HDR212
NotNowChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
moyekj

Not sure why it makes you mad. It's just releasing something that's already in the retail chain to the MSO business. Now that patent wars are over TiVo will need to rely on MSO growth more than ever to stay alive, so for long term outlook news like this is a good thing in my eyes. Growth potential is NOT in the standalone business no matter how much we would like that to be the case.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Not sure why it makes you mad. It's just releasing something that's already in the retail chain to the MSO business. Now that patent wars are over TiVo will need to rely on MSO growth more than ever to stay alive, so for long term outlook news like this is a good thing in my eyes. Growth potential is NOT in the standalone business no matter how much we would like that to be the case.
I agree with this 100%. Unless TiVo aggressively pursues the MSO side of the business, their goose is cooked.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
twhiting9275
TV Buff!

As long as they're careful as to what they do, this should be fine.

Unfortunately, most providers want to make things as difficult as possible for the customer to operate outside of the box (ie: hulu, netflix, prime, etc), which is why the bandwidth reduction / enforcements of late, which is why they won't let you transfer from THEIR DVR's to your PC.

Mediacom (my provider) said they were getting in bed with Tivo last year. I can only hope it's going to be an at least somewhat functioning box, as in, a box that functions as my current one does.
twhiting9275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNowChief View Post
Stuff like this makes me so mad.

Can they get the freaking Mini to work right and with dynamic tuner allocation before foraying into yet another product or offering!

"TiVo cautions you not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which reflect an analysis only and speak only as of the date hereof. TiVo disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements."
That is generic company wording. Heck, it may be almost boilerplate from the SEC.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:48 AM   #7
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNowChief View Post
This is pretty much boilerplate for all statements to investors (note where you're seeing this: investor.tivo.com), by anybody, ever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote