MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
Burn Notice.
Burn Notice.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #32
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
Funny, we were talking about this at work today because everyone's bummed out now that the season is over. Everyone seems to have shows they watch during the summer, but nothing they get psyched about.

First thing I can think of is True Blood... I will probably watch it but it's absolutely because there's nothing else on. It has always been a little too "soapy" for my tastes but earlier seasons had enough violence, sex, mystery, and relatively credible storytelling that I was able to look past the love trapezoids that formed in every episode. But last season was almost impossible to get through, so it just depends on where they go with it this time.

The Following is another example - I think I was over it about half way through but there was nothing else on so I watched it. I can't be sure I'll be back for season two, but if no new shows "do it for me", I likely will.

The Americans... I like the show, but it never hit "must watch" status for me. I have the last five episodes saved up because I figured I would burn them off in the Summer during the TV drought... but the fact that I could wait months to watch it says I wasn't that into it. I heard good things about the last few eps so we'll see.

Homeland... I loved the first season of the show, but personally thought it didn't live up to itself with season two, especially with the way it ended (I liked ASPECTS of how it ended, but the aspects I didn't like overshadowed it for me). It's still better than a lot of stuff out there so I'll definitely be turning in, but if it's like last season I'll probably have two or three weeks saved up at a time.

This thread is actually making me sad because there's so little out there that I'm psyched about each week... even the Walking Dead was like "meh, I'll watch it this week some time...". I can't wait for Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy to come back, those are the only two that I have to watch the day of or the next day at most.
I agree about The Following (although I'm not sure if it was ever "must see" for me. If you have to prioritize over the summer, definitely watch The Americans. It gets better, and I thought it was good from the start. Some very interesting twists and turns.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #33
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
You just made a HUGE mistake.

I gave it a season and a half, and it didn't float my boat. Not going to waste more time "trying" to like it because "everyone else" does.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #34
Agatha Mystery

I've gotten that way about Shameless and CSI. They're on my DVR but I haven't watched them.
Agatha Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #35
Howie
Out of Pocket

I love Shameless and usually watch within a day or two of first airing. CSI's tend to pile up on me. I liked Petersen and Helgenberger better than the newer cast members.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #36
NJ_HB
TiVo/MCE/PSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by supasta View Post
Mad Men.
+2 on Mad Men + GOT + Orphan Black.

Mad Men - got boring, couldn't figure out the 'looks' between characters.
GOT - I have now lost control of the long list of characters and their links to each other.
Orphan Black - started off strong, but lost interest in the slow reveal.
NJ_HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #37
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

HIMYM
Psych
Deadliest Catch
Raising Hope
The Middle
Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #38
Timbeau

Defiance -- To be fair, I was only enthusiastic about Defiance for about 1 episode
NCIS
Bones -- A few weeks ago I deleted unwatched most of the season's episodes
CSI -- I loveTed Danson and Elisabeth Shue in most things they been in, but not CSI
The Walking Dead -- This one's had a lot of ebb and flow for me, I liked it for a while, then not so much for a while, then I watched it fanatically, but the last few episodes have not held my interest

Falling Skies is like The Walking Dead -- I liked it a lot at first, then it was one of those that I kept watching because I always had, but the first two episodes of this season has renewed my interest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #39
bengalfreak

I didn't make it past mid season with Revolution. it had the potential to be a really good show. But every episode was the same format. Charlie would rashly rush into doing something really stupid, and because there was something good and noble about it, Miles would rush in to save her at the end of the episode. I mean, how many times can you watch that exact same scenario over and over couldn't believe it when the show was renewed.

What made Falling Skies so good in season one was how dark and bleak it was. Season three, if I make it all the way thru it, will be my last.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #40
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

Alot of the USA shows fall into this catergory for me.

Necessary Roughness (actually like this show but sometimes I FFWD thru some of the more boring patients of the week and just watch the main chars.)

Covert Affairs (HORRIBLE show but we still record it)

Royal Pains (got almost 2 seasons worth left untouched)

White Collar (2 or 3 eps will pile up before I do a mini marathon on a random rainy day)

Burn Notice (for the same reasons as everyone else)

Suits is the only show I watch within 24 hours after it airs on that network.
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #41
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

I had 20 episodes of Vegas saved. Yesterday I watched the second episode. Just another "every character you meet is the killer" deal. I deleted all 20.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #42
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

True Blood, although technically I am not watching it any longer as of now. Last night it was coming on and I just said eff it.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #43
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
I had 20 episodes of Vegas saved. Yesterday I watched the second episode. Just another "every character you meet is the killer" deal. I deleted all 20.
I used to love watching that show.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #44
donnoh

I just deleted a full season of Bones and NCIS LA.
donnoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #45
cheesesteak
Meh.

The Phillies

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #46
alansh

Wow, no one said "The Simpsons"? Or am I the only one that's not given up entirely?

I've watched it since the premier in 1989, and I still do follow it, but I'm not eagerly waiting for each episode.
alansh is offline   Reply With Quote