TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
jdanna

Extra tuner for tivo mini in sd menus

So I just got a TiVo premiere4, and after using the HD menus for about a day, I immediately went back to the SD menus. the hd menus are absolutely unusably slow, to the point of being worthless.

Question is, now im thinking of adding a TiVo mini, but it wont let you enable a tuner for it without turning on the HD menus. if you switch back to SD, it seems to re-enable the tuner for normal use.

Is there any way to allow a tuner for a TiVo mini, but keep my permiere4 in SD menus?

I really want to buy a TiVo mini for another room in my house - but I would honestly throw the premiere4 in the garbage before turning the hd menus back on. Hell I would rather gargle broken glass then use the hd menus ever again.

Am I just not able to get the mini, or is there a trick to leave it enabled with sd menus?
jdanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
moyekj

You only have to use HDUI to choose how many tuners to dedicate to Mini. Once you set that you can go back to SDUI mode.

NOTE: Mini only has HDUI option, but you'll find it is MUCH speedier than on Premiere and is actually a pleasure to use. I use a Mini as a front end to my Elite which I find too slow to use directly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
jdanna

Oh yay that's great news.

Is there a way to verify the setting took hold? When I had hd menus on and I brought up the tuner pop up it said that one was reserved for remote devices. When I switch back to SD it doesn't show that anymore, it shows what all 4 tuners are tuned to.
jdanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
moyekj

Well, it's pretty easy to test - with 1 tuner dedicated to Mini try recording 4 things at once to see what happens.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
ajwees41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanna View Post
So I just got a TiVo premiere4, and after using the HD menus for about a day, I immediately went back to the SD menus. the hd menus are absolutely unusably slow, to the point of being worthless.

Question is, now im thinking of adding a TiVo mini, but it wont let you enable a tuner for it without turning on the HD menus. if you switch back to SD, it seems to re-enable the tuner for normal use.

Is there any way to allow a tuner for a TiVo mini, but keep my permiere4 in SD menus?

I really want to buy a TiVo mini for another room in my house - but I would honestly throw the premiere4 in the garbage before turning the hd menus back on. Hell I would rather gargle broken glass then use the hd menus ever again.

Am I just not able to get the mini, or is there a trick to leave it enabled with sd menus?

The HD menus are slow during the first few days and speed up later.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote