Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #1
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Mad Men "Favors" OAD 6/9/13

OHHHH! Don got busted!

Geez, Sylvia, why couldn't you have just sent a Thank-You note?

Megan: "I'll talk to [Sally]"
Don: "No!"

Well, Don seems to have talked Sally out of this for now, we shall see if it rears its ugly head later...

..oh, and the rat blood on Peggy's floor was NASTY!

Only 2 more eps til the season finale!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #2
mm2margaret
Meagan

I have to say - I was glad that Don got caught. He's a serial cheater, and finally someone caught him. The fact that it was his daughter was perfect, because outside of Megan, she would care the most.

Although that could really negatively affect her and screw up her relationships with Men, when she starts dating and having relationships with them.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Are we supposed to think that Sally believed his nonsense explanation for even one microsecond?
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
TiVo'Brien
Multi-year Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
Are we supposed to think that Sally believed his nonsense explanation for even one microsecond?
Don could have been consoling Sylvia. With his pants off.........

Maybe not Sally, but I think kids are inclined to idealize their parents and believe lies their parents tell them since the truth would upset their world too much. It's usually later in therapy when people realize their parents weren't so great as they thought.
TiVo'Brien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
sharkster

I wonder how much we will be zeroing in on Don's transgressions now that there is only one season left. Makes sense that they would have somebody else, other than his wife du jour, catch him. Too bad they have to destory the kid but it seems right in this case.

No Joan this week. Whassup?

Bob - that was a strange deal. I'm not sure I understood what was really going on there.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Of course not. She just accepted that was the lie and basically agreed she'd pretend and she wouldn't say anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Bob - that was a strange deal. I'm not sure I understood what was really going on there.
He was hitting on Pete.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
KenDC
Huggy Bear

Roger can do it all!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #8
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post

He was hitting on Pete.
Ah, ok. Thanks! I thought that but then I thought maybe it was some weird, hidden meaning, thing. Should have gone with my gut. Pete handled it better than I would have expected. I figured, if it was a hit, he would have gone all crazy on the guy. Still figuring Bob out.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
zalusky

Quote:
Of course not. She just accepted that was the lie and basically agreed she'd pretend and she wouldn't say anything.

He was hitting on Pete.
I am wondering if he was truly hitting on Pete or just being a chameleon to see who is going to be his strong connection. He has been iterating on the whole office to see if anything takes. I also think it might have been a way to deflect the Mother sex issue.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #10
crowfan
The Dude abides

The whole knee-rubbing thing puts it squarely in the "hitting on" category for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crowfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #11
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Quote:
He was hitting on Pete.
I also got the sense that Bob was basically saying that Manolo had been his caregiver when he was growing up and Bob developed feelings for him just as Pete's mother is now doing. I loved Bob's face when Pete called Manolo a "degenerate" the first time.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #12
KenDC
Huggy Bear

I thought Bob was going to say that Manolo can't being having sex with your mother because he is gay and I know that he is gay because.....knee touch.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #13
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenDC View Post
I thought Bob was going to say that Manolo can't being having sex with your mother because he is gay and I know that he is gay because.....knee touch.
That's pretty much what he said, but with fewer words.

- billypritchard
Old 06-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #14
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
That's pretty much what he said, but with fewer words.
Exactly. Bob said that. And he hit on Pete. And I thought he said that Manolo was the reason Bob is gay.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #15
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Not at all. Her "ok" was a very clear "ok, I'll go along with your ******** excuse."
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #16
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
That's what I thought.

I knew as soon as Sally had a friend over it would be trouble. She doesn't seem to have any friends that don't cause some strife in her life.

I almost hate to say it, but I remember doing the list thing they were doing that night with a friend about a guy in my class. Mitchell seemed way too old for them to be hitting on and I am glad he seemed oblivious to it. In fact, at first I thought he was there to hit on Megan.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #17
KenDC
Huggy Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Exactly. Bob said that. And he hit on Pete. And I thought he said that Manolo was the reason Bob is gay.
Well, I knew the knee touch was a come on but he didn't directly say that Manolo was gay or that he was in a relationship with him unless I missed it or I am thicker that I thought I was. Maybe he implied it by saying if someone takes care of your needs. I thought at that point he was talking about himself taking care of Peter.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #18
sharkster

All I recall him saying about the Manolo thing was something like 'he's not into that or 'that's not his thing' or something like that, which could be taken as 'he's not into OLD women' or 'he's not into women' or any variety of things.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #19
Idearat

So now Sally has walked in on Roger and Megan's Mom as well as Don and the neighbor. She's going to have to learn to knock and yell "Hello!" whenever she walks into a room.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Well, I knew the knee touch was a come on but he didn't directly say that Manolo was gay or that he was in a relationship with him unless I missed it or I am thicker that I thought I was. Maybe he implied it by saying if someone takes care of your needs. I thought at that point he was talking about himself taking care of Peter.
While Bob was fixing the drinks he said something Manolo would never do that to Pete's mom because of something like "his preferences are different".

- billypritchard
Old 06-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #21
cheesesteak
Meh.

The telegraphed Don getting caught by Sally from a million miles away. Who didn't see that coming?

If this show were set in the neighborhoods I grew up in during the late 60s, Sally would have some serious 'splainin to do as to why she broke into a neighbor's apartment. That would take precedent over daddy getting busy with someone not named Megan. But I guess in her neighborhood, she'll be getting a car soon to keep her quiet.

They shoe horned Bob Benson in the show just to have him hit on Pete? I don't even know what the guy does at the company.

Who didn't think Manolo was gay?

How old is Sally, anyway?

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #22
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Quote:
All I recall him saying about the Manolo thing was something like 'he's not into that or 'that's not his thing' or something like that, which could be taken as 'he's not into OLD women' or 'he's not into women' or any variety of things.
Quote:
While Bob was fixing the drinks he said something Manolo would never do that to Pete's mom because of something like "his preferences are different".
Exactly, and then Pete said he was a "degenerate." As Pete said that, the camera was on Bob's face, and you could see, in that split second, that Bob is also a "degenerate." Had the scene ended there, I still think it would have been fairly clear that Bob is gay. The rest of the scene just confirmed it.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #23
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Gotta love Pete talking to his Mom about her "love feelings"
Mother-do NOT be more specific!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #24
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm2margaret View Post
I have to say - I was glad that Don got caught. He's a serial cheater, and finally someone caught him. The fact that it was his daughter was perfect, because outside of Megan, she would care the most.
Yeah, that made it especially brutal. Sally isn't oblivious, and knows Don isn't a perfect dad or even much of a role model, but she does have a bond with him that is much stronger than hers with Betty. So this is awful for her, and for Don too -- not just for being caught, and not just because it was one of his kids that caught him, but because it was Sally. He's started to come around on Bobby, and who knows what he thinks of Gene -- but Sally he loves. And he may have just wrecked it. Again, brutal.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #25
vman41
Omega Consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Who didn't think Manolo was gay?
Just because you're gay doesn't mean you can't be a gigolo.
vman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:26 AM   #26
dbranco

The look on Peggy's face when Pete's mom mentioned "the child you have between you" was agonizing. Elizabeth Moss nailed it perfectly. I could feel it in my gut. Also the relief in her face when she realized she was mistaken for his wife.
dbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:07 AM   #27
jimmyjjohn

Hello

jimmyjjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #28
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
The telegraphed Don getting caught by Sally from a million miles away. Who didn't see that coming?
I didn't see it coming.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #29
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
So now Sally has walked in on Roger and Megan's Mom as well as Don and the neighbor. She's going to have to learn to knock and yell "Hello!" whenever she walks into a room.
As in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Hamilton
Doesn't anyone ****ing knock any more?

Old 06-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #30
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbranco View Post
The look on Peggy's face when Pete's mom mentioned "the child you have between you" was agonizing. Elizabeth Moss nailed it perfectly. I could feel it in my gut. Also the relief in her face when she realized she was mistaken for his wife.
That was brutal.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote