TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
igirl
Tivo and EyeTV User

Corrupt - Delete Me

I'm messing around getting my Season Passes to align exactly between an S4 (Premiere Series 4 - 2 tuner) and a new P4 (Premiere 4 - 4 tuner).

Transferring all the S4 SPs online into the new P4 worked - but the upcoming To Do lists do NOT align. Some upcoming things for the S4 are completely missing from the P4 - surprising since the P4 has two more open tuners!

So - I figured the ORDER of things in SPs might make a difference and tried to realign them online - which resulted in Corrupt - Delete Me (pictured) on the P4 - this has been like this for over an hour now. These things do not show up on the online UI....but they do show up on the iPad UI.

I'm going to hope/assume these "corrupt" SPs go away eventually? Or am I going to have to do something to help clean them out? (I already tried running the Manual > Connect to the TiVo service now....didn't clear them out). hmmm

Anyway I figured out that re-ordering the priority on SPs online might not be the way to go - next step - after hopefully all these corrupt files get cleared out - is to realign them on the P4 box itself and hope that the "missing" To Do List items wake up.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

If you don't have much time invested in the new P4, you might try a Clear And Delete Everything and start over. You might have to re-pair the Cable Card (not sure about that, but worst case).
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
igirl
Tivo and EyeTV User

Thanks I thought of that as one solution - but first...I've deleted each and every SP on the P4 manually - and now going back and using the online SP Manager "Copy To The Other Box" again. This time I won't touch the online UI to try to rearrange them. Hoping this works...

** EDIT ** UPDATE **

This didn't work - Season Passes on the box were filled with Corrupt - Delete Me files again. I have one show to transfer off and then I'm headed for a reset I think.

Next strategy if the reset + online SP Copy (again) doesn't work again - is to manually add the SPs into the P4. Moving them onto the box via the online UI might be the issue. It shouldn't be - but could be.

Last edited by igirl : 12-09-2012 at 08:39 AM.
igirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

I know this doesn't help a lot, but this is not a one-off issue, this has popped up before and there's something about the online SP Manager that did it, or resolved it.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
expmag
RehobothJeff

I had a similar problem but realized that the only shows that it stated corrupt were old season passes for shows that had been cancelled. All the SPs for current shows updated fine.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
igirl
Tivo and EyeTV User

OK I ran Clear Program Info and To Do List. Then it went through a whole software update afterwards, and then I had to manually Connect to The Tivo Service again. I'm thinking the software update might have been the key.

Season Passes did not have to be copied back over - they were in there intact without any garbage files - still out of order -- but in there. I'm kind of afraid to touch the order after all that - but if I do - I will do it directly on the Tivo and not online.

The To Do list is no longer missing anything. I'm hoping it's all fully sorted now. If the recording and everything runs fine without any kinks for a few days then I can finally reset the Series 4 and send it off to Ebay and Amazon!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by igirl View Post
OK I ran Clear Program Info and To Do List. Then it went through a whole software update afterwards, and then I had to manually Connect to The Tivo Service again. I'm thinking the software update might have been the key.

Season Passes did not have to be copied back over - they were in there intact without any garbage files - still out of order -- but in there. I'm kind of afraid to touch the order after all that - but if I do - I will do it directly on the Tivo and not online.

The To Do list is no longer missing anything. I'm hoping it's all fully sorted now. If the recording and everything runs fine without any kinks for a few days then I can finally reset the Series 4 and send it off to Ebay and Amazon!
I want to say that the issue in question was with reordering them online, but my memory is very foggy on this issue since it never happened to me, and that only popped up after you mentioned it.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igirl View Post

I think your right the software update verifies and fixes the items in the season pass folder....

I am thinking re-running a guided setup would do this as well....
but I am not sure it is worth the trouble....
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
fenlyn

The answer on why this happens is as follows:

If you transfer a season pass to a TiVo box using the online SPM, and the show does not have any episodes upcoming in the guide, the season pass will show as corrupted on the box. I don't know if this automatically resolves when an episode does appear eventually. Would be interested in finding that out.
fenlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #10
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenlyn View Post
The answer on why this happens is as follows:

If you transfer a season pass to a TiVo box using the online SPM, and the show does not have any episodes upcoming in the guide, the season pass will show as corrupted on the box. I don't know if this automatically resolves when an episode does appear eventually. Would be interested in finding that out.
It does, and it has been verified by many of us over time now, I just don't think all the various threads have had us update them yet.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #11
fenlyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
It does, and it has been verified by many of us over time now, I just don't think all the various threads have had us update them yet.
Good to know. I don't want to have to remember to setup Revolution and Glee this fall. Glee is for my wife. Revolution is for me. We both should be embarrassed.

Thanks, folks. I hadn't seen the other threads. This is where Google sent me.
fenlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #12
Tanquen

It would be cool if it told you that and let you know what the show was. I just did this online to the new Roamio and there were a few issues and it said that would not move some of them as there were no shows in the next 14 days. But it did it anyway with no labels??? Why is this such a big deal for TiVo? I'd like to see it color passes that have not had a upcoming show for 6 months to let you know that show is most likely no more. It really should just move everything if you want. What about Wishlists?
Tanquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:11 AM   #13
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanquen View Post
It would be cool if it told you that and let you know what the show was. I just did this online to the new Roamio and there were a few issues and it said that would not move some of them as there were no shows in the next 14 days. But it did it anyway with no labels??? Why is this such a big deal for TiVo? I'd like to see it color passes that have not had a upcoming show for 6 months to let you know that show is most likely no more. It really should just move everything if you want. What about Wishlists?
Use kmttg instead. It can move SPs from a Premier to a Romaio while retaining the order AND retaining SPs for shows that are currently in the guide. TiVo's website sucks by comparison. The only reason I'd use it is if you were moving from an older TiVo kmttg didn't support.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:33 PM   #14
richswww

Question

I have a similar situation on the Roamio that I transferred several season passes to from an old Premiere.

But instead of showing up as blank or corrupted, it appeared to be perfectly normal.

BUT... it did not record new episodes when they DID appear. In fact, doing a "view upcoming episodes" from that season pass shows NO upcoming episodes at all, when there were clearly new episodes showing in the guide.

Made my wife miss 3 new episodes of Glee, and trust me, that's bad.

They really need to fix this or at least clearly flag those bad season passes like they used to.
richswww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:17 AM   #15
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Have you tried deleting and recreating the season pass(es) in question?

If you miss a show three weeks in a row, that's mostly your own fault especially if you are aware that there is a problem.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:29 AM   #16
richswww

How the heck is it my fault??? Of course I didn't know there was a problem before I noticed it had missed shows!

Once I did, of course I deleted the old season pass and created a new one! What else would I do, sit there and just trust that the dang thing would magically start working right?

I had not heard of this problem with transferred season passes until this happened to me.

We missed 3 episodes because I did not know when the show was coming back from hiatus, so I had no idea when the episodes were supposed to air. I don't go hunting around the web for that information - that's what I use season passes for.

I didn't realize the show had come back on until I saw an actress from the show on a talk show I had recorded from a previous week.

Tivo puts out a buggy feature and it's my fault?

Sheesh.
richswww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #17
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by richswww View Post
How the heck is it my fault??? Of course I didn't know there was a problem before I noticed it had missed shows!

Once I did, of course I deleted the old season pass and created a new one! What else would I do, sit there and just trust that the dang thing would magically start working right?

I had not heard of this problem with transferred season passes until this happened to me.

We missed 3 episodes because I did not know when the show was coming back from hiatus, so I had no idea when the episodes were supposed to air. I don't go hunting around the web for that information - that's what I use season passes for.

I didn't realize the show had come back on until I saw an actress from the show on a talk show I had recorded from a previous week.

Tivo puts out a buggy feature and it's my fault?

Sheesh.
So you had already taken care of the problem?
There's the problem. You discussed your issue as if it were an unresolved issue happening now rather than as a problem you had and then resolved.
As for waiting for it to magically happen to start working right, you might be surprised at how many people come here that would expect just that.