TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
Jayjoans

72 Hours

not surprised there isn't a thread for this yet, not worth the bandwidth to report how terrible it is.
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I'll have to disagree. I went in with extremely low expectations based on the hour-long dreck that preceded it ('The Hero'), but I found myself really enjoying it.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I am on the fence.

I enjoyed the challenge, the swim alone would have exhausted me.

I thought for the final case, when they said everyone had to touch it, that everyone had to dive down and grab the case. I think that would be better than letting just one person grab it and bring it back to shore.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
getreal
postcrastinator

The "host" was clearly trying to do his best impression of Jeff Probst from "Survivor".

I watched it and found it to be not very compelling television, though I stuck with it for the duration. If there is another episode, I won't be back.

P.S. I wonder if the $100k prize is to be split among the three team members to be paid out over the course of 40 years ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #5
Jayjoans

concur, even down to the "Come on in guys!"

I laughed at the lady that said if they win she could pay off her $127k mortgage and change her life....uh...no. $100,000/3 minus tax, she'd be lucky to get $25k. I think I'd rather go on Wheel of Fortune.

Hilarious of they each got $625 a year for 40 years, enjoy that $52 check every month.
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

I've recorded it but not watched. I take it it's not a serial show? Each ep stands on its own? (I don't know much about it--I just saw an ad in EW or something and set up a SP.)

If its not great, I don't need to waste my time on it (I have a LOT of back logged shows).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #7
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Correct, the episode was a stand-alone - one team won and next week will be a new group of players.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:01 AM   #8
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

It wasn't a terrible way to waste 40 minutes, but I doubt it'll bring me back week after week.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote