Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #31
late for dinner
Always Hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
I liked at the school kids lunch challenge: Joe, when trying to decide which team had the better meal, says "...it could be one...or the other." Really? LOL

I'm glad the guy (still don't know everyone's names yet) kicked butt with the cupcakes sans mixer and Luca even gave him kudos.
My wife and I looked at each other when Joe said that and laughed, what a genius!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #32
sharkster

It does seem like kind of a weird season, but I see a lot of talent.

I still want Krissi gone. What a nasty woman.

Furthermore, I'm not on board with the 'captain goes down with the ship' b.s. It wasn't a ship, no lives were at stake, and anybody with half a brain would give themselves the advantage if they had that choice. It's a contest, not the Titanic!

Love how the guy who got his stand mixer pulled excelled in the challenge and also loved the sportsmanship of Luca in giving him kudos for a job well done.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #33
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Furthermore, I'm not on board with the 'captain goes down with the ship' b.s. It wasn't a ship, no lives were at stake, and anybody with half a brain would give themselves the advantage if they had that choice. It's a contest, not the Titanic!
Agree. That was a bad analogy. It's a freaking contest. He would have been considered a dumba$$ by the judges (let alone the entire viewing audience) if he didn't use one of the saves for himself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #34
NJChris
Moogs!

Didn't someone last season not save himself? I think that is dumb. It's a competition. And the look on Krissi's face.... does she have any other look besides hate?
NJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #35
jamesl

I remember someone not saving themselves and Ramsay told them they were dumb
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #36
Cearbhaill
I was provoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesl View Post
I remember that as well.
No reason to fall on your own sword- in a competition like this it is every man for himself.
If you can stay another day then do so.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #37
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChris View Post
And the look on Krissi's face.... does she have any other look besides hate?
Yes. Fat & Fugly.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:14 AM   #38
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Thought I was watching Hell's Kitchen for a second.

I was hoping to see Natasha and her eye brows go...oh well. But Kathy was in over her head. Nice try though. And man, I'm not a lobster fan, but that looked tasty as hell!
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #39
dthmj
Hinky

My daughter and I watch MC together. We both just love Luca - he's so adorable. We were starting to sweat it!

Was kinda odd episode last night - seemed like they just manufactured a reason to go to Vegas.

- Gaming Blog

- My brand new personal blog!
dthmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #40
Big Deficit
Happy now?

Anyone notice Joe spitting profusely over the food while requesting more chimichurrie for that one firefighter? Yeah, If I were there, I might want to skip those particular (delicious stunning world beating premium choice steaks hand picked by angels and packaged in unobtanium Walmart steaks that no doubt will create world peace, end global warming and cause your favorite sport team to win their league championship) steaks..thank you!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #41
billypritchard
Embiggener

I noticed that Gordon did not tell the firefighters that their heroic awesome meal was provided by WalMart.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #42
jamesl

I don't understand the judging at all

Luca's lobster didn't have enough color, it wasn't fresh, it looked like Ramsay had trouble cutting into it

They all seemed to love Katy's, except for the presentation

and yet Kathy is the one who went home

I'm calling it now, the fix is in,
Luca wins it all
Old 06-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #43
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:
I don't understand the judging at all

Luca's lobster didn't have enough color, it wasn't fresh, it looked like Ramsay had trouble cutting into it

They all seemed to love Katy's, except for the presentation

and yet Kathy is the one who went home

I'm calling it now, the fix is in,
Luca wins it all
I thought only Ramsey said it was like 30 seconds overcooked, but didn't get that it wasn't fresh.... THe other 2 liked it and his salad.. her salad was bad.

I didn't think he had trouble.. he didn't say he did......
Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #44
jamesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChris View Post
I thought only Ramsey said it was like 30 seconds overcooked, but didn't get that it wasn't fresh.... THe other 2 liked it and his salad.. her salad was bad.

I didn't think he had trouble.. he didn't say he did......

I thought his 30 seconds comment was about leaving it on the counter too long

didn't he say something about Luca left t on the counter for 90 seconds before cooking it, so the lobster lost all it's goodness ?

I took that to mean he should have plunged it into the water as soon as possible (or at least 30 seconds sooner)
by waiting so long the lobster had already started to go bad

I don't see how lobster can start to go bad that quickly, but then I don't have a michelin star either

and then when Ramsay started to cut into the lobster he said it should cut like butter
I was watching and thinking, I've never had to press that hard to cut into butter
Old 06-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #45
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Thought I was watching Hell's Kitchen for a second.

I was hoping to see Natasha and her eye brows go...oh well. But Kathy was in over her head. Nice try though. And man, I'm not a lobster fan, but that looked tasty as hell!
Natasha was going a little overboard with that 'you can't call ANY food disgusting' bit. She didn't need to bully the girl. I had a pretty good feeling she (Kathy) was gone. I'd have been happy to see Natasha get the ax, though, just for GPs.

Love how the one team had (and smartly took) the opportunity to trade out that nasty Krissi woman. ha! Seems like whatever team Krissi is on is the team that loses.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #46
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:
I thought his 30 seconds comment was about leaving it on the counter too long

didn't he say something about Luca left t on the counter for 90 seconds before cooking it, so the lobster lost all it's goodness ?
Yeah I just took that as him exaggerating. He's a bit of a drama queen.

Quote:
and then when Ramsay started to cut into the lobster he said it should cut like butter
I was watching and thinking, I've never had to press that hard to cut into butter
He did say a stick of butter.. which is harder than a spreadable butter... who knows... I think he makes stuff up cuz he can. hehe
Old 06-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #47
lambertman
I'm a man, I'm 40

So, were they standing by to go to BurGR the first time they had a four-way tie for last, or did they go into this episode fully intending to do a 4-way tie for last?

I really distrust this show with every fiber of my being, yet I still enjoy it.

and elsewhere
Play-by-play announcer at
lambertman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #48
Squeak
An Inert Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertman View Post
So, were they standing by to go to BurGR the first time they had a four-way tie for last, or did they go into this episode fully intending to do a 4-way tie for last?

Oh, I guarantee it was planned out for that time. Way too much work to set up that kitchen on the roof otherwise.

While it looks suspicious, really all they did was say the top two from the EB challenge were safe. They could have have said it that way, but then it would have lost the "drama".
Old 06-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #49
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

Holy product placement, Batman!

I like this show better than most of the food "reality" stuff, but between Walmart and the contrived Vegas setting, this was a low point. Throw in Natasha and Krissi, and I was cranky when I finished watching.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #50
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertman View Post

This is my first season watching, but it strikes me like any number of these 'skill' type reality shows (ie, Project Runway) where the producers get rid of who they want to, and the product created by the contestants is only auxillary.

That being said, I'm still enjoying it, mostly for the food aspect.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #51
d-dub
Jami's Gameboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
This is my first season watching, but it strikes me like any number of these 'skill' type reality shows (ie, Project Runway) where the producers get rid of who they want to, and the product created by the contestants is only auxillary.

That being said, I'm still enjoying it, mostly for the food aspect.
All of Ramsay's US shows are clearly focused on drama, much of it manufactured, than on the people or talent. Kitchen Nightmares, whatever his restaurant and hotel rescue shows are called, etc. In every one of them, he spends most of his time berating the people, the facility and/or the product, even when the purpose of the show is helping people.

It can be entertaining, as long as you bear in mind that what you're seeing is controlled by the producers and editors, and probably has little resemblance to reality.

Now with improved joystick action!
World's Luckiest Guy (TM)

-- David --
d-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #52
Ruth
Now with toddler

I am enjoying this season less than I have in the past. It used to be my favorite summer show and I would really look forward to it, and now it's kind of meh.

One thing is that the judges' reactions seem more fake and contrived to me. They just seem more over the top and fake. I also didn't like the HK Gordon Ramsay set-up where he was expediting and doing a lot of yelling. (I can't watch HK; I like the warmer and fuzzier MC Ramsay.)

It could be that this season just is less good, or maybe I'm just over it, but actually I think a lot of it is the format change. I really preferred having two 1-hour shows a week to having one 2-hour show. Somehow all the drama and internal recaps and dramatic cuts before every commercial break just doesn't play well for me when it's in a 2-hour block. By the end, I am tired of it and slightly annoyed and ready to do something else. (Obviously, I could just stop after the first ep and watch the second another day, but somehow when the rest of the recording is there I just find myself continuing to watch. Maybe I'll try splitting it up this week and see if I am happier with the show.)
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #53
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Seems like whatever team Krissi is on is the team that loses.
while this is true, I don't think it is because of her

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #54
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
while this is true, I don't think it is because of her
I agree. I just think she brings bad karma because she's so ugly and negative toward others. She fancies herself the superior cook in every way...clearly delusional.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #55
aaronwt
HD Addict

Are they going to keep showing two episodes a week. i like the show but I don't typically want to watch two shows a week. Although I've just aout caught up. I have the last hour from last week to watch. ButI probably won't get to it until after this weeks show has aired.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #56
mattack

Quote:
On The Apprentice, someone gave up their immunity and pretty much immediately got fired.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #57
jeepair

Personally I would never give up the immunity but if someone were confident enough in their skills, go for it. That should NEVER be a reason to fire someone either on MC or Apprentice. Only their results should be cause.

I liked during the burger contest that Luca was calling READY NOW whenever Ramsey called as it put stress on the other team. Too bad he was putting up raw meat. :P
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #58
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepair View Post

I liked during the burger contest that Luca was calling READY NOW whenever Ramsey called as it put stress on the other team. Too bad he was putting up raw meat. :P
he caused the loss in the burger challenge which ended up costing his teammate her spot.
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:23 AM   #59
jeepair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellinj View Post
he caused the loss in the burger challenge which ended up costing his teammate her spot.
They were loosing anyway and it appeared to me that tactic made it closer than it should have been as the other team didn't put up their burgers at the end.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #60
Cearbhaill
I was provoked

Well, that was some drama.
Never saw a contestant shamed into leaving before.