TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
taureah

Re-marry my Tivo and My Book?

Hi all - I have a TiVo Premiere connected with the 1TB MyBook DVR exapnder. It somehow became disconnected from the TiVo when I was not at home. I attempted to re-connect them by powercycling both units, and now the TiVo is acting as if they are no longer married - i.e., prompting me to reformat the expander. I contacted TiVo customer service, who were very kind, but explained that there is nothing that can be done, they must have become "unmarried" when they were disconnected - and my only choice if I want to continue using the expander is to reformat it, losing all the data on it.
Are there are workarounds for this? It is my understanding that the expander will not function as a portable hard drive, so it might be difficult to pull the data off the drive to put somewhere else (not that I even have immediate access to anything that large, as it was 75% full - though I would consider buying something else in order to save my shows)... but do I have any options? Or do I just need to suck it up and do a better job of keeping the animals and children away from the entertainment center? Thanks in advance!
taureah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
supasta

Unfortunately, the TiVo representative was correct here.

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
bshrock

If you do not get the missing Expander message when booting the TiVo without the drive all is lost.
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote