TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
Nomad

Tivo Backups?

My Tivo Premier is about to lose it's drive I think. It seems to hang up occasionally on recordings, I can kick it out to live tv, fast forward (skip 15mins) past the area and then rewind to 1-2mins after the hangup and continue.

At any rate, if I get Tivo to repair it or if I get a new unit, is it possible to backup and restore settings? I don't want to re-program all my season passes and wish lists or up/down settings, etc.

Robert
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
ShayL

You can use kmttg to save your season passes and to restore them on the new tivo.
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
Nomad

Great! Thank you.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayL View Post
You can use kmttg to save your season passes and to restore them on the new tivo.
Didn't know it had that capability. Since I have multiple Tivos I just used the Tivo.com capability to move the passes from one to the other and back again whenever I wanted to change drives.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

Can I backup WLs, Thumbs, Priorities?

Does kmttg retain wish lists, thumb ratings, and SP priorities in its backup? These are my three gripes about using TiVo.com's migration method.
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
My Tivo Premier is about to lose it's drive I think. It seems to hang up occasionally on recordings, I can kick it out to live tv, fast forward (skip 15mins) past the area and then rewind to 1-2mins after the hangup and continue.

At any rate, if I get Tivo to repair it or if I get a new unit, is it possible to backup and restore settings? I don't want to re-program all my season passes and wish lists or up/down settings, etc.

Robert
Have you given any consideration to using the existing free tools to replace the drive yourself? That is the only know method (aside from paying someone else to do it) that will retain everything, including CableCARD pairing.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote