TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
mjgizmo

Arrow TiVo stopped recording suggestions

I have two TiVo boxes, a HD and XL4. Both boxes are connected to a tuning adapter from Time Warner cable and have stopped recording suggestions. I have tried every way to reset and restart the systems and have had no luck. TiVo has even exchanged my XL4 and I still cant get suggestions to record. I'm thinking it has to do with the tuning adapter. i called Time Warner and was told they don't know anything about TiVo suggestions. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, can you give me some suggestions on how to get this issue fixed.

Thanks.
mjgizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgizmo View Post
I have two TiVo boxes, a HD and XL4. Both boxes are connected to a tuning adapter from Time Warner cable and have stopped recording suggestions. I have tried every way to reset and restart the systems and have had no luck. TiVo has even exchanged my XL4 and I still cant get suggestions to record. I'm thinking it has to do with the tuning adapter. i called Time Warner and was told they don't know anything about TiVo suggestions. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, can you give me some suggestions on how to get this issue fixed.

Thanks.
Time Warner is blocking them. Same thing happened to me when I was using Cable Cards and a TA. We sent back the TA and unplugged the CC. Problem solved.
180hr S2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stormspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
mjgizmo

I that the only way to fix the issue? If I unplug the adapter I lose channels and I need the cable card for the boxes to work. Will Time Warner fix the issue if I call and tell them the problem?
mjgizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
steve614
what ru lookin at?

This is a known issue with certain cable providers and their TAs.

If you unplug your TA (from power), your suggestions list should repopulate.
One suggested solution is to put your TA on a lamp timer and have it shut down for a period of 4 hours (at least) at a time when you know the Tivo won't be recording any scheduled programs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
russmd

Same problem but just started after a year of working perfectly. Why?
russmd is offline   Reply With Quote