TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > DVD TiVo Units (Archive)
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
MooreOKalex

Arrow 2 x Toshiba SDH400 post-tornado, Moore, OK

I have two Toshiba SDH400 TiVo units that were recording fine off coaxial cable up until the May 20, 2013 tornado hit our neighborhood in Moore, OK. Now we have moved back into our home and our services are back on (power, Cox cable (non-digital), etc.). I have rebooted, gone through the setup, etc. and neither TiVo will get a Basic Cable In signal. They will both play things recorded, and we have a couple things recorded as late as 2pm on Monday, May 20. Everything seems to work on them except getting the cable signal. Nothing since May 20 has recorded. It tries, then quits as the signal just gives a blank screen behind the notice about no cable. We do get cable again now and can watch it on our televisions, just not via the TiVo. So, we get no buffering, nor any signal to record. Tried re-powering, guided setup, shutting down, unplugging, etc. BOTH of our TiVo units are doing this same thing. Can these be fixed, or is this items to just add to the insurance claim?
MooreOKalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
wml1950

I have used this Toshiba unit in the past and like the model. Try to use a cable box with the Tivo. Then have red, yellow, and white RCA cords go into the tivo. If this works, you can consider using a cable box. Another alternative is trying a over the air adapter box when tv signals changed from analog to digital. You can buy one at Radio Shack, WalMart, etc. Do another guided set up for either of the two alternatives and select using cable box or adapter box. I hope everything improves for you and your fellow residence of Moore.
wml1950 is offline   Reply With Quote