TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #1
dbranco

New episode of "Little People Big World" coming up

There's a new episode of "Little People Big World" coming on March 19th at 10:00 pm called "LPBW: Conquering Challenges".
dbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
sharkster

Thank You!

If it weren't for this board I'd probably miss most of them. I never think to look.

Interesting title, eh? I wonder what this one is about.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
Jayjoans

My guide data says "Conquering Mt. St. Helens"
Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjoans View Post
My guide data says "Conquering Mt. St. Helens"
As does mine. So now we know what it's going to be about, eh?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
dbranco

another new episode tonight: LPBW: Separation Anxiety
Old 06-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
sharkster

No wonder they've been on my mind so much lately! I just kept forgetting to look. Thanks, DB
Old 06-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
dbranco

Some scary news about the Roloffs recently.

Matt Roloff speaks about recent harassment, death threats

Old 06-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #8
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbranco View Post
Some scary news about the Roloffs recently.

Matt Roloff speaks about recent harassment, death threats
Yikes! I hope they catch the person/s. I made the mistake of scrolling down and reading a few comments - yikes again! Too many morons in internetland.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #9
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Not sure if it was new or a repeat but watched an episode last night after not watching for some time now.

Sad to see the two of them pretty much on the road to divorce at this point. It's pretty darn obvious that Matt has no interest in being married to her anymore. He put on the phony "That's a lot to think about" speech for his buddy/camera, and did some lame attempts at acting like he cares about her on the trip, but it seems pretty clear he wants out ASAP.

It's been a few years since we last watched, so where did all the kiddos end up going off to? School? Marriage?? Other?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #10
sharkster

Jeremy and Molly are in college. Zach - I think he just still works in a job about soccer.

Nothing major here, but stuff from the episode in case somebody doesn't want to see it before watching...

Spoiler:
This kind of seemed like a bit of a rerun about Matt and Amy not getting along. He seems so profoundly self-centered that he doesn't even try to meet anybody else half-way. He just won't budge and it was kind of irksome watching them on their 'dates' where he acted like he could not possibly stand to be there another minute. I wanted to slap him.

I used to, a LONG time ago, think that Amy was kind of a shrew. But she always seems to want to do for the family and keep them together and such, while Matt just cares about Matt.

He was giving her a lot of crap about the messy house. Yeah, that's kind of gross but it seems to me that it's always been that way so it's kind of hard to take seriously when somebody suddenly makes it such a big deal after all these years. It's like he's looking for issues to build his case to not be there.

She seems to shut down when he relentlessly pushes her and I can hardly blame her for that. I wouldn't want to live in a messy house either, but I can see her POV as far as not responding well to being pushed around. She did come around.

I feel like he's one of those guys who figures that if he makes one grand (in his mind) gesture every 10 years or so, he is doing his part. Meanwhile, everything is always about him while everybody else makes concessions.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
Jayjoans

I don't buy any of it. Matt and Amy are executive producers on all of these specials, they know exactly what will get people talking and what they need to do to make a nice sellable story arc. If nothing else, Matt is an excellent marketer, parlaying a feel good one time documentary about a couple of little people into an empire. I have no doubt the next special or two will show how far they've come, how much in love they are and they'll ride off on their little ponies into a little people sunset. Then he'll decide to pursue some other crazy idea that will generate yet another special. This just seem too canned to me, and they have total control over everything that goes into the show.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #12
Jayjoans

To further make my point, go to Matt's FB page and take a look. No impending divorce for those two, it's all rainbows and unicorns. Family pictures, exotic trips and glowing comments about his wonderful wife.

https://www.facebook.com/RealMattRoloff