Forum Jump

Old 06-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Warehouse 13, 6/3/13 - S04E15

Warehouse 13, 6/3/13 - S04E15

Season Pass did not pick up tonight's New episode "Instinct"

First Aired Date Missing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 06-03-2013 at 08:03 AM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
Eddief66

I was just about to post about that. It'll show up in your TD list if your SP is set for R&FR.
Eddief66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
HTH
No Avatar Selected

If you miss it, it repeats 2 hours later the same night, and again on Saturday 6/8 at 2 AM/1 AM Central. Just in case you the forum alert gets to you too late.

▘▘▀▌▌▘▀▘▌▘▀▘▙▌▐▖▙▘▙▌▌▘▙▘▙▘▟▘
▛▌▛▌▛▌▙▌▛▌▟▖▌▘▛▌▞▌▌▘▌▖▞▌▞▌▟▘

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.
HTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #4
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Well, that was weird...I thought I had manually set it to record this afternoon, but later I noticed it wasn't on the To Do List. So I definitely set it to record, figuring I had skipped a step earlier or something. Checked the To Do List; it was there. But it didn't record.

So not only did my SP not pick it up, but the TiVo simply refuses to record it under any circumstances.

I've scheduled it again for the 11:00 showing; I'll stay up until then to see what happens.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
busyba
The Funcooker

I literally just saw this just in time to manually start the recording for the midnight showing.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #6
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

The 11:00 showing is now recording, so hopefully I'll wake up in the morning with a nice, complete episode on my TiVo.

Unless it does some indexing mid-episode, realizes that it's recording The Show That Must Not Be Recorded, and stops.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
kdmorse

Whoops... I knew I had something I was supposed to do when I got home...
kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #8
wkearney99
Bill Kearney

Mine missed it too. No idea why. Didn't even show up in the Recording History as being skipped. I just went through the Season Passes list and it was up near the top, with nothing else that would've conflicted with it. I took to time rearrange a couple of them up/down the list. I then manually told it to record the showing of this coming up again on Saturday night.
wkearney99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #9
bobfrank

It was labeled as a repeat on my Tivo. Thanks to the warning here I got it recorded.
bobfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
HTH
No Avatar Selected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Well, that was weird...I thought I had manually set it to record this afternoon, but later I noticed it wasn't on the To Do List. So I definitely set it to record, figuring I had skipped a step earlier or something. Checked the To Do List; it was there. But it didn't record.

So not only did my SP not pick it up, but the TiVo simply refuses to record it under any circumstances.

I've scheduled it again for the 11:00 showing; I'll stay up until then to see what happens.
The Recording History probably says there was no signal. When this happens, I find it's a good idea to find an opportunity to restart the TiVo. Otherwise, there will come a day where every CableCard tuner has no signal. The restart tends to get the CableCard tuners working again.

▘▘▀▌▌▘▀▘▌▘▀▘▙▌▐▖▙▘▙▌▌▘▙▘▙▘▟▘
▛▌▛▌▛▌▙▌▛▌▟▖▌▘▛▌▞▌▌▘▌▖▞▌▞▌▟▘

If you are dissatisfied with your life, return unused portion for partial refund.
HTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
bshrock

"Warehouse 13 - Instinct" was labeled as "NEW" in the upcoming on my Premiere and it was still not recorded. the program is not listed in the recording history to find out why.

TiVo really needs to find a way to FIX this. The Comcast DVR recorded the episode as new without intervention.
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
wkearney99
Bill Kearney

Mine recorded other materials just fine. Defiance was recorded on the same channel just the hour before. Oddly there were NO messages about W13 in the recording history. None, not even the message about not recording it because it was a repeat. It's just like it didn't have a season pass set up for it, but clearly there's one in the season pass list. Very odd.
wkearney99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #13
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTH View Post
The Recording History probably says there was no signal. When this happens, I find it's a good idea to find an opportunity to restart the TiVo. Otherwise, there will come a day where every CableCard tuner has no signal. The restart tends to get the CableCard tuners working again.
No, it says "Not new"...which is strange, because I set it up as a manual recording not once but twice yesterday, and both times it showed up in the To Do list afterward, but then dropped off for no apparent reason.

I know there was reception, because I saw a bit of Warehouse 13 on the screen after Defiance, before I switched over to a recording.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #14
b_scott
TiVo Fan

same thing happened for me. I was very confused.
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #15
stahta01
Simple Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
same thing happened for me. I was very confused.
That episode must have covered a very powerful artifact to cause most, if not all, the TiVos to skip recording it.

Tim S.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #16
b_scott
TiVo Fan

hahaha

Luckily I have other ways to watch, so I have it waiting to watch.
b_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #17
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

DirecTV DVR recorded it with no intervention.

Pretty sure I have it doing First Run Only.
Thinking it usually errs on the side of caution, recording things it isn't quite sure are first run or not.
A headache sometimes, other times a good thing.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #18
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
DirecTV DVR recorded it with no intervention.

Pretty sure I have it doing First Run Only.
Thinking it usually errs on the side of caution, recording things it isn't quite sure are first run or not.
A headache sometimes, other times a good thing.
Yeah, that's why this is so weird. Not only did the SP not pick it up, but the TiVo rejected two attempts to record it manually. I've never seen that happen before! And I've been with TiVo since... (glances at user box) So something unique seemed to be going on.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #19
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Yeah, that's why this is so weird. Not only did the SP not pick it up, but the TiVo rejected two attempts to record it manually. I've never seen that happen before! And I've been with TiVo since... (glances at user box) So something unique seemed to be going on.
My manual recording worked fine.

The issue is that the Episode is missing the First Aired Date, see zap2it:
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/ware...ide/EP01159848

TiVo was smart enough to put a New tag on it, but I think TiVo completely ignores and does not use that info for scheduling.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
Cheezmo

I got lucky and it was in Suggestions!