TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Top Shot ALL STARS (Season 5) - Entire Season

If you've been becuase your Top Shot season pass hasn't been picking up any new episodes, you will probably want to tweak it.

Wednesday, May 29th at 10E/9C, Top Shot All Stars premieres with a cast of returning marksmen/woman, including Gabby Franco . Here's the list of competitors:

Adam Benson Season 1 / 6th
Alex Charvat Season 3 / 5th
Blake Miguez Season 1 / 7th
Brian Zins Season 2 / 2nd
Chee Kwan Season 4 / 6th
Chris Cerino Season 1 / 2nd
Gabby Franco Season 4 / 8th
Gary Quesenberry Season 3 / 3rd
Gregory Littlejohn Season 4 / 2nd
Jamie Franks Season 2 / 5th
Joe Serafini Season 2 / 4th
Kelly Bachand Season 1 / 5th
Kyle Sumpter Season 4 / 5th
Peter Palma Season 1 / 4th
Phil Morden Season 3 / 6th
William Bethards Season 4 / 7th

And a link to the cast page on History's web site: http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/cast

I'm actually really looking forward to this!
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
sieglinde

I like the fact it is shooting only, no teams
Old 05-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Nice!

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Thanks for the heads-up, I would've missed it.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
RainyCity4

My son and I met Kyle Sumpter and he is a boy scout merit badge counselor for Crime Prevention and he invited my son to his police station for a guide of their jail (required by the merit badge).

Suffice to say that he was a VERY nice gentleman and he's exactly who he was on the Top Shot and I'm rooting for him all the way!

Brent
RainyCity4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
Azlen

Looking at the places they finished in, it would be a bit of a reach to call all of them All-Stars but "Players Who Have Already Done This Before" doesn't have the same ring to it. No teams and no nomination range semms promising. I'm looking forward to it.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
RonDawg

Thanks for letting us know! I really like this lineup....I'm glad most of it is made up of the non-drama-queens from previous episodes. Of the few that did slip through, Greg's probably the worst, and he's nothing like George or especially Jake.

I would have liked to see Michele Viscusi again though, just for the entertainment value I would also have loved to see Tara join again; a lot of fans have been wanting her to return after she had to leave and see her father for one last time.
RonDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #8
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Just a bump in case you missed this, in time to set your recording for the premiere.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
sieglinde

glad to see Gabby. Whe was a really neat person and a deadly good shot.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:51 PM   #10
SeanC
ECT

I would also like to say thanks for the reminder that the name is different for this season. If not for this thread I would have missed the premier and maybe more.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
pmyers

This will be my first season of watching. Anybody know if the other seasons are available on Netflix?
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
This will be my first season of watching. Anybody know if the other seasons are available on Netflix?
Doesn't look like it's available for streaming (which is all I have right now). Don't know about DVD.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #13
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Only season 1 is available at Netflix on DVD. Seasons 2-4 are listed as 'Save', so it looks like they haven't been released.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:31 AM   #14
RonDawg

A bit pricey, but all prior episodes should be available on iTunes and maybe Amazon on Demand. Watching the prior episodes gives you a feel of their abilities as well as the way they "play with others."
Old 05-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #15
gschrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDawg View Post
A bit pricey, but all prior episodes should be available on iTunes and maybe Amazon on Demand. Watching the prior episodes gives you a feel of their abilities as well as the way they "play with others."
Looks like they're free for Amazon Prime. I might have to go back and watch season 1 and 2, I think I started watching in season 3.
gschrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #16
HIHZia
Mad Turk

No surprise Littlejohn choked under pressure.

He never would have made it so far last time under this format.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #17
Amnesia
The Question

That one guy wasted no time talking about "ratfinks". Jeez!
Amnesia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #18
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I like how they got rid of the 'voting'. Just send the two people who did the poorest to the challenge. It works well.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #19
vertigo235

Yeah, the politics really annoyed me before, some of the better shooters went home because of the voting thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #20
Unbeliever
Random Nobody

Also interesting how many of the competitors hung out with each other after the season ended, even from different seasons.

--Carlos V.
Unbeliever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
nmiller855

I like that they didn't bring that poor sport coach back. I have a mental block when it comes go his name.
I will enjoy watching these contestants. I recorded it but haven't watched it yet.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #22
RonDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
I like how they got rid of the 'voting'. Just send the two people who did the poorest to the challenge. It works well.
The single biggest improvement in the show. It's the way it should have been all along.

A bit of hypocrisy from some of the contestants though who said this is the way it should have been, rather than the Nomination Range. A few of them, Gunny especially, was very much part of cliques in their respective series that conspired to get rid of the "unpopular" people regardless of skill level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
That one guy wasted no time talking about "ratfinks". Jeez!
That was Adam, and his comment was referring to Kelly Bachand, even though the "current calibre" of people (or whatever BS he mentioned) he claims would likely prevent that from happening. Kelly himself has admitted that perhaps he was a bit immature during the filming of Season 1; clearly he's more grown up more than Adam since that series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
I like that they didn't bring that poor sport coach back. I have a mental block when it comes go his name.
That was Jake (Season 3) and I seriously, seriously doubt he'll ever come back. He's got way too much pride, and IIRC the reason he quit was because they dared voted him into elimination. I'm surprised he even appeared in the Season recap, where he came across as being even more mentally unbalanced.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #23
gschrock

I've got mixed feelings about the "Proving Ground" for deciding the bottom two to go to the challenge. I like that it's not the voting, but at the same time, this very much favors those that are pistol shooters. Anyone that their specialty is more in the rifles, that's a disadvantage for them. The rest of the competition the gun type changes enough that it evens out some of the disparity there, but for it to always be a pistol for that part seems a bit tough.
gschrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #24
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschrock View Post
I've got mixed feelings about the "Proving Ground" for deciding the bottom two to go to the challenge. I like that it's not the voting, but at the same time, this very much favors those that are pistol shooters. Anyone that their specialty is more in the rifles, that's a disadvantage for them. The rest of the competition the gun type changes enough that it evens out some of the disparity there, but for it to always be a pistol for that part seems a bit tough.
Why would it always be pistol, they could use cross-bow, throwing knife, blowgun or other short distance weapons for a challenge.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #25
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by gschrock View Post
I would think that any of these for whom pistol is not their 'specialty', but is going onto the show to compete would at least practice the crap out of it to be able to succeed. I would think someone at that skill level could get good enough. The one area I'll take a step back on that is it didn't seem like they were all aware of that aspect before they got there. A lot different just shooting at a target with someone's name on it than actually shooting a 'closest to dead center' deal with a pistol.

That's just one man's opinion, though.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #26
sieglinde

I prefer skill based reality shows with minimal politics. The pace was fast and they made a sport where there is not a lot of visible action into something interesting. I thought the excessive explosions in the grenade launcher competition was a nice touch even though the rounds were obviously inert.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #27
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
I thought the excessive explosions in the grenade launcher competition was a nice touch even though the rounds were obviously inert.
The problem with that is all the smoke. It can hide your next target, or as seen last year or the year before, your opponent's.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #28
sieglinde

But to me that was a part of the challenge
Old 06-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #29
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
But to me that was a part of the challenge
Depending on the wind it isn't fair though. Previously when we've seen this challenge the wind was blowing left to right. This was HUGE advantage to the guy on the left. As soon as his target exploded the wind took the smoke away... and covered his opponent's targets. Not fair play.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #30
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Ya, but you have to remeber it was Littlejohn shooting, so I'm not really sure how much the smoke had to do with it! LOL

(But, yes, I do understand it's quite a disadvantage to no be able to see your targets. )