TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #5251
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
But do you have the new 20.3.1.x software on your series 4 TiVo? (It's the new series 4 software that apparently broke transfer from pause point).
Nope, only a S3. Mattack said both his S3 and P wasn't transferring. So, I was thinking maybe he was using curl instead of Java.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #5252
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
You don't have to move everything just to get downloads...
From my understanding there won't be any more write capabilities to existing projects which would include Wiki pages, Issues, source code control, etc, but perhaps I misread.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #5253
az1097

Quote:
1. Update to latest version (not required but recommended)
2. Since you have a series 3 unit make sure that under Configure->Tivos that "Enable iPad style communications with this Tivo" is turned off. Sounds like you have that setting enabled.
That's what the problem was...Thanks moyekj.

I did notice another issue after adding a Premiere and later changing its name through the Tivo menus, if "look for Tivos on network" is checked, kmttg will show both the old and the new names as two units with the same IP address. How would I get rid of the old name for good?
az1097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #5254
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by az1097 View Post
That's what the problem was...Thanks moyekj.

I did notice another issue after adding a Premiere and later changing its name through the Tivo menus, if "look for Tivos on network" is checked, kmttg will show both the old and the new names as two units with the same IP address. How would I get rid of the old name for good?
If you haven't rebooted your TiVo since changing its name then you need to do that. There's an old TiVo bug where a TiVo with a changed name will announce itself as both old and new name until rebooted. Once that is done then in kmttg under config-Tivos tab you can just remove from there and since rebooted TiVo won't broadcast old name it won't show up again in kmttg.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #5255
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
You don't have to move everything just to get downloads...
Quote:
From my understanding there won't be any more write capabilities to existing projects which would include Wiki pages, Issues, source code control, etc, but perhaps I misread.
I did misread it since it only mentions "Downloads" being disabled. Still would rather not have a disjointed setup.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #5256
mlippert

Wink

Quote:
I've started migration to SourceForge already
moyekj, it doesn't look that dire actually.

1st:
Quote:
Existing projects with downloads will see no visible changes until January 14, 2014 and will no longer have the ability to create new downloads starting on January 15, 2014.
So you've got over 6 months before you're shut off.

And then google just suggests using google Drive, and that seems like it provides plenty of space and isn't that tough to set up.
https://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/DownloadsFAQ

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it.
mlippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #5257
az1097

Quote:
If you haven't rebooted your TiVo since changing its name then you need to do that. There's an old TiVo bug where a TiVo with a changed name will announce itself as both old and new name until rebooted. Once that is done then in kmttg under config-Tivos tab you can just remove from there and since rebooted TiVo won't broadcast old name it won't show up again in kmttg.
I have rebooted the Tivo after the name change by the Tivo menu, it also rebooted just two days ago after receiving the new update and still both names appear. Would a reboot by unplugging make a difference?
Old 05-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #5258
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
I had that issue once, and you simply go into the Configuration and under the Tivos tab, select and delete the Tivo listed with the old name.

~~~~~

Old 05-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #5259
az1097

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I had that issue once, and you simply go into the Configuration and under the Tivos tab, select and delete the Tivo listed with the old name.
I know of this option but would like to know if the old name can be eliminated for good.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #5260
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
I know of this option but would like to know if the old name can be eliminated for good.
Yes it is, as long as the old name on the tivo does not exist any more.

~~~~~

Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #5261
az1097

Quote:
Yes it is, as long as the old name on the tivo does not exist any more.
The question is how to make the Tivo clear out the old name.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #5262
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
The question is how to make the Tivo clear out the old name.
Make Tivo connection, it might need a reboot after all its processing. The Tivo name is listed in the System Information screen.

~~~~~

Old 05-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #5263
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

When I have "Allow only 1 download at a time" checked, shouldn't it be for just 1 download at a time and allows other jobs such as decrypt, QSFix, encode to execute?

I find it will do 1 job (decrypt, or qsfix, etc.) then a downloads starts and afterwards, it will not do another job until the download completes.

~~~~~

Old 05-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #5264
moyekj

Quote:
When I have "Allow only 1 download at a time" checked, shouldn't it be for just 1 download at a time and allows other jobs such as decrypt, QSFix, encode to execute?

I find it will do 1 job (decrypt, or qsfix, etc.) then a downloads starts and afterwards, it will not do another job until the download completes.
Yes looking at the code I see that if you have more than 1 download queued up and have that option turned on that all queued up jobs are prevented from starting until current download completes which is behavior you are seeing. I'll have to modify the logic to apply it to download jobs only as it should be.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #5265
az1097

Quote:
I have rebooted the Tivo after the name change by the Tivo menu, it also rebooted just two days ago after receiving the new update and still both names appear. Would a reboot by unplugging make a difference?
Old 05-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #5266
moyekj

Quote:
When you login to your tivo.com account does it show the same name new name you changed it to? There must still be 2 different MDNS broadcasts with different names & same IP happening on your network. Maybe under kmttg config-Tivos tab try enabling "Detect with TiVo Beacon instead of Bonjour" instead to see what happens. Or if you have static IP settings for you TiVos you can just disable "Look for Tivos on the network" completely for now so you don't have to deal with it.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #5267
moyekj

v1p0a version released

v1p0a version just released.

Note that starting with this version you can now update kmttg installation directly from kmttg using Help->Update kmttg... menu entry.

For Windows and Mac platforms you can also install the latest tools zip file from kmttg using Help->Update tools... menu entry.

In addition to the ability to self update there are a few bug fixes and changes included in this version.

NOTE: I'm transitioning kmttg from googlecode to sourceforge since Google Downloads are scheduled to be shut down for any new downloads. So in the future please use the new kmttg home to look for information & files:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmttg/

SourceForge Download link: kmttg_v1p0a.zip

Consult release_notes Wiki for all the details.

I've updated Google site also to contain this version for the benefit of those that don't know about the sourceforge site yet and so they can get this new version of kmttg with self updating capabilities to make it easy to get new versions going forwards.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #5268
cherry ghost

Did something change with Atomic Parsley? --TVEpisode and --TVEpisodeNum used to have the same value. This is from a recent encode

--TVEpisode 424 --TVEpisodeNum 24 --tracknum 424 --TVSeasonNum 4

In the past, --TVEpisodeNum would also be 424
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #5269
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry ghost View Post
Did something change with Atomic Parsley? --TVEpisode and --TVEpisodeNum used to have the same value. This is from a recent encode

--TVEpisode 424 --TVEpisodeNum 24 --tracknum 424 --TVSeasonNum 4

In the past, --TVEpisodeNum would also be 424
Yes. By request from AppleTV users (plus logically matching what that atom represents). From release notes:
"Updated AtomicParsley run such that --TVEpisodeNum argument is just the episode # without season # for correct display by AppleTV and the like."

Old 05-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #5270
cherry ghost

Quote:
Yes. By request from AppleTV users (plus logically matching what that atom represents). From release notes:
"Updated AtomicParsley run such that --TVEpisodeNum argument is just the episode # without season # for correct display by AppleTV and the like."
Ugh, now I have to rerun AP on everything I've encoded so that it sorts properly in iTunes
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:03 AM   #5271
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
BTW, I posted about the transfer from paused point being broken on Tivo's forum, because I can't even do it between my Tivo HD & Premiere 4 anymore.

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/for...ostID=11101307
It's a nasty bug for series 4 TiVos since not only do transfers not work, but it puts TiVo http server in "server busy" mode perpetually until rebooted. Since it's badly broken with 20.3.1 software I've updated code for next release to just ignore 'Resume Downloads' option for series 4 units (with a warning to that effect). Still useful to have for those with series 3 units which is why I didn't remove the option completely.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #5272
mattack

Quote:
Nope, only a S3. Mattack said both his S3 and P wasn't transferring. So, I was thinking maybe he was using curl instead of Java.
No, I was saying that transferring *FROM* my Premiere TO my TivoHD with transfer from paused point was broken.

(Sorry, haven't fully kept up with the thread, if this was clarified later, sorry.. I will probably check this thread out again later today.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #5273
mattack

Quote:
It's a nasty bug for series 4 TiVos since not only do transfers not work, but it puts TiVo http server in "server busy" mode perpetually until rebooted. Since it's badly broken with 20.3.1 software I've updated code for next release to just ignore 'Resume Downloads' option for series 4 units (with a warning to that effect). Still useful to have for those with series 3 units which is why I didn't remove the option completely.
Actually, I'm not sure about that server busy issue.. That it's perpetual that is.

My P4 rebooted last night (after getting into a weird 'hung' situation a few times.. it would keep recording of course, and DID at least once eventually go back into Live TV.. then would react to some remote presses -- but eventually got back into hung mode -- and like many Tivos, if you hit enough remote keys when it's hung, it eventually reboots).. But ANYWAY.. Before that, I'm *almost* positive that over a few days, I was able to transfer a few things from my P4 *on the same boot* as trying resume from paused point in kmttg. I'd say I'm even MORE sure that it was the same boot as trying to resume from paused point from my TivoHD too.

Though I also remember that I *did* get some kind of error shown in kmttg (maybe it was server busy).. the kind that you THINK will just keep repeating.. But on the retry, it started downloading fine.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #5274
moyekj

When I tested yesterday with my 2 tuner Premiere with 20.3.1 software I tried both Java and Curl modes and could no longer download anything after attempting Resume Downloads. After multiple reboots and tries without any luck I concluded it's best to turn off that feature for series 4 units since even if it does not kill the http server it doesn't work anyway.
From my experiments it looks like MRV resume between series 4 units still works OK and MRS resume I use all the time and know it works fine. I don't have a series 3 unit plugged in anymore to test with.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #5275
mlippert

Quote:
I concluded it's best to turn off that feature for series 4 units since even if it does not kill the http server it doesn't work anyway.
Yeah, that sounds wise. I wonder if this is an issue for TivoDesktop as well since I *think* it also supported transfer from pause point.

I guess it'll be worth testing again to see if it's fixed after the next update to the Premiere, whenever that happens.
mlippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #5276
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlippert View Post
Yeah, that sounds wise. I wonder if this is an issue for TivoDesktop as well since I *think* it also supported transfer from pause point.
I'm pretty sure TiVo Desktop never supported this, at least not the times that I explored it.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #5277
species8472jj

Auto Transfers not working

Unfortunately, I had a computer crash, and I nearly have everything back up and running.

I really like the KMTTG software, and I especially love the auto transfers feature which is why I need help getting it up and running.

I am using Windows 7 and have version v1p0a of KMTTG.

The program is downloading the program fine off my TiVo but it seems to crash when it moves on to the next step (decrypt).

Below is an except from the log file which I hope is helpful. If anyone can offer any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

2013_05_28_09:14:46 ERROR: qsfix failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\KMTTG\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "C:\Users\Jim\Videos\Mega Disasters - Oil Apocalypse (05_29_2013).TiVo" "C:\Users\Jim\Videos\Mega Disasters - Oil Apocalypse (05_29_2013).ts.qsfix" /l:C:\KMTTG\VRDLock4304613647741015657.tmp /c:mpegts /v:mpeg2video /x:1280 /y:720
2013_05_28_09:14:46 ERROR: C:\KMTTG\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs(61, 4) WScript.CreateObject: Could not create object named "VideoReDo.VideoReDoSilent".
species8472jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #5278
moyekj

Take a look at VideoRedo_configuration Wiki page.
2 important things:
1. Make sure kmttg service is running using your account, not default Windows account
2. Make sure you bring up the VideoRedo GUI at least once using same account (with Admin privileges) so it registers itself so WScript can find it.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #5279
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by species8472jj View Post
Unfortunately, I had a computer crash, and I nearly have everything back up and running.

I really like the KMTTG software, and I especially love the auto transfers feature which is why I need help getting it up and running.

I am using Windows 7 and have version v1p0a of KMTTG.

The program is downloading the program fine off my TiVo but it seems to crash when it moves on to the next step (decrypt).

Below is an except from the log file which I hope is helpful. If anyone can offer any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

2013_05_28_09:14:46 ERROR: qsfix failed (exit code: 0 ) - check command: C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe //nologo C:\KMTTG\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs "C:\Users\Jim\Videos\Mega Disasters - Oil Apocalypse (05_29_2013).TiVo" "C:\Users\Jim\Videos\Mega Disasters - Oil Apocalypse (05_29_2013).ts.qsfix" /l:C:\KMTTG\VRDLock4304613647741015657.tmp /c:mpegts /v:mpeg2video /x:1280 /y:720
2013_05_28_09:14:46 ERROR: C:\KMTTG\VRDscripts\qsfix.vbs(61, 4) WScript.CreateObject: Could not create object named "VideoReDo.VideoReDoSilent".
Quote:
Take a look at VideoRedo_configuration Wiki page.
2 important things:
1. Make sure kmttg service is running using your account, not default Windows account
2. Make sure you bring up the VideoRedo GUI at least once using same account (with Admin privileges) so it registers itself accordingly.
What I was thinking was, his KMTTG wasn't setup properly for VRD.

~~~~~

Old 05-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #5280
christheman

Quote:
When I tested yesterday with my 2 tuner Premiere with 20.3.1 software I tried both Java and Curl modes and could no longer download anything after attempting Resume Downloads. After multiple reboots and tries without any luck I concluded it's best to turn off that feature for series 4 units since even if it does not kill the http server it doesn't work anyway.
From my experiments it looks like MRV resume between series 4 units still works OK and MRS resume I use all the time and know it works fine. I don't have a series 3 unit plugged in anymore to test with.
I was just wondering if you or anyone else have actually downloaded a "partial" file since the 20.3.1 upgrade. Does the Tivo still have this glitch, or might that have been corrected at the source?

I know, I'm feeling optimistic this evening.
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote