Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #31
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyscholes View Post
From what I understand, the Mini can only attach to 4 channel Tivos.
True, it can only attach to the 4 tuner, but then it can watch from any of the networked TiVos via the home screen on the main TiVo. It's working properly for me now, it seems to have just taken several hours for it all to gel.

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #32
fjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
True, it can only attach to the 4 tuner, but then it can watch from any of the networked TiVos via the home screen on the main TiVo. It's working properly for me now, it seems to have just taken several hours for it all to gel.
So, if i have two Premiere XL4's (let's call them Living Room and Study), and I connect my Mini to the one in the Study, I can still watch shows using that Mini that were recorded on the Living Room TiVo?

I had thought for some reason I was restricted to only recordings that are on the XL4 that the Mini is connecting to.
fjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #33
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjc View Post
So, if i have two Premiere XL4's (let's call them Living Room and Study), and I connect my Mini to the one in the Study, I can still watch shows using that Mini that were recorded on the Living Room TiVo?
Yes.

Quote:
I had thought for some reason I was restricted to only recordings that are on the XL4 that the Mini is connecting to.
No.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote