TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #31
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyscholes View Post
From what I understand, the Mini can only attach to 4 channel Tivos.
True, it can only attach to the 4 tuner, but then it can watch from any of the networked TiVos via the home screen on the main TiVo. It's working properly for me now, it seems to have just taken several hours for it all to gel.
__________________
-HeatherA

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #32
fjc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
True, it can only attach to the 4 tuner, but then it can watch from any of the networked TiVos via the home screen on the main TiVo. It's working properly for me now, it seems to have just taken several hours for it all to gel.
So, if i have two Premiere XL4's (let's call them Living Room and Study), and I connect my Mini to the one in the Study, I can still watch shows using that Mini that were recorded on the Living Room TiVo?

I had thought for some reason I was restricted to only recordings that are on the XL4 that the Mini is connecting to.
fjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #33
moyekj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 9,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjc View Post
So, if i have two Premiere XL4's (let's call them Living Room and Study), and I connect my Mini to the one in the Study, I can still watch shows using that Mini that were recorded on the Living Room TiVo?
Yes.

Quote:
I had thought for some reason I was restricted to only recordings that are on the XL4 that the Mini is connecting to.
No.
__________________
Roamio Pro, Elite, Premiere
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |