TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #1
Ckought

TiVo Mini Streaming computer files - Flingo Desktop

I've played around with it some, and it works. It can stream videos from your computer to your TiVo Mini. The controls are limited (haven't figured out FF / RW yet).

https://github.com/Flingo/Flingo/downloads

Premiere 4 2TB
Premiere 4 2TB
TiVo Mini
TiVo Mini
TiVo Stream
TiVo HD 2TB
TiVo HD 2TB
(this is getting out of control)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ckought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
innocentfreak

Flingo is also the company that does the web video launchpad. I wonder if there is any relation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
Ckought

Same thing. The videos you load into Flingo Desktop are watched on the TiVo through the Launchpad.

Premiere 4 2TB
Premiere 4 2TB
TiVo Mini
TiVo Mini
TiVo Stream
TiVo HD 2TB
TiVo HD 2TB

Old 05-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
bradleys
It'll be fine....

Anywhere I can read what his software does?
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #5
moyekj

I tried this briefly but didn't have any luck. Installed Flingo Desktop on my Windows machine and asked it to fling an h.264 video. Then started Launchpad on my Premiere and went to "Fling Queue" but didn't see anything there and not sure how these would link up in the 1st place. Obviously I must be missing how to link Flingo Desktop with the Fling Queue.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
Ckought

I think it's limited on file types. I've been able to "fling" mpg files. I think it's still a work-in-progress, but does show a proof-of-concept that streaming files from a computer to a TiVo is technically possible -- just need someone with a programming back ground that knows the inner working of TiVo to take the code apart and see what can be done to improve it.

Premiere 4 2TB
Premiere 4 2TB
TiVo Mini
TiVo Mini
TiVo Stream
TiVo HD 2TB
TiVo HD 2TB

Old 05-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
dosirrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I tried this briefly but didn't have any luck. Installed Flingo Desktop on my Windows machine and asked it to fling an h.264 video. Then started Launchpad on my Premiere and went to "Fling Queue" but didn't see anything there and not sure how these would link up in the 1st place. Obviously I must be missing how to link Flingo Desktop with the Fling Queue.
They link up by being on the same network. Or more accurately by sharing the same public IP. Most homes have only 1 public IP address.

I use it regularly with my Vizio to watch files I download. Most H.264 files will play on it, but I use the OS X automator script so I just right(two-finger)-click in the Finder on a file and select "fling to front of queue..." and it appears in the queue on the TV. It is a bit annoying to navigate to the TV's Queue, but my TV doesn't have a better way to get files to the TV without walking up to it and plugging in an HDMI cable.
dosirrah is offline   Reply With Quote