TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
allan
I survived the Mayan

Goodbye, poor Tivo

It looks like my ancient DirecTivo (I bought it from Weaknees way back in 2007) has bit the big one. I phoned DirecTV, and after going through the support routine (is it plugged in, etc) to no results, they're shipping me a new receiver. They didn't say what kind, and I didn't ask, but I doubt it will be a Tivo.

BEEP
allan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
allan
I survived the Mayan

That went well. When I talked to Direct on the phone, it sounded like I'd have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to get the new DVR, but it was sitting on my porch late Saturday morning! As I expected, it was a DirecTV DVR, not a Tivo, and I'm still figuring out how to use the durn thing (naturally, they didn't send a FM to R ). So far, it seems okay.

BEEP
allan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
litzdog911
TechKnow Guide

What model DVR did you get? Look for the label behind the front panel access card door.

You can find manuals at DirecTV's web site under Technical Support.
HR10-250 HD DVR 400GB (v6.4a)
H21-200 HD Receiver
R10 DVR 160GB (v6.4a)
litzdog911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
celtic pride

If i was you i would of at least asked them to upgrade you to the new GENIE hr44 dvr! knowing directv they probably sent you an hr 20,and at the very least they should of sent you an hr24.
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic pride View Post
If i was you i would of at least asked them to upgrade you to the new GENIE hr44 dvr! knowing directv they probably sent you an hr 20,and at the very least they should of sent you an hr24.
Don't you just LOVE negative posts!!!

Firstly, the HR44 is not available except for a few markets yet. Secondly, the HR34/44 is NOT a DVR per say, it's a home media hub and only available for multi-TV installations. It will not be sent out as a DVR replacement.

Finally, the HR20 has not been issued for some time now - and I will almost guarantee that it WAS an HR24 or, at the very least, an HR23.

Why bash D* just for the sake of it?
Old 05-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
jnt412

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan View Post
It looks like my ancient DirecTivo (I bought it from Weaknees way back in 2007) has bit the big one. I phoned DirecTV, and after going through the support routine (is it plugged in, etc) to no results, they're shipping me a new receiver. They didn't say what kind, and I didn't ask, but I doubt it will be a Tivo.
Bad hard drive.. ?.. Power Supply?...

The amount of dust these receivers collect is amazing. A few good puffs from a air compressor can do wonders..
jnt412 is offline   Reply With Quote