TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #5221
mattack

This *MAY* be a false alarm, but has anybody who has gotten the latest update (see the thread in the Premiere section) gotten "pause points" to show up in kmttg?

I got the update this morning (it must have auto-rebooted sometime between 6 and 7, since I was woken up by the Tivo animation at about 7... and my TV volume was really low, that video must have volume way high)...

anyway, I tried several times to have kmttg show me that it received a pause point for the tonight show episode it recorded yesterday (so I can save off just the musical guest).. and I did several refreshes in kmttg and several "re-pause, then hit Tivo, or hit left" steps.. and kmttg never saw a pause point.

Again, maybe a false alarm, but I hope nothing has changed on this front.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #5222
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
This *MAY* be a false alarm, but has anybody who has gotten the latest update (see the thread in the Premiere section) gotten "pause points" to show up in kmttg?

I got the update this morning (it must have auto-rebooted sometime between 6 and 7, since I was woken up by the Tivo animation at about 7... and my TV volume was really low, that video must have volume way high)...

anyway, I tried several times to have kmttg show me that it received a pause point for the tonight show episode it recorded yesterday (so I can save off just the musical guest).. and I did several refreshes in kmttg and several "re-pause, then hit Tivo, or hit left" steps.. and kmttg never saw a pause point.

Again, maybe a false alarm, but I hope nothing has changed on this front.
From my experiments shows that do have pause points set are being shown as such via kmttg. i.e. If I click on a show with a pause point in GUI I see "PAUSE POINT: x%" in the message window.

However, it looks like with this software update for series 4 TiVos attempting Resume Downloads fails for me and then subsequent download attempts give me "Server Busy" that I have to reboot the TiVo to recover from.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #5223
mattack

Yes, I know about the pause point % info.. That's what I meant, sorry, I wasn't clear..

Bummer.. so I hope this isn't an unsolvable problem (being able to still have resume downloads work).

Oh, I misunderstood.. you ARE seeing pause point info being shown... so it must be on my end.. I'll try some more shows/attempts. I definitely have a pause point SET (hitting play starts at that point).. it just wasn't shown in kmttg and it seemed to be downloading the whole show (as expected if it didn't have pause info).. and yes, I do have resume turned on.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #5224
moyekj

Quote:
Oh, I misunderstood.. you ARE seeing pause point info being shown... so it must be on my end.. I'll try some more shows/attempts. I definitely have a pause point SET (hitting play starts at that point).. it just wasn't shown in kmttg and it seemed to be downloading the whole show (as expected if it didn't have pause info).. and yes, I do have resume turned on.
Simply click on a show in table and look for PAUSE POINT in the message window to see if it has a pause point set. If you are sure you have a pause point set on a show on the TiVo then refresh listings in kmttg and then click on the show when refresh completes and you should see it there. That part still looks OK for me. The problem is the http server for series 4 TiVos doesn't seem to accept byte range information anymore needed to support resume downloads. (Can't say I'm too surprised as TiVo never officially supported that functionality anyway via TiVo Desktop or any other means so it's not something they would test for).

Old 05-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #5225
christheman

Quote:
Yes, I know about the pause point % info.. That's what I meant, sorry, I wasn't clear..

Bummer.. so I hope this isn't an unsolvable problem (being able to still have resume downloads work).

Yup, just tried that myself and confirmed. Initial click on movie or show episode won't display pause point in bottom frame if KMTTG was running prior to Tivo being paused. All you need to do is click Refresh button in KMTTG, then click the show you have paused and it should list it below with the phrase "PAUSE POINT" (in caps). Then you can use "Resume Download."

Also be sure your destination directory does not have an existing file with the same filename. Rename the existing file to also say something like "part 1", so that this resumed download can proceed.

Last edited by christheman : 05-17-2013 at 05:50 PM.
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #5226
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
1st make sure under File-Config-Programs that you have full path to ProjectX.jar configured. Then the "QS Fix" task should be available for use in the main kmttg window which signifies to use ProjectX for fixing issues with mpeg2 files. Just enable it along with other tasks you wish to perform.
Thanks I thought their was something special that had to done for it work.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:35 AM   #5227
mattack

This isn't related to the new Tivo software, but over the past day or so, I've sometimes been seeing this failure
/tmp/script7634371541353850436.tmp: line 1: chcp: command not found

Right now, it *was* with me attempting a resumed download, which we now know doesn't work anymore. But I saw it yesterday at least, and AFAIK, it was only this morning when my Tivo rebooted and updated (I have no other evidence I had a power outage for example).

I don't seem to have changed any settings to accidentally call a new tool.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:31 AM   #5228
moyekj

Quote:
This isn't related to the new Tivo software, but over the past day or so, I've sometimes been seeing this failure
/tmp/script7634371541353850436.tmp: line 1: chcp: command not found

Right now, it *was* with me attempting a resumed download, which we now know doesn't work anymore. But I saw it yesterday at least, and AFAIK, it was only this morning when my Tivo rebooted and updated (I have no other evidence I had a power outage for example).

I don't seem to have changed any settings to accidentally call a new tool.
It's a bug that's already been fixed for next release. This is a command only supposed to be part of the Windows script (for international character support in file names in Windows scripts) that is getting included in Mac & Unix scripts for curl-based combined download/decrypt. Other than that message I don't believe it's causing and failures though. If you really are bothered by it switch to Java downloads and you won't see it.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #5229
skisail

Quote:
Not sure I understand exactly what you are doing or what you are asking, but looks like installation is a mess. I would start over:
* Download kmttg_v0p9r.zip
* Right click on the zip file and choose to extract to folder kmttg_0p9r
* Now navigate to the kmttg_0p9r folder and double click on kmttg.jar to launch the program. Let the tool download the tools and enter your 10 digit MAK.

I guess I need to update my windows installation instructions as seems like many new users don't know how to extract zip file to either a new folder or overriding files in an existing folder.
I believe there's a place for "kmttg for dummies". (windows 8 doesn't help either). there are numerous places where I don't know the benefit of one choice over another, ie, encoding profiles; config choices; autorun; among others.
if understanding my confusion would help, please let me know.
dave
skisail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #5230
moyekj

Season Pass Copy now works for shows not in guide

FYI, with this latest "Spring update" (20.3.1.x version) for series 4 units it appears that one can now copy over Season Passes for shows without any episodes in the guide. Previously the TiVo would refuse to schedule such Season Passes. Now it will schedule them without errors. So now it looks like kmttg Season Pass backups are fully functional which should prove very handy going forwards.

Last edited by moyekj : 05-19-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #5231
scsiguy72
OTA Only..Free TV

KMTTG has worked perfect for me for the last 2 + years and it has always been quick and easy to use. About 2 weeks ago I tried to use it and it failed. This is the exit code (Displayed in Red)

I have two tivos and I can get the now playing list from each one, but shows will not transfer. I re installed everything and still get the error. Any ideas of what I should try next?

>> DOWNLOADING J:\pythos\Leave It to Beaver - Perfect Father (05_20_2013).TiVo ...
J:\pythos\curl\curl.exe --retry 3 --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar J:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie6112276979614175626.tm p --url http://192.168.1.102:80/download/Lea...ing&id=3815963 --output "J:\pythos\Leave It to Beaver - Perfect Father (05_20_2013).TiVo"
J:\pythos\Leave It to Beaver - Perfect Father (05_20_2013).TiVo: size=0.00 MB elapsed=0:00:00 (0.00 Mbps)
<h2>Bad Request</h2>
Download failed to file: J:\pythos\Leave It to Beaver - Perfect Father (05_20_2013).TiVo
Exit code: 0
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

0 31 0 31 0 0 340 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 340
0 31 0 31 0 0 340 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
0 39 0 39 0 0 196 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 196
Leave It to Beaver - Perfect Father (05_20_2013).TiVo: Too many failed downloads, GIVING UP!!

Last edited by scsiguy72 : 05-21-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: edited to include the full error message
scsiguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #5232
moyekj

Try Java Downloads: File->Configure->Program Options->Use Java for downloads instead of curl

Old 05-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #5233
scsiguy72
OTA Only..Free TV

Quote:
Try Java Downloads: File->Configure->Program Options->Use Java for downloads instead of curl
That seems to have done it. It is currently downloading and I assume everything else will work. Was "Use Java instead of Curl" something documented that I missed?

I always try to read as much as I can before I ask....Thanks for the help

scsiguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #5234
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsiguy72 View Post
That seems to have done it. It is currently downloading and I assume everything else will work. Was "Use Java instead of Curl" something documented that I missed?

It started when a cookie expired back a few months Ago. (Note in my signature.)
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #5235
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
It started when a cookie expired back a few months Ago. (Note in my signature.)
curl based one is supposed to work as well and apparently does for most using it, but some are having trouble for whatever reason. It may be related to doing away with cookie file in favor of just the bogus "--cookie sid=abc" argument. Perhaps I need to put back "--cookie-jar cookieFile" as well as used to be in place.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #5236
lpwcomp

Quote:
curl based one is supposed to work as well and apparently does for most using it, but some are having trouble for whatever reason. It may be related to doing away with cookie file in favor of just the bogus "--cookie sid=abc" argument. Perhaps I need to put back "--cookie-jar cookieFile" as well as used to be in place.
According to the log he posted, his invocation of curl is using a cookie file in "J:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Temp\cookie6112276979614175626.t m"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsiguy72 View Post

Are you using the latest version of kmttg?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #5237
moyekj

Good catch, I didn't notice that. Yes he must be running an older version of kmttg that doesn't have the curl workaround applied. scsiguy72, you should update to latest version.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #5238
christheman

Another idea I had

moyekj, I had another idea for you. In the output window at the bottom, when downloads are completed, there is a blue text string that is formatted like this:

Code:
[file path] [filename] [file size (MB)] [elapsed time]
With regards to the job status bar graph, I'm imagining having the last displayed percentage value for the bar graph added to that text string, so I don't need to keep an eye on the bar graph.

So perhaps format it something like this:

Code:
[file path] [filename] [file size (MB)] [elapsed time] [final percentage completed]
While a normal download might end at around 96% or so, it is statistically less probable that a file with errors would make it that far.

This would become especially useful for detecting additional discrepancies on Resumed Downloads. So while it is expected that a Resumed Download will take you from the Pause Point all the way to the end of the file, this could be useful in determining whether or not the "resumed" part of the file is likely to be complete.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by christheman : 05-21-2013 at 06:20 PM.
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #5239
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer

Heads up for Google Code users! Google is disabling hosted file downloads from Google Code projects:
https://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/WhatsNew
http://google-opensource.blogspot.co...d-service.html

Quote:
Downloads were implemented by Project Hosting on Google Code to enable open source projects to make their files available for public download. Unfortunately, downloads have become a source of abuse with a significant increase in incidents recently. Due to this increasing misuse of the service and a desire to keep our community safe and secure, we are deprecating downloads.
More detail at the links above.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #5240
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotek View Post
Heads up for Google Code users! Google is disabling hosted file downloads from Google Code projects:

Wow, that really blows, thanks for the heads up. Guess I have until Jan 2014 to find a free alternative. Never cared much for SourceForge but may have to go back to it.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #5241
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Google is disabling hosted file downloads from Google Code projects
GitHub did the same thing recently.

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #5242
az1097

Recently everytime I refresh my Tivo HD using version v0p9q, it does refresh the show list but I get a message:
"Remotelnit - (IP=************, port=*****): Connection timed out: connect"
How do I resolve this? Thanks.
az1097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:14 AM   #5243
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by az1097 View Post
Recently everytime I refresh my Tivo HD using version v0p9q, it does refresh the show list but I get a message:
It doesn't help but hinders assistance when we need the vital info.

I suspect from RemoteInit that its a network remote command and you have not enabled "Network Remote Control" in the Tivo/Settings menu.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Old 05-23-2013, 01:39 AM   #5244
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by az1097 View Post
1. Update to latest version (not required but recommended)
2. Since you have a series 3 unit make sure that under Configure->Tivos that "Enable iPad style communications with this Tivo" is turned off. Sounds like you have that setting enabled.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:05 AM   #5245
mattack

BTW, I posted about the transfer from paused point being broken on Tivo's forum, because I can't even do it between my Tivo HD & Premiere 4 anymore.

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/for...ostID=11101307
Old 05-23-2013, 03:11 AM   #5246
moyekj

Quote:
BTW, I posted about the transfer from paused point being broken on Tivo's forum, because I can't even do it between my Tivo HD & Premiere 4 anymore.

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/for...ostID=11101307
So MRV resume from series 4 TiVo to a series 3 TiVo doesn't work either? If that's a bug TiVo fixes then perhaps resume downloads will work again too.
(I retired my S3 unit so I can't test it myself).

Old 05-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #5247
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
It still works for me on KMTTG vers. v0p9i, with Java Downloads enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TivoHD
>> RESUMING DOWNLOAD WITH OFFSET=3772252160 i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon - - - 2013.05.22-12.00.TiVo ...
ht tp://192.168.1.123:80/download/KPIX%205%20News%20at%20Noon.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id= 1796777
i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon - - - 2013.05.22-12.00.TiVo: size=254.19 MB elapsed=0:05:26 (6.54 Mbps)
---DONE--- job=javadownload output=i:\video\KPIX 5 News at Noon - - - 2013.05.22-12.00.TiVo
It is only 250mb because it had only about 5 min of recorded time left after the paused point.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

Last edited by ThAbtO : 05-23-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #5248
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
It still works for me on KMTTG vers. v0p9i, with Java Downloads enabled.
But do you have the new 20.3.1.x software on your series 4 TiVo? (It's the new series 4 software that apparently broke transfer from pause point).

Old 05-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #5249
moyekj

Quote:

Quote:
Wow, that really blows, thanks for the heads up. Guess I have until Jan 2014 to find a free alternative. Never cared much for SourceForge but may have to go back to it.
I've started migration to SourceForge already - I still have a working account created back in 2003 in my ReplayTV days. It's going to be pretty painful since Wiki page syntax is a little different and SourceForge also has mirror redirections and slowness to deal with and in general everything is quite different, but I think it will work. (No doubt as soon as I finish up migration SourceForge will announce they're calling it quits too!)

Old 05-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #5250
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

You don't have to move everything just to get downloads...

wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote