TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
caddyroger

Can not get auto push to work

I am trying to get auto push to work. I got it set up but I get a

java lang null pointer exception error.
at java util arrays$arraylist<init>(unknown source)
at java util arrays aslist (unknown source)
at net java auto_push main.file.getfilelistingNoSort(file java 83)
at net java auto_push main.file.getfilelistingNoSort(file java 89)
at net java auto_push main.file.getallfiles(file. java:63)
at net java auto_push main.auto-push. main_push.one_loop(auto_push.java:172)
at net java'gui.monitor$1autothreadrun(monitor.java:42)
at java. thread.run(unknown source)
Edited to add this

error: can not run program "c\pytivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe"creatprocess eroor=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Last edited by caddyroger : 05-17-2013 at 07:20 PM.
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
moyekj

Path to ffmpeg looks wrong (missing a colon after volume name). Perhaps should be (also check for upper/lowercase):
c:\pytivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Path to ffmpeg looks wrong (missing a colon after volume name). Perhaps should be (also check for upper/lowercase):
c:\pytivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
oops I did not put the colon in place. The correct one reads

c:\pytivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe"creatprocess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Every thing is in small letters
Old 05-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #4
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
oops I did not put the colon in place. The correct one reads

c:\pytivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe"creatprocess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Every thing is in small letters
Something doesn't look right still with that extra quote there. Check the case on pyTivo as usually uppercase is used for the T. From the error it seems pretty obvious the full path to the ffmpeg.exe file is still not correct.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #5
caddyroger

Quote:
Something doesn't look right still with that extra quote there. Check the case on pyTivo as usually uppercase is used for the T. From the error it seems pretty obvious the full path to the ffmpeg.exe file is still not correct.
Maybe I should quit trying I can copy any thing right. It does have 2 quotes.
This taken off the log file.

2013_05_17_16:18:48 ERROR: Cannot run program "C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
2013_05_17_16:18:48 ERROR: Cannot run program "C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Here is my pyTivo.conf file

[Server]
tivo_username =xxxxxxxxxxxx
tivo_password = xxxxxxxxxx
tivo_mak = xxxxxxxxxx
ffmpeg = C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
tivodecode = C:\pyTivo\bin\tivodecode.exe
tdcat = C:\pyTivo\bin\tdcat.exe
beacon = 192.168.1.10
togo_path = D:\
port = 9032

[my videos]
type = video
path = e:\TEST
Old 05-18-2013, 01:36 AM   #6
moyekj

Right, so did you check that C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe actually exists and runs? How about permissions on the file? If you open a cmd window and execute it does it run?

Old 05-18-2013, 01:56 AM   #7
caddyroger

Quote:
Right, so did you check that C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe actually exists and runs? How about permissions on the file? If you open a cmd window and execute it does it run?
Thanks for the helping this dumd ass out. I opened up a cmd window and entered the path to the ffmpeg file and came back file not found. My pytivo folder is in my programs folder. In stead of this C:\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe it was supposed to be this C:\program files\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe. It working now. Without the program files in it still pulled and i could manually push programs