TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
hummingbird_206

The Vampire Diaries 5/16/2013 Graduation

I like Klaus the Hero much better than Klaus the Villan.

Bonnie's dead, but Jeremy is alive. Ugh.

Silas is Stefan's doppelganger, that should be fun.

And Katherine is human. Ha! How long until she gets someone to make her a vamp again?

I really like Matt and Rebekah together.

Was this the season finale?
hummingbird_206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
tivogurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
And Katherine is human. Ha! How long until she gets someone to make her a vamp again?
So Elena and the gang believe. The actual effect of the "cure", or whether it does anything at all, have not yet been established.
tivogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
cheesesteak
Meh.

This episode had the mother lode of bad accents, especially Rebekah's Fabio wannabe ex and her younger brother Whatshisname.

I still cant believe that Stefan was still in high school. I bet if you added up the days of attendance for the whole gang it wouldn't be enough for one of them to graduate.

Kinda funny that Elena declares her love for Damon right when the real life couple broke up.

I'm glad that boring Matt finally got the girl.

Bonnie asking Jeremy to tell the gang that she's over her mom's made me laugh. Like she would just disappear like that. She actually deserved her death with the capricious life and death decisions she made for others. Adio, BonBon. Don't hurry back.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
billypritchard
Embiggener

Not reading any posts yet, as I just watched last week's episode yesterday. Gee, I'm a week behind, do you think this season hasn't been too great?

I'll post about the finale in the next couple of days though.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #5
hummingbird_206

I've actually enjoyed the last few episodes quite a bit. More than I had in a long time. Especially liked having Ric and Lexie back. And even Katherine was fun to have around. I'm not at all happy Jeremy is alive again. Bonnie definitely deserved to die for using her power for evil.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #6
billypritchard
Embiggener

Definitely liked the surprise of Katherine getting the cure. That's a good twist.

So sick of Elena and Damon. To me, it just doesn't work, and the show really hasn't done anything to make it work. Her swelling declaration of love (delivered very flatly, were they already broken up in real life?) just went thud.

Buried vampire in water? Angel much?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
billypritchard
Embiggener

So Rebecca is going to the Originals, right? Which makes the last four episodes completely pointless, as relates to her and Matt.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
So Rebecca is going to the Originals, right? Which makes the last four episodes completely pointless, as relates to her and Matt.
New Orleans has lots of bar/restaurants for which Matt could be the only employee like he is at the Grill.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #9
hummingbird_206

I'm not a Damon/Elena shipper either. I don't like her and Stefan together, but at least that coupling makes sense. I didn't know that Nina and Ian had broken up. Maybe that explains the lack of chemistry lately. Usually they are smoking hot together.

I could see Matt following Rebekah to NO especially if they spend the summer traveling the world together. But I didn't know that Rebekah was going to the new show. I hope not. I'd rather she stayed in Mystic Falls. And bring Elijah back, too.

So now that Katherine is human (I assume) will Klaus be wanting her blood to make more hybrids?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #10
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
I'm not a Damon/Elena shipper either. I don't like her and Stefan together, but at least that coupling makes sense. I didn't know that Nina and Ian had broken up. Maybe that explains the lack of chemistry lately. Usually they are smoking hot together.

I could see Matt following Rebekah to NO especially if they spend the summer traveling the world together. But I didn't know that Rebekah was going to the new show. I hope not. I'd rather she stayed in Mystic Falls. And bring Elijah back, too.

So now that Katherine is human (I assume) will Klaus be wanting her blood to make more hybrids?
He should, obviously, but I don't see Nina Dobrev doing both shows, and Klaus is pretty much the main guy on the Originals. And you're not going to get that wish about Elijah either. Klaus and Elijah are the Stefan and Damon of that show.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #11
billypritchard
Embiggener

Saw a funny comment about the end of the episode. Where the f* did that safe come from that Silas put Stefan in? It's like he pulled it out of his arse, oh yeah, here's a giant safe I carry around!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
billypritchard
Embiggener

If we hadn't lost Photoshopgrrl to Supernatural, this thread would really be hopping!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #13
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Saw a funny comment about the end of the episode. Where the f* did that safe come from that Silas put Stefan in? It's like he pulled it out of his arse, oh yeah, here's a giant safe I carry around!
I thought I just missed how it got there. I sometimes don't pay really close attention when viewing.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #14
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
If we hadn't lost Photoshopgrrl to Supernatural, this thread would really be hopping!
Yeah I'm not sure that's true. BUT I'm here. I finally caught up over the weekend. I'm sad how much I used to love this show and how much I roll my eyes through 75% of it now.

My thoughts on the last 4-5 episodes (just gonna put them here since I assume if you're reading this thread you've seen the others!)

IMO they took WAY too long on the emotionless Elena. It just made me feel like they didn't have anything else to fill in the season with so they just kept dragging that storyline out.

I am so not invested in either main pairing on this show. I used to kinda like her with both but now I just wish they'd both tell her to get bent and find someone else. I still think her and Stefan will be end game though. Damon will never really get the girl.

And FU show for giving us Alaric and Lexi back and taking them away again. Tired of that. Why couldn't we have Alaric back for good instead of Jeremy! Sigh.

I did love love LOVE Tyler coming back for Caroline's prom. Cheesy. YES x 1000 but I still loved it. Then he and Klaus on the porch was a great scene too. "Was it worth it?" "Yes" You betcha Klaus. Bugger off now. Although I hate to say it. HATE to say it but his line to Caroline about Tyler being her first love but he intends to be her last was spectacular. Gosh that hurt my fingers to type even.

The entire thing with Silas being carried over to next season is a yawn from me. And he's Stefan's doppleganger? Really show? REALLY?

Jeremy is back. Boo.
Bonnie is dead. FINALLY! (although I don't dare get too happy over it because I doubt it sticks)

Yeah that's about all I got.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #15
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

So excited to see Bonnie dead only to have it ruined by getting Jeremy back. And of course he sees dead people so now we have both of them.

Listening to his ridiculous accent made me long to keep Bonnie around instead.

Looking forward to seeing Katherine as a human.

And we get evil Stefan! Really looking forward to that.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #16
cheesesteak
Meh.

As much as I hate Klaus, I'm even more tired of an Elena-centric show. I'll probably give The Originals a shot and not the Vampire Diaries in the fall if I watch either one.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #17
hummingbird_206

I really like Klaus when they try to make him the hero. No way is he the big bad they tried to make him. Just doesn't work. He's not heroic by a long shot, but when he's trying to be it works for me. I didn't want to like The Originals, but I'm sure I'll end up watching it. I'm sure I'll keep watching TVD, too. I made it through this season. Hopefully it will get better and not worse.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #18
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
I really like Klaus when they try to make him the hero. No way is he the big bad they tried to make him. Just doesn't work. He's not heroic by a long shot, but when he's trying to be it works for me. I didn't want to like The Originals, but I'm sure I'll end up watching it. I'm sure I'll keep watching TVD, too. I made it through this season. Hopefully it will get better and not worse.
Think of it this way. Did another show about vampires have a down year in Season 4 but came back better in Season 5? Yes, yes it did.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #19
MikeCC
TiVotee

I did not read that Rebekah was headed to New Orleans... Is she? I find that I am really getting invested in her story. I enjoy watching her stumbling attempts to be more human; learning to be good is a work in process, and she'll likely have a setback or two.

But man she and Matt sizzle.

Question: are there any vampires or other supernatural beings that are f-ugly? Every vamp, especially the females vamps (perhaps because I pay much closer attention to the females, eh?) are uber-pretty.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #20
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

I bet she and matt will spend the summer touring the world and then land in new Orleans right around September
Old 05-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #21
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
I did not read that Rebekah was headed to New Orleans... Is she? I find that I am really getting invested in her story. I enjoy watching her stumbling attempts to be more human; learning to be good is a work in process, and she'll likely have a setback or two.

Question: are there any vampires or other supernatural beings that are f-ugly? Every vamp, especially the females vamps (perhaps because I pay much closer attention to the females, eh?) are uber-pretty.
It's not vampires, it's the CW. It's a requirement that everyone be young and pretty on their shows.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #22
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post

Press release about the show.

Quote:
The series stars Joseph Morgan (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Immortals”) as Klaus, Daniel Gillies (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Saving Hope”) as Elijah, Claire Holt (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Pretty Little Liars”) as Rebekah, Phoebe Tonkin (“The Vampire Diaries,” “The Secret Circle”) as Hayley, Charles Michael Davis (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “Switched at Birth”) as Marcel, Daniella Pineda (“The Fitzgerald Family Christmas,” “Homeland”) as Sophie, Leah Pipes (“The Deep End,” “Sorority Row”) as Cami and Danielle Campbell (“Starstruck,” “Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection”) as Davina.