TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
JDG JDG

Storing Amazon movies on TIVO

We are likely moving overseas in the next few months. We are unsure of where we are going, so I am not sure what kind of TV we will have access to. I want to be prepared to stock up on a years worth of entertainment for me and my son. If I download a bunch of movies from Amazon to store on the Tivo, will we still be able to access them if we are overseas? My husband thinks that even after it is downloaded, it checks back with Amazon before it will play. I just thought it would be easier then buying a bunch of DVDs.
JDG JDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
magnus
Tivo User

My experience has been, that once it is downloaded you can watch it whenever. That does not hold true for rented titles though.
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
My experience has been, that once it is downloaded you can watch it whenever. That does not hold true for rented titles though.
+1

I've had Tv shows downloaded(which are purchase only) and we viewed them at my GFs house after the Premiere had been disconnected for a a few days.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
Johncv

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
Any video, MP3, or ebook is store in your Amazon library in your Amazon account, however you may want to contact Amazon on how to access your account overseas. My question is why even take your TiVo or TV both most likely will not work where your going. You state that your going to be there a year, seem to me you better off just purchase a TV and/or a device that can stream from Amazon in the country that your going to. Just curious, where are you going?

Sorry, re-read your post, YOU don't know where your going?

HDTiVo
27-inch iMac with i7 quad core processor

Last edited by Johncv : 05-17-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Johncv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #5
magnus
Tivo User

I'd get someone on this end to setup a Slingbox and watch TV that way... Along with a streamer box like a Roku.... Assuming they have those things that way.
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote