TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
Itproman

Question Tivo Premiere won't let me scan,or restart

I recently bought a used Tivo Premiere,which I haven't activated yet.One reason being I'm waiting for Zap2it to update its TV Guide for my area -which I've been told,could take awhile,but,it will get done.Our lone analog channel flastcut to digital today,so,now the listings are out again...

So...

2 things I notice:

1)If I try to restart,I press 3 thumbs down,enter,then nothing happens,except the boom,boom,boom audio effect. lol

2)I tried to scan for digital channels,but,same as above.

Is this because I haven't activated the Tivo box?

Fortunately,I can dial in the NEW 12.1 channel direct and watch it.

Too bad there isn't a way to just add one channel,but,I have the same problem with my Sony Bravia TV,you have to do a new 'scan' for digital channels,yet with my parents Toshiba,you just have to dial it in and if it's there,it'll lock it in.

On another note:

I can sign up at tivo.com/activate ,right,have to commit for 1 year and,then,if I want to cancel,I have to phone the 877 number,correct?
Itproman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
bshrock

Hello again.

1) Are you sure you are pressing "Enter" (right bottom)? I seem to press "Clear" (left bottom) by default.

2) I am not sure if you can do a channel scan without a valid subscription. Did you try the scan using the Standard Definition User Interface.

Can I use the DVR without TiVo Service?
Quote:
No smart, automatic-recording service or Trickplay functionality is represented or should be expected
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itproman
I can sign up at tivo.com/activate ,right,have to commit for 1 year and,then,if I want to cancel,I have to phone the 877 number,correct?
Correct, you have to call to cancel.
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
Itproman

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
Hello again.

1) Are you sure you are pressing "Enter" (right bottom)? I seem to press "Clear" (left bottom) by default.

No,I was pressing "SELECT."

Thankyou!I have it right,now.

2) I am not sure if you can do a channel scan without a valid subscription. Did you try the scan using the Standard Definition User Interface.

I just did a channel scan,slow as all get out,but it worked.

Can I use the DVR without TiVo Service?

Correct, you have to call to cancel.
Ok.It looks like I'll have to call to set up also,when the time is right,because the tivo.com/activate page is still not working.

Thanks!
Itproman is offline   Reply With Quote