After Update-
Software Version: 20.3.1
-01-2-7xx
Flash Player Version: quattro-2-3/2013.04.24-1805
HD Menu Software Version: b-iris-2-3/2013.03.12-1217
Update took 25min after reboot.
  • New Functionality - Improvements
    1. MLBtv added
    2. Initiating a recording from the guide is more fluid. No "please wait" box pops up and the guide seems to refresh in a cleaner manner. - http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...09#post9664109
    3. Reports of improved Channel Surfing (faster channel changes)

• Bugs - Previously reported but still not fixed with this update
    1. Not Fixed: Watching a program (using trick-play with LiveTV from the buffer) while the same program is currently recording, still dumps out to LiveTV when the recording program's time-slot ends. http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...38#post9470638
      (Note: Buffer is still lost when a new recording begins, back-to-back recordings (using trick-play with LiveTV from the buffer) may sometimes seamlessly transition to the next program, but the behavior is not consistent)
    2. Stop and Delete a current recording in an ARWL with one recording does not actually delete the group (even though the prompt says it will), you still have to delete it separately. - http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...55#post9685155
    3. This bug only appears when the Video Window is turned off. While watching a current recording, if you go into the guide and try to schedule a new recording with options or modify any other scheduled recording (changing pad times etc. in the options screen), when you get done you're kicked out of the recording and back into live TV for that channel. This also happens when watching completed recordings but you get sent to the last active channel. - http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...99#post9687299

• Bugs - Fixed
    1. Fixed - Minimum File Size Bug (of 2.05GB/.5Hr-SD / 4.1GB/.5Hr-HD) - http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=500526
      >>This bug also caused recordings to be deleted prematurely.
    2. EAS Test messages now fully scroll to end, 20.2.2 introduced a bug were the message exited less than 1/2 way through.
    3. Program Thumbnail no longer truncates the Episode# when the Season# is 10 or greater as long as the Episode# is only 2 digits. Three digit Episode#'s still get truncated when the Season# is 10 or greater.
    4. SD Menus: Deleting shows in a Folder using the Clear button no longer skips a line
    5. SD Menus: Scheduling a show manually from a WishList no longer adds the recorded show under My Shows as well as the Wishlist folder

• Bugs - Newly Introduced
    1. The "One Moment" screen launches in HD then quickly changes resolution to blurry.
    2. Info Bar now only shows 3 lines of text for the program description, then truncates the remaining. Four lines of text may/will initially display but quickly shortens to 3 lines. - http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...52#post9665852
    3. MRS (Streaming) Info Bar Missing Items: The following items are missing in the Info Bar when viewing using MRV from a remote Series 4. - http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...23#post9688423
      • Season# and Episode# (I recall these were missing also in 20.2.2.1)
      • Date & Time of recording New
      • Program Categories (i.e. Sitcom, Drama, Horror, Suspense, etc) New, (Note: the commas are still shown though, between were the Categories should be)
      • Thumbs Rating
    4. Deleting items from the RDF now takes 5 seconds for the list to repopulate, before the next item can be deleted.
    5. Signal Meter appears not to be accurate and will report the same Signal Level for all channels. http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...93#post9678493
    6. Reports of Audio loss or drop-outs when Dolby is selected and LiveTV trick-play functions are used, esp Skip-to-end. Loss of Audio also can occur when first turning TV on, or switching Input to the TiVo, from another source. I have PCM Audio selected and also have experienced these issues, so it is not strictly the Dolby setting.
      • One bug is that after a restart/reboot the foreground tuner will lose audio, until the channel is changed.
      • There is another bug were the Audio is lost when the HDMI connection is not active, so turning off the TV and back on, the Audio on the foreground tuner is lost until trick-play is used (FF/RW)

• Changes but not necessarily Bugs
    1. MBT (MotherBoard Temp) no longer has a temperature degree symbol ° and no longer has the (Normal) status, (the C for Celsius was removed in a prior update).
    2. Network/Phone text changed to just Network on 2 tuner Premieres
    3. Font size increase in Info Bar for Other Tuner(s) info

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TiVo Season 10 Episode Number.jpg (53.5 KB, 137 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 07-18-2013 at 05:11 AM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #2
gweempose

Very cool! I assume you registered your TSN on the priority update page.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
MeInDallas

Just downloaded it here too. Cant reboot yet because I have stuff recording
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDallas View Post
Just downloaded it here too. Cant reboot yet because I have stuff recording
Is there an order these updates are being taken in? Like those who got the update first registered their TSN's first?
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
MeInDallas

Did you register your Tivo's on the priority page? If you did just go make a manual connection and it will probably download for you. If not then you might get it in the next couple of days.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
spaldingclan

Was hoping for MLB.tv but no go. Can't see anything differnt
spaldingclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #7
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDallas View Post
Did you register your Tivo's on the priority page? If you did just go make a manual connection and it will probably download for you. If not then you might get it in the next couple of days.
I did Tuesday evening. I did a manual connection 4 times at 2 hour intervals on my Premiere 4 and no luck I'll try the Premiere and see if anything comes of it. Personally the HDUI is really quite fast already so I'd be interested to see any differences.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #8
MeInDallas

One of them I just rebooted and installed, and I noticed something new in the System Info screen thats not on the others, and its called

"Collab Slice Version: CP_Standard_t2 v.266"

No idea what it means.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #9
MeInDallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
I did Tuesday evening. I did a manual connection 4 times at 2 hour intervals on my Premiere 4 and no luck I'll try the Premiere and see if anything comes of it. Personally the HDUI is really quite fast already so I'd be interested to see any differences.
I added mine back on the 9th which was last Thursday. You shouldnt be too far behind, but I'm not even sure how they roll it out to people.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #10
JWhites

Was there any messages in the message center like there was for the Fall 2012 update which detailed things?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #11
MeInDallas

Not on my first one. I looked for that but nothing, just the software version has changed. I'm gonna do the 4 tuner one after this show gets thru recording.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #12
JWhites

ok, thanks and good luck.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:09 AM   #13
mrsean

I really hope the fix for the random rebooting is in the new update. My TP4 just rebooted on it's own again last night - so frustrating.

Retired: DirecTiVo, Series 2 DT, TiVo HD, Premiere, Premiere 4, TiVo Stream
mrsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:19 AM   #14
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

The waiting is killing me... its been on 'preparing to load' for a while now

I hope it fixes the random reboot too... got it the other night during prime time with three recordings going.
-Mini
-Stream
-Comcast/TiVo Mutant dvrs - RIP
-2x Upgraded Series 2 - Retired
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:33 AM   #15
Am_I_Evil

installing now
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:49 AM   #16
JWhites

I personally hope it doesn't bring random reboots to me. Everything's been smooth sailing for me prior to the update.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:01 AM   #17
MeInDallas

Looks like they have fixed the "no suggestions" issue. I have almost 4 pages right away with the tuning adapter plugged in

Edit: Nevermind I take that back, they were gone when I looked again

Last edited by MeInDallas : 05-16-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #18
JWhites

What do you mean? I wasn't aware of any issues. Could you elaborate please?
Old 05-16-2013, 02:56 AM   #19
MeInDallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
What do you mean? I wasn't aware of any issues. Could you elaborate please?
Heres some threads about it:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...ht=suggestions

Old 05-16-2013, 03:06 AM   #20
JWhites

Ah I see. I have suggestions turned off. Nonetheless I'm glad it's been corrected for those who use it
Old 05-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #21
Darkev

I don't recall my machines randomly rebooting. On occasion if I reboot my router, the Premiere and Premiere XL will lock up. It will turn on OK, but the minute I press the TiVo button to get my menu, the miniature screen goes in the right upper corner as usual, and the rest of the screen remains blue forever. It's like it's frozen. That's the only issue I've experienced. Recordings will still complete if they are in progress. The remedy was to pull the plug for a few seconds and plug back in. This only happened maybe once per month.

I use antenna only. I have no cable. I wonder if these random reboots are happening to people who use cable cards? Maybe it's a hardware issue based on some odd signal coming from the cable company?

I received the new version on one of my machines and haven't noticed a single thing different yet. Sometimes TiVo sends a TiVo message with their update so you can read what the update entails. I received no message with this update. I've only had it for 2 days. I may notice something in time. Maybe the monthly lockup after rebooting my router will be gone away.
Darkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #22
SugarBowl
Roamio Plus

Using page up/down in the guide seems very fast now.

Transitioning from full screen tv to the guide and back, I no longer have audio dropouts from the live TV sound.
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #23
compnurd

just finished the update on all 3..
compnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #24
Aero 1

the only thing that it fixed for me on one of my tivos is that i know have HD menu when i browse my other premiere, but it didnt fix it on the other premiere.

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | MLB.tv -
Aero 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #25
jrtroo
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaldingclan View Post
Was hoping for MLB.tv but no go. Can't see anything differnt
I would doubt a new app would show up so quickly. Normally that will become available on all boxes at the same time.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #26
sbiller

Mini Update?

Anyone receive the update on the Mini or does it even apply to the Mini?
sbiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #27
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
Anyone receive the update on the Mini or does it even apply to the Mini?
Good question I just was going to ask, after all my Tivos were updated I tried to update my Mini, nothing happened, except for software updates why does the Mini call in at all ?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #28
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
Good question I just was going to ask, after all my Tivos were updated I tried to update my Mini, nothing happened, except for software updates why does the Mini call in at all ?
Did anyone try to add their Mini to the Priority Update page?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #29
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
Account status updates since a service plan is required for it? That's a good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBowl View Post
Using page up/down in the guide seems very fast now.

Transitioning from full screen tv to the guide and back, I no longer have audio dropouts from the live TV sound.
Is that with the audio setting on Dolby Digital and connected via HDMI to the television with sound coming from the television? That's where I've noticed the audio dropping out to be the worst, and found changing to PCM audio to lessen the severity of it.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #30
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
Did anyone try to add their Mini to the Priority Update page?
Never mind... I just tried to add my Mini to the TiVo Priority Page and it gives an error message...

Quote:
Your TiVo DVR is not eligible for an early upgrade. Only TiVo Premiere, Premiere XL or Premiere Elite can be upgraded to the new software.