TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #5191
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules67 View Post
Hence my earlier post....
Eh?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #5192
robofreeze

I have an issue with KMTTG. Every time I attempt to transfer shows off of my TiVo, it will stop at "RUNNING 'REMOTE NP List' JOB FOR TiVo: DVR-7775" and will eventually tell me "ERROR: RemoteInit - (IP=192.168.1.2, port=1413): Read timed out" The weird thing is that if I run this program in GUI mode, it has no problems downloading shows. I'm wanting to get this setup because this is on a headless server, in which I'd rather not use a GUI through VNC and I'd want to schedule this program to execute. I've tried Google, but it doesn't seem like anyone else has this problem.
robofreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #5193
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by robofreeze View Post
I have an issue with KMTTG. Every time I attempt to transfer shows off of my TiVo, it will stop at "RUNNING 'REMOTE NP List' JOB FOR TiVo: DVR-7775" and will eventually tell me "ERROR: RemoteInit - (IP=192.168.1.2, port=1413): Read timed out" The weird thing is that if I run this program in GUI mode, it has no problems downloading shows. I'm wanting to get this setup because this is on a headless server, in which I'd rather not use a GUI through VNC and I'd want to schedule this program to execute. I've tried Google, but it doesn't seem like anyone else has this problem.
Do you actually have a DVR named "DVR-7775" and with IP 192.168.1.1? If not make sure you remove it from kmttg config under Tivos tab. If it is real series 4 DVR then make sure you turn enable Network Remote under DVR settings.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #5194
robofreeze

I have a TiVo Premiere Series 4, and my IP is NOT 192.168.1.2, and as above, it specifically says 192.168.1.2. You must have read it wrong. Network remote is enabled. I really don't see why it messes up on command line, but has no problems under the GUI. Here is a snapshot of the problem I have. Everything else will say, "Done."

i.imgur.com/nleWLuB.png
Old 05-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #5195
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Yes, that is what I'm referring to. After the "playlist" job completes there is another job started called "remote" with OUTPUT=NP List. Once that job completes the displayed NPL list will be refreshed with updated data, so Episode information that was missing will show up and in some cases episode information might change if the RPC data is different than the XML/local data. (Also note that you won't be able to play/delete shows shown in table until that "remote" job completes).
Yeah, I confirmed.. I guess that may be true of every Conan episode lately. The number in the 300s is presumably actually correct.. he's obviously not in his 38th season on whatever channel he's on now. Is there anyone useful to complain to about this kind of bad guide data?

Quote:
Help->About... does exactly that.
May be a good place to add an Update type command. I'll have to think about that some more.
OK, I guess I didn't look there. Is there any way, without a huge amount of effort on your part, to make the menus show up as "regular menubar menus" on the Mac version? I know Windows does menubar in windows (and actually, the Apple IIGS can do it too, but I personally don't like that UI), but generally, menus are in the menubar.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #5196
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
OK, I guess I didn't look there. Is there any way, without a huge amount of effort on your part, to make the menus show up as "regular menubar menus" on the Mac version? I know Windows does menubar in windows (and actually, the Apple IIGS can do it too, but I personally don't like that UI), but generally, menus are in the menubar.
I'm just using Java Swing which seems to look consistent on every platform I've seen except Apple, so it's really up to Java or Apple folks that control the appearance - I don't have any direct control over it. I don't have Apple platform to test on - I use Windows and Linux. Under config-Visual tab there's a "look and feel" entry with different choices but I don't know if that does anything useful/desirable on Apple platform.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #5197
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by robofreeze View Post
I have a TiVo Premiere Series 4, and my IP is NOT 192.168.1.2, and as above, it specifically says 192.168.1.2. You must have read it wrong. Network remote is enabled. I really don't see why it messes up on command line, but has no problems under the GUI. Here is a snapshot of the problem I have. Everything else will say, "Done."

i.imgur.com/nleWLuB.png
My typo on IP. Not sure what the problem is, especially if it works in GUI mode seeing as it's the same code to make the connection either way. Are you running latest version of kmttg?

Old 05-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #5198
ShayL

Quote:
I'm just using Java Swing which seems to look consistent on every platform I've seen except Apple, so it's really up to Java or Apple folks that control the appearance - I don't have any direct control over it. I don't have Apple platform to test on - I use Windows and Linux. Under config-Visual tab there's a "look and feel" entry with different choices but I don't know if that does anything useful/desirable on Apple platform.
Did you consider SWT when you selected swing?
ShayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #5199
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayL View Post
Did you consider SWT when you selected swing?
Briefly. Problem with SWT is it is not consistent look across different platforms, therefore if you are developing primarily on 1 platform (Windows in my case) things may look and behave very differently on other platforms which is not the case with Swing with the exception of Apple platform. So as it is now at least I know when I get GUI behaving as expected in Windows it will work without any tweaks on Linux too.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #5200
moyekj

v0p9r version released

v0p9r version just posted. Has update to include all known SPS backdoors for series 3 & 4 TiVos as part of the remote. Also has [movieYear] keyword added to File Naming configuration. See release_notes Wiki for details.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #5201
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Is it possible to list program guide by title in KMTTG?

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #5202
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Is it possible to list program guide by title in KMTTG?
Not exactly sure what that means so most likely no. Search tab of Remote sounds like most likely place if I understand what you are looking for.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #5203
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Not exactly sure what that means so most likely no. Search tab of Remote sounds like most likely place if I understand what you are looking for.
What I tend to do alot is, on the Tivo, program search by title and enter a zero, it would show all program titles sorted from 0-9, a-z. Wanted to see if KMTTG will do the same.

~~~~~

Old 05-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #5204
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
What I tend to do alot is, on the Tivo, program search by title and enter a zero, it would show all program titles sorted from 0-9, a-z. Wanted to see if KMTTG will do the same.
No.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #5205
robofreeze

Quote:
My typo on IP. Not sure what the problem is, especially if it works in GUI mode seeing as it's the same code to make the connection either way. Are you running latest version of kmttg?
Yes, I am running the latest version. I used to use a PHP script, "tivograb.php," which gathered all of the information and made an executable that would download the shows with curl. I moved to KMTTG due to TiVo not fixing their internal, "bad cookie." and I noticed that KMTTG was a good workaround. I have gotten the problem fixed. For some reason, the TiVo that is detected will work in GUI mode, and not command line mode. What I did was ignored the automatically detected TiVo and added another TiVo and put in the same IP address. For some reason, when I setup auto-transfers, I told it to only transfer from the TiVo I manually created instead of the automatically detected configuration. I was then able to close out of the GUI and execute it in command line mode, "./kmttg -a" (Have symbolic link linking to kmttg.jar for simplicity) I don't think it matters, but in case anyone is wondering, I am using Ubuntu Server 12.10 with OpenJDK.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #5206
mlippert

Quote:
v0p9r version just posted. Has update to include all known SPS backdoors for series 3 & 4 TiVos as part of the remote. Also has [movieYear] keyword added to File Naming configuration. See release_notes Wiki for details.
Thanks for the [movieYear].
mlippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #5207
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

I'm trying to set up my new iMac to run kmttg like my old Vaio did. I've got everything configured exactly the same way, yet I'm unable to download any of my shows from my TiVo. I'm including the error below incase any of you have any suggestions for me on what may be causing the issue.

Thanks!

Quote:
>> DOWNLOADING/DECRYPTING TO /Users/Heather1/Desktop/kmttg_v0p9r/The Mindy Project Take Me With You.mpg ...
"/usr/bin/curl" --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie sid=abc --url "http://ip.address.redacted:80/download/The%20Mindy%20Project.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=143758 " | "/Users/Heather1/Desktop/kmttg_v0p9r/tivodecode/tivodecode" --mak MAK --no-verify --out "/Users/Heather1/Desktop/kmttg_v0p9r/The Mindy Project Take Me With You.mpg" -
Saved 3 queued jobs to file: jobData.dat
Download failed to file: /Users/Heather1/Desktop/kmttg_v0p9r/The Mindy Project Take Me With You.mpg
Exit code: 126
/tmp/script5217492964941973001.tmp: line 1: chcp: command not found
/tmp/script5217492964941973001.tmp: line 2: /Users/Heather1/Desktop/kmttg_v0p9r/tivodecode/tivodecode: Bad CPU type in executable
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
100 31 100 31 0 0 324 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 329

0 31 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
46245 31 46245 14336 0 0 8676 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 25784
curl: (23) Failed writing body (0 != 2889)

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #5208
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
I'm trying to set up my new iMac to run kmttg like my old Vaio did. I've got everything configured exactly the same way, yet I'm unable to download any of my shows from my TiVo. I'm including the error below incase any of you have any suggestions for me on what may be causing the issue.

Thanks!
Looks like you need the Intel binary for tivodecode which you can find in tivodecode_MacOSX_intel.zip file.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #5209
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Quote:
Looks like you need the Intel binary for tivodecode which you can find in tivodecode_MacOSX_intel.zip file.
You're the best! That fixed it and I'm back up and running. Thank you!!!

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #5210
caddyroger

Projectx

How do use PROJECTX in Kmttg?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #5211
mike386

How does the "Disk Usage" calculation/chart handle shows that are in the "Recently Deleted" folder? I have over 100 deleted shows, but free space shows up as zero. So it must not count them as free space.
mike386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #5212
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike386 View Post
How does the "Disk Usage" calculation/chart handle shows that are in the "Recently Deleted" folder? I have over 100 deleted shows, but free space shows up as zero. So it must not count them as free space.
You must set the disk usage space manually and press enter to finalize it. It does not automatically set the full space.

~~~~~

Old 05-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #5213
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
Looks like there's a lot of helpful info here:
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/issues/detail?id=180

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 AM   #5214
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
Looks like there's a lot of helpful info here:
http://code.google.com/p/kmttg/issues/detail?id=180
I could not find any thing how to set up Pojectx for qsf.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:40 AM   #5215
christheman

It's pretty amazing and rare when a program does exactly what you want, as is the case with KMTTG for me.

I just had a question regarding the interface. I often switch back and forth multiple times between the Guide tab and the ToDo tab under the Remote options. Returning back to the Guide tab from the ToDo tab, the Guide tab always "resets" to the top Date/Time option on the pulldown menu. Usually I work with the newest dates, or at the bottom of the pulldown options, so this requires a correction each time I return to the Guide tab. Not a critical or even a functional issue for me, but perhaps there might be a workaround or a way to return it to the last option selected in the pull-down? If not, no big deal.

Thanks again
Chris
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #5216
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
1st make sure under File-Config-Programs that you have full path to ProjectX.jar configured. Then the "QS Fix" task should be available for use in the main kmttg window which signifies to use ProjectX for fixing issues with mpeg2 files. Just enable it along with other tasks you wish to perform.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #5217
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by christheman View Post
It's pretty amazing and rare when a program does exactly what you want, as is the case with KMTTG for me.

I just had a question regarding the interface. I often switch back and forth multiple times between the Guide tab and the ToDo tab under the Remote options. Returning back to the Guide tab from the ToDo tab, the Guide tab always "resets" to the top Date/Time option on the pulldown menu. Usually I work with the newest dates, or at the bottom of the pulldown options, so this requires a correction each time I return to the Guide tab. Not a critical or even a functional issue for me, but perhaps there might be a workaround or a way to return it to the last option selected in the pull-down? If not, no big deal.

Thanks again
Chris
I agree that's annoying. The reason why it's updating is in case you have kmttg GUI open for a long time it's resetting the time ranges starting from the current time to stay current. After updating the time ranges it should try and go back to whatever the previous setting was if still relevant and will look into doing that for next release.
EDIT: OK this was an easy update which is now in place and checked in.

Last edited by moyekj : 05-16-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #5218
skisail

TiVo series 4
OTA antenna

I finally got 5 shows to download and play:

BUT they're on the "j" version that I thought i'd overwritten with "q" "q" is present but in side "j". they read: C:\users\dave\my documents\kmttg_0p9j(1)

and C:\users\dave\my documents\kmttg_0p9j(1)\kmttg_0p9q

how do I straighten this out?

to further complicate things I renamed my first attempt yesterday to kmttg may 15 which I now realize is wrong. a show downloaded, but doesn't play well. it resides in C:\users\dave\kmtthg may 15. should I delete each component? or what?

thx,
dave
skisail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #5219
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by skisail View Post
TiVo series 4
OTA antenna

I finally got 5 shows to download and play:

BUT they're on the "j" version that I thought i'd overwritten with "q" "q" is present but in side "j". they read: C:\users\dave\my documents\kmttg_0p9j(1)

and C:\users\dave\my documents\kmttg_0p9j(1)\kmttg_0p9q

how do I straighten this out?

to further complicate things I renamed my first attempt yesterday to kmttg may 15 which I now realize is wrong. a show downloaded, but doesn't play well. it resides in C:\users\dave\kmtthg may 15. should I delete each component? or what?

thx,
dave
Not sure I understand exactly what you are doing or what you are asking, but looks like installation is a mess. I would start over:
* Download kmttg_v0p9r.zip
* Right click on the zip file and choose to extract to folder kmttg_0p9r
* Now navigate to the kmttg_0p9r folder and double click on kmttg.jar to launch the program. Let the tool download the tools and enter your 10 digit MAK.

I guess I need to update my windows installation instructions as seems like many new users don't know how to extract zip file to either a new folder or overriding files in an existing folder.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #5220
christheman

Quote:
I agree that's annoying. The reason why it's updating is in case you have kmttg GUI open for a long time it's resetting the time ranges starting from the current time to stay current. After updating the time ranges it should try and go back to whatever the previous setting was if still relevant and will look into doing that for next release.
EDIT: OK this was an easy update which is now in place and checked in.
Wow, thanks. BTW, this reminds me that the Tivo interface does exactly the same thing. If you are holding the remote control and scrolling ahead through the Guide screen, it will reset to the first program (the one currently being shown) once every half hour on the half hour - and that can be very annoying. Far worse than this was.

So that is apparently going to be an inherent issue with DVRs in some way or another. The solution is probably in balancing how often it updates or what triggers the update, and more importantly how the display handles the update.

Last edited by christheman : 05-16-2013 at 04:22 PM.
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote