TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
videohead

Angry Can't figure out why I can no longer transfer from PC to Tivo HD

I have a Tivo HD that I record shows and sometimes store on my PC for future use. I used to be able to transfer them back. Last Feb, I tried to transfer a show back to the DVR but instead of it downloading immediately, it told me that it was putting into queue and would start when current transfers have completed. There is nothing in queue on the dvr or pc.

I went thru tivo customer support in which I exhausted all of their ideas, including rebooting the computer, tivo and router. I have tried turning off Norton's firewall. I have made sure that the tivo desktop has nothing in its transfer files and even cleared the queue. Tivo desktop server properties/access control with the automatic option is checked with the DVR name. I tried re-installing tivo-desktop on the pc as someone suggested including the update that fixed the transfer problem to the pc.

I can transfer from the DVR to the pc just fine, but not back. What's frustrating is that it worked fine for 2 yrs and I am not sure if it quit working after I installed Win 7 on my pc. I have looked at threads on this forum and have tried some of the ideas on here but not sure if I found all of the appropriate suggestions. Any help would be appreciated.
videohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

First, go to the ToDo List (a shortcut is Tivo button, then 2).
Highlight any items that is designated to transfer and press CLEAR to remove.
Reboot the Tivo.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
videohead

Thanks for your reply. The only thing that is on the todo list are the programs to record. No transfers listed. I had cleared that out each time I tested out an idea and the transfer went to queue. I keep thinking there is something on the Tivo I'm missing. I can see the files I want to transfer to the tivo but for some reason it thinks there is a transfer already in progress.

update: Just rebooted the Tivo and now its working. Go figure!

Last edited by videohead : 05-15-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: giving an update
videohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
lillevig
Hot in West Texas

I got a transfer stall once when I tried to queue up too many. Had to reboot the Tivo to clear it out.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
waynomo
My One Time

And DVR to PC transfers are still working fine?
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
ggieseke

Unplug the TiVo from your home network, reboot it, and wait a few hours before reconnecting the network. If there's a "ghost" transfer stuck in there somewhere that usually fixes it.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #7
waynomo
My One Time

One thing I had to do to get my transfers working back to my TiVo was to use the TiVo Beacon Service instead of Bonjour.

The TiVo Beacon Service needs to be enabled in Services. It should be on Automatic. And then in TiVo Server Properties under the Network tab select "TiVo Beacon Service."

Let me know if you need any further explanation on how to do any of this.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote