TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #31
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

I'd love to see them use the Crimson Dynamo.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #32
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
The only characters who other studios have now are Spidey, the FF, and the X-Men (none of whom would be wasted in a SHIELD TV show anyway). And if it were easier just to create their own, they would have done it in the comics, where the last seriously successful character created was, what, Wolverine? 1974?

Nah, if they're going to use super-heroes (I haven't seen the trailer yet), then they'll plunder Marvel's vast catalog. They'd be fools not to.
Are we limiting that to only Marvel? Because I think a case could be made for Wolfman-Perez Teen Titans in 1982. Or, you know, Watchmen in 1986.

Still a very long time. Remember when Nova was going to be "The next Spider-Man"? You just can't force that.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #33
mwhip
All better

This kind of reminds me of Heroes but you know it probably won't suck.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #34
Ereth

I wouldn't be surprised if it's more "Man from U.N.C.L.E" than Heroes, since it's about a super-spy organization. I suspect the super stuff will be incidental and ancillary, to keep costs down.

But I also would bet on references, and how ordinary humans deal with living in a world with Thunder Gods and Hulks.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #35
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagojr View Post
I hope you mean the first season....
Well the first two for me.
Ment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #36
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

They can use Dr. Strange, Daredevil, Black Panther, Hercules, the Inhumans, Ant-Man, the Vision, Wonder Man, Iron Fist. Also, there's no reason Hawkeye or the Black Widow couldn't show up if Jeremy Renner or Scar-Jo aren't busy. (They'd probably save those for Big-Event episodes.)

I wonder if Hydra and/or AIM will be the opposition. But don't expect them to wear those green crepe uniforms (Hydra) or the yellow jumpsuits with hat-box helmets (AIM).
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #37
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
They can use Dr. Strange, Daredevil, Black Panther, Hercules, the Inhumans, Ant-Man, the Vision, Wonder Man, Iron Fist. Also, there's no reason Hawkeye or the Black Widow couldn't show up if Jeremy Renner or Scar-Jo aren't busy. (They'd probably save those for Big-Event episodes.)
Dr. Strange, the Panther, Ant Man, and Iron Fist all have movies in various stages of planning, so they would be out. And I assume now that they have Daredevil back, they wouldn't waste him on a TV show. I doubt very much the show's budget could handle even guest appearances by any of the existing movie characters.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #38
dtle

I know that Marvel doesn't own the X-Men films and TV, but can they use the X-Men plot of mutants popping up everywhere? It seems like a good springboard for the Mutant-of-the-Week setting.
dtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #39
JYoung
Series 3

You know you're dying to see Brother Voodoo show up.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #40
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:

I wonder if Hydra and/or AIM will be the opposition. But don't expect them to wear those green crepe uniforms (Hydra) or the yellow jumpsuits with hat-box helmets (AIM).

Old 05-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #41
Polcamilla
Still up here...

TC CLUB MEMBER
There's a super hero called "Wonder Man"?? How inadequate must that guy feel!

Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - video card failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - hard drive failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - misreporting drive space, exchanged approved, REVIVED!! (Thank you,TiVoCommunity!), fried modem
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - loose screw and noisy fan
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - returned because it was too noisy for a bedroom

....and still part of the
TiVolution!
Polcamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #42
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polcamilla View Post
There's a super hero called "Wonder Man"?? How inadequate must that guy feel!
Yes there is, and I liked him until John Byrne got his hands on him.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #43
Polcamilla
Still up here...

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Yes there is, and I liked him until John Byrne got his hands on him.
Reading that Wiki article, is it wrong that I think he ought to be played by Matt LeBlanc?

Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - misreporting drive space, exchanged approved, REVIVED!! (Thank you,TiVoCommunity!), fried modem

TiVolution!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #44
Ereth

Few people remember that Wonder Mans brain patterns were used by Ultron to create the Vision. Given the rumors that we might see The Vision in future Avengers movie, it would be way cool to use Wonder Man to set that up in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Not that the movies/TV has to use everything from the books, but it'd be a nice wink to the long time fans.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:33 AM   #45
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
Few people remember that Wonder Mans brain patterns were used by Ultron to create the Vision. Given the rumors that we might see The Vision in future Avengers movie, it would be way cool to use Wonder Man to set that up in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Not that the movies/TV has to use everything from the books, but it'd be a nice wink to the long time fans.
I remember because I'm an old dude.

Not only does the Vision have Wonder Man's brain patterns, he has the Golden-Age Human Torch's android body. I always admired Steve Englehart for coming up with that brilliant origin, although I'm told a lot of Marvel writers and editors hated him for meddling with their characters.

Oh, and is there any reason they can't use Prince Namor, the SUB-MARINER?
Old 05-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #46
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Not only does the Vision have Wonder Man's brain patterns, he has the Golden-Age Human Torch's android body. I always admired Steve Englehart for coming up with that brilliant origin, although I'm told a lot of Marvel writers and editors hated him for meddling with their characters.
Roy Thomas and Neal Adams, actually, although Englehart was writing the book when they finally revealed it. But there was that famous scene in the Kree-Skrull War when Ant-Man finds the evidence that the Vision was actually the Human Torch (although we didn't know that's what he found). Apparently, Adams drew the scene without knowing what Ant-Man found, and it struck Thomas that Viz was HT. He dropped hints through the rest of his run.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #47
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

Really? It was Thomas and not Englehart who came up with that, and Englehart took the credit -- and the heat -- because he was the writer? Huh.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #48
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Really? It was Thomas and not Englehart who came up with that, and Englehart took the credit -- and the heat -- because he was the writer? Huh.
I don't think he ever took the credit...in retrospect, it was clear that Thomas had been setting it up for years, and I knew when I was a kid the Adams-Thomas story. Englehart was just tying up loose plot threads, and I haven't ever heard him claim anything else.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #49
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

So what's the big deal with "Coulson Lives?" Did he die in the Avengers movie? I remember almost nothing from that movie other than a gigantic flying craft and a ridiculously long and elaborate battle scene at the end.

Oh, and them all sitting in a restaurant after the credits.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #50
Goober96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
So what's the big deal with "Coulson Lives?" Did he die in the Avengers movie? I remember almost nothing from that movie other than a gigantic flying craft and a ridiculously long and elaborate battle scene at the end.

Oh, and them all sitting in a restaurant after the credits.
Yes, he died in the Avengers movie.
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #51
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
He was impaled through the chest by a metal rod during that battle. He had a very long and fairly explicit death scene.

They's gots some 'splainin' to do.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #52
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
I remember because I'm an old dude.

Not only does the Vision have Wonder Man's brain patterns, he has the Golden-Age Human Torch's android body.

Thanks to John Byrne, that's no longer the case.

Byrne destroyed the Thomas era Vision completely by having him dismantled by the Government and his brain completely erased.
The West Coast Avengers put his body back together but not his mind.

He was later destroyed in Avengers Disassembled and then rebuilt for Young Avengers with a young Immortus' brain patterns.

And he's not the rebuilt Human Torch but something Ultron built based on some of Professor Horton's design work.
Which is why the real Original Human Torch has been running around the Marvel Universe for the last 15 years (although somewhat on and off, so to speak).

"I aim to misbehave"

Last edited by JYoung : 05-16-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #53
dtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
He was impaled through the chest by a metal rod during that battle. He had a very long and fairly explicit death scene.

They's gots some 'splainin' to do.
In a world of super powers, aliens, and high-tech gadgetry, I don't think they will have a problem coming up with an explanation. Or they may even drag it out as the whole season-long mystery plot.
dtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #54
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

I think I have it. Coulson is Wolverine's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #55
Polcamilla
Still up here...

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosofy View Post
I think I have it. Coulson is Wolverine's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roomate.
Not that it matters hugely, but Wolverine's father's brother's nephew's cousin could be Wolverine himself.

TiVolution!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #56
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
In a world of super powers, aliens, and high-tech gadgetry, I don't think they will have a problem coming up with an explanation. Or they may even drag it out as the whole season-long mystery plot.
The simplest way would be to make the TV character an LMD (Life Model Decoy; android duplicates that are commonly used in the SHIELD comic books). And it would open up some interesting sci-fi storylines...what is it to be human? Is an exact duplicate of Coulson Coulson? Etc. etc...a long form version of what Blade Runner did (or Battlestar did badly). All the sci-fi, none of the budget.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #57
Ereth

Previously unmentioned twin brother. Phil Coulsen died in the helicarrier. Paul Coulsen, though, he works in a smaller facility that is soon to get a TV show.

Yeah, that works.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #58
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post

Thanks to John Byrne, that's no longer the case.

Byrne destroyed the Thomas era Vision completely by having him dismantled by the Government and his brain completely erased.
The West Coast Avengers put his body back together but not his mind.

He was later destroyed in Avengers Disassembled and then rebuilt for Young Avengers with a young Immortus' brain patterns.

And he's not the rebuilt Human Torch but something Ultron built based on some of Professor Horton's design work.
Which is why the real Original Human Torch has been running around the Marvel Universe for the last 15 years (although somewhat on and off, so to speak).
Ick. I wish I didn't know that now.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #59
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post

Stick one of Tony Starks glowing widgets in the middle of his chest.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #60
sean67854
Why?

TC CLUB MEMBER
I suspect you might see a mix of C-Listers and low level A and B listers appearing. It would be pretty easy to use this show to get the public's interest in a certain character and/or a certain actor playing that character.

Xbox gamertag sean67854

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sean67854 is offline   Reply With Quote